Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
Any chance that you were not in sport mode?

I tried to prove today that this could be the reason but it didn't seem to be true. I went above 210kph in comfort mode and later hit 140 mph in sport before my Dad convinced me to slow down. This is on my 328i M-Sport.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
It was definitely a result of being in comfort mode I think. Sport mode was needed but I was crushing so didn't even think about it. I am so sad.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
No need to be sad. If it is that important to you, use it as motivation for your next ED!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Second picture. Outside Chigny Les Roses. Home of "ace of spades" champagne (Armand De Brignac)

Just a couple notes from the trip.
  • I strongly recommend Tolltickets.com if you are traveling in a country with lots of tolls. I had the Liber-T box that allowed me to zoom through France with no delays or issues with enough Euros, etc. It was fantastic. They handle all of Europe and are worth the time to check out.
  • Oktoberfest is a MUST DO event in your lifetime. If you havent done it, find a way to do so. What a crazy crazy place. And nowhere is better than Munich. Next year is the 180th annual.
  • For everyone that recommended Kanzel Hotel and Residences in France I cant thank you enough. What an amazing hotel. Location is divine, service is even better and they sent us to a restaurant that just happened to be our favorite meal of the entire trip and it was on a whim since Auberge D'Il was closed.
  • Ribeauville is a must visit town if you are in France.
  • If you are in Paris or driving to Paris I wouldnt miss Reims. Their cathedral blows Notre Dame out of the water and the Crayéres are pretty spectacular. Do a Champagne tour of the Roman Chalk Caves. It will blow your mind.
  • Iphone 5 takes some pretty awesome photos. We decided early on to put my DSLR away and just use the phone. So much less hassle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4724-Edit.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	345340