Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 10-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Displaced Charger Fan

Mein Auto: 330Ci Convertible
Let's pull some 1991 stuff in here:

"'Til Death Do Us Part" by White Lion. No official video? Crap.

Iím usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. - Martellus Bennett
Old 10-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm smarter than you're.

Mein Auto: 2015 VW GTI Autobahn
Old 10-07-2012, 12:16 PM
It's complicated

Mein Auto: 95 Alpine M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwhusky View Post
I'm actually giving you good advice and a few months down the road you'll realize it. Women are not attracted to men chasing after them and who appear desperate and send them love songs. Women are attracted to strength and confidence and in any situation like this I'd suggest to the guy to be confident, act like you can move on as easily as she can, when you're around her be happy and enjoy yourself and don't act like you're devastated and you're more likely to get her back.
Not really sure I agree about acting like I can move on easily, but this might actually be good advice.

Thank you.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_H View Post
Not really sure I agree about acting like I can move on easily, but this might actually be good advice.

Thank you.
I don't think it is a good advice in your case. It would be a good advice if you are chasing after someone who doesn't show interest. But in her case according to you she is or was very interested in you to the degree that she wanted you to commit. If you act now as if you can move on, you will just prove to her that she was right about you not being ready to commit.

You might do better to forget all these head games and try to have an honest and open conversation with her and tell her that you want to commit. Head games that late into your relationship is just that. Games. And a serious girl will not appreciate that. She needs to be reassured by you. Not to get her mind confused back into relationship with you.

But you will need to do this quickly because you would be surprised how fast a girl can erase you from her mind and move on once she decides to move on.

You better ask some of the female members here for an advice. And of course, I might be completely wrong. I don't know the two of you after all.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
Quote:
We communicated well in all areas, music was just something we both loved and used to send each other.

I'm an idiot because I waited too long to commit. She got tired of waiting, can't blame her.
I don't think you're an idiot for waiting to commit

I waited nearly 10 years to get married to my wife
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to uwhusky
Mein Auto: 2008 e60 535xi
So if you lost her by not committing, can you get her back by being ready or proving to her that you're committed? I'm assuming we're talking marriage here? If not, what kind of commitment was she looking for and if you're ready to give her that commitment, then would she come back?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
I am such an idiot.

We had communicated well through music

What songs can I use to get her back?

Someday - Nickleback
Come Back To Me - David Cook

Others?
If everything was as good as you remember it and you lost her because you wouldn't commit, then go and get her back!

Make the committment you were afraid to make...go tell her how you feel. Don't leave anything out, say it with conviction, and hold your head high. Be confident. She will give you another chance if you can show her that you are ready to do what you need to do. A song won't do it....you need to think big.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 PM
It's complicated

Mein Auto: 95 Alpine M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post

Make the committment you were afraid to make...go tell her how you feel. Don't leave anything out, say it with conviction, and hold your head high. Be confident. She will give you another chance if you can show her that you are ready to do what you need to do. A song won't do it....you need to think big.
Working on that.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Ac***** ******

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330soon2b View Post
A song won't do it....you need to think big.
Yea, but it can still help, especially when performed in a right way: