Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 328i M/T helrot
Question Exhaust question

Even though opinions on straight pipes, headers, etc. are welcome, this isn't what this post is about. I would like to know how much of a difference in sound there would be to an e46 323/328 vs a 325/330. I know the exhaust setups are different so I'm assuming different sounds?

The reason I'm asking is because I plan to do the whole resonator delete deal, and leave my stock muffler and headers. I heard the way slimklim's 325 sounds and I love it. I searched all through youtube and I couldn't find a single 323/328 with the res delete mod and stock muffler/headers so I would like to know how similar the results would be to that of a 325/330.

Thanks for the help

"We're brothers, we're happy and we're singin and we're Bimmers!!"

Last edited by imurdereda5; 10-09-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2012, 05:43 PM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
I did this first. I removed my resonators and kept stock muffler. The only change was it was more raspy at higher RPMs and that was about it. I honestly could barely hear any change at all. I might still have a video of it if you want me to search for it I'll try and post it up for you?.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM

If you could do that, that would be awesome! Thanks. No rush though, I probably won't be doing this until next week. Any idea as to how it would sound with both deleted?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM
L4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by imurdereda5 View Post
If you could do that, that would be awesome! Thanks. No rush though, I probably won't be doing this until next week. Any idea as to how it would sound with both deleted?
I'll try and find it when I get home and post it if I can find it lol. If not my apologizes. I had both deleted and as I said I didn't even notice a difference other than it being more raspy at higher RPM. I finally changed out the muffler with a magnaflow and it sounded 10x better, deeper and louder. Than eventually when I put the SC on the entire sound of the whole car changed.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
I'll try and find it when I get home and post it if I can find it lol. If not my apologizes. I had both deleted and as I said I didn't even notice a difference other than it being more raspy at higher RPM. I finally changed out the muffler with a magnaflow and it sounded 10x better, deeper and louder. Than eventually when I put the SC on the entire sound of the whole car changed.
Oh okay I read that wrong, thought you said you deleted the first one.. Alright if you can't find it no worries, I'm sorta set on doing this regardless at this point. Just checking if anyone had a general idea on how it would sound compared to the 325/330. I keep hearing great things about magnaflow mufflers so I may consider that later down the road Thanks again for your help.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 PM
L4P

Quote:
Oh okay I read that wrong, thought you said you deleted the first one.. Alright if you can't find it no worries, I'm sorta set on doing this regardless at this point. Just checking if anyone had a general idea on how it would sound compared to the 325/330. I keep hearing great things about magnaflow mufflers so I may consider that later down the road Thanks again for your help.
Yeah I'm very happy with my magnaflow muffler. Sounds very deep and not raspy what so ever.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:34 PM

Mkay great. I'll make sure to keep that in mind

Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Yeah I'm very happy with my magnaflow muffler. Sounds very deep and not raspy what so ever.
One more thing.. Where's the best place to get a magnaflow muffler? Now I'm sorta thinking of just waiting some more and doing the magnaflow and res delete.... Raspiness scares me haha

Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM
L4P

Quote:
One more thing.. Where's the best place to get a magnaflow muffler? Now I'm sorta thinking of just waiting some more and doing the magnaflow and res delete.... Raspiness scares me haha
planetmagnaflow.com use coupon code j10 for 10% off for anything under $300 or j20 for things over $300.