Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
and the Panny doesn't handle well?

Did your E60 handle better than the Panny turbo, and which E60 turbo did you own and enjoy, causing you to purchase the F10 without test driving it?
I think you misunderstood. The Panny does handle well but if you are willing to spend the significant extra $$$ on a turbo over the S or GTS you're IMO a power and speed junkie. The S and GTS handles as good and are not underpowered. Thereby it's very likely that someone who opts for the Panny turbo will be wowed by the M5's fairly extreme power resources and speed, the two cars speaks to the same audience. Mental picture of Clarkson shouting "POWER" or trashing the tires of the SLS AMG. I also think variable steering assist is standard on the turbo, IMO that ruins the steering on both the Cayenne and Panny. ( It costed me almost $2k to get rid of Servotronic in my Cayenne order since I needed to go a la carte instead of package but thankfully it is an option and only forced on you in the Hybrid and Turbo ).

Last edited by solstice; 10-09-2012 at 11:01 PM.