Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 05-06-2010, 02:22 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
Heated Seat Not Working

The driver side heated seat isnt working on my X5, the lights for the switch never go on so think the element is ok, it started as a kind of intermittent problem. Found 1 fuse in the boot for the seats and its ok. Is there any other fuses or relays i should be looking for. Thanks and great forum everyone.
Ads by Google
Old 05-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Had the same problem in my X3. They replaced the whole heating element in the seat cushion under warranty. Known problem, no questions, they just did it. A few people on the board have reported burning from defective seat heaters as well. Both seat covers and rear ends!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:31 AM

Mein Auto: bmw
Was there not something about if it is the element thats away the switch should light on as if the seat is working, then switch off its self after a few seconds. The switch doesnt light at all on the drivers side. The cars a late 2006 so out of warranty and the local main dealer to me aint the greatest so trying to figure out as much info as i can for myself before i go there as im more than willing to buy the required parts and fit myself. Thanks for the help UncleJ.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
In my case the pax seat worked just fine, but the driver's seat did not. It didn't show any prior indication of a problem, just didn't work anymore . Here BMW has a relaxed "goodwill" policy that covers problems up to 75K miles (there is a SIB on this) but I don't know if that would help you. This is a well known problem (like crappy window regulators) and the dealer should be well aware of how to fix it -- which generally means replacing the whole seating element under the cover. I don't know how thick on the ground dealers are back there but you might want to try a different dealer who will be more inclined to help.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 M3 convertible
Angry x5 intermittent heated seat

having same intermittent prob w 2005 x5 3.0i heated seat. anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram for the seats or any solution to the prob? out of warr. dealer quoted $1200 for new seat.