I have the ESS Flash tune, it comes with instructions, just follow them but here is a quick DIY guide:
Originally Posted by reltney5150
Just purchased ESS software and I am wondering if anyone knows of a good do it yourself guide.
Never done this before so I want to be sure I do it correctly.
1) connect the flash tune to your computer and download the software to your PC
2) connect the flash tune to your car ECU and upload the car file into your flash tune, this process takes like 30 minutes, make sure you have your car with a battery charger during this process
3) once the ECU file has been uploaded connect the flash tune to your computer and download the car file to your pc
4) email your car file to ESS and wait for the upgraded file to be returned by ESS via email
5) once you have received the modified file, save it on your desktop and connect the flash tune, upload the modified file into your device
6) connect the flash tune to your ECU and download the modified file, this process is pretty quick, maybe 10 minutes
drive your car and enjoy the new power and features
2013 M3 E93 FB, S/C ESS VT2 650, Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust, Brembo Brakes, ADV1 wheels, KW sleeve coil over kit, vorsteiner front lip, OEM rear lip, OSS V4 kit, BMW perfm blk grille, FB side gills, Satin blk windows trim, wind deflector