Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to ixmeltxfaces
Mein Auto: E39 528i
Fs/Ft Clean & Stanced 1984 mk1 vw rabbit

WILL ENTERTAIN ALL OFFERS!
interested in: COUPES mainly from e30-e39. Im interested in non bmw trades as well.

$5000 as it sits, I have tons of extras, complete 16v swap as well for the right trade.

SUMMARY:
Up for sale is my "AS IS" 1984 volkswagen rabbit. I bought this car locally about a year ago, and decided to build it and make it my project car. I started working on it, and got it back to daily driver condition. I have done lots of work to it, which I will go into detail. The car runs and drives great, just looking to pay off some school stuff, and looking for something rwd or can haul stuff.

Condition:
SMOKE FREE-FLORIDA CAR
Outside: (9 out of 10) The car was re sprayed 3 months ago, there are a few flaws in the paint job. (small run under the driver side rear door handle) (noticeable line inside of the rear hatch) and a few small spots where it looks like the paint shop let the air hose touch the car or something on the front passenger side fender. (Im sure a wax and a buff could hide the blemishes.) A couple small paper clip sized dents that the body shop missed, nothing too noticeable. The pin stripes are not perfect as far as level, but look good overall. The driver side front fender around the wheel well was pulled incorrectly when the guy rolled the fender so there are 3 small dents from where it was rolled, again not noticeable when you're not on top of it. (pictured) Its also missing the front passenger side fog light assembly, it can be replaced here off of ebay for $30 for both sides. Right now neither fog light is plugged into the harness.

Inside: (9 out of 10) The inside was all re done. I had the door panels re finished black, along with the dash. (there is a small run spot on the dash, I can send a picture of it, I forgot to take a picture of it when I was taking pictures this morning.) The steering clam shell is currently un installed, but is included in the auction. (I couldn't figure out how to get it back on.) The auction price includes a stock blue steering wheel, but the buy it now will include my black momo (pictured) it is in okay condition. The front seats are out of a mk2 golf, they do not match the rear bench, however if you buy it now, I will include two black leather/vinyl corbeau racing seats (pictured) that match the rear bench. The headliner is regular fabric, when I got the car, it didn't have one. The clock on the dash, works when it wants too, but speedo and odometer still work. The gas gauge works, but sticks sometimes, so it takes a few days to get used to if you drive it a lot like I do.

Features:
It has a sun roof that DOES NOT LEAK,
AC blows, just not ice cold.
Stock engine
Locking glove box
EURO bumpers

Flaws:
The radio, and speakers are installed, but not connected, the previous owner (PO) had it disconnected, and I re installed it one day, and it sounded horrible, so I unplugged it again. The PO said that the radio has a short that drains the battery after a few days, so to take precaution, I disconnect the battery every night, it has no problems starting. Im not good with electrical things, so I dont know how to find the draw. The over head light is disconnected as well he said. The passenger door lock, it locks and everything from both sides, however can only be unlocked from the inside. The rear hatch does not lock. (every other lock is fine.) The rear hatch door seal was missing when I got the car, so I had the shop locate one, when they installed it, they put silicone around it, before they painted it, to make sure it didnt leak, it doesn't look super clean, but is hidden when the door is shut. (I forgot to take a picture of this, I will upload one tomorrow.) The car didnt have sun visors when I bought it, so I located a pair, however they dont stay still when you turn, so they slide around, I didnt want to glue them in permanently. small spot of rust around windshield, (pictured)

MODS: The car is sitting on raceland coil overs, mk2 seats (came with the car), Fenders have been rolled, euro bumpers. everything else is stock.

NEW PARTS WHILE I HAD IT: new shift links, suspension, strut mounts, bumper mounts, rear brakes, front brakes, visors, euro bumpers, rear brake lines, front and rear wheel bearings, inner and outer tie rods, rear and front windows, paint, and door handles, battery, rear seat, hr spacers.

History
I bought it from a guy locally here in Florida, the PO said that the engine is the stock engine and was rebuilt by the owner before him. (he was unsure when it was done) The car had a few small spots of rust, but they were all taken care of except for the windshield spot (pictured) by the body shop I took it too.

[B]OVERALL
The car runs and drives great, I drive it on a daily basis. I have described it to the best of my knowledge, I am selling it as is. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Pm's or texts work best, Im not on the forum everyday.

407-342-2570
Im in Florida.

new front windshield and gasket
new rear window gasket
Brand new shift links
Raceland Coil overs
new front strut mounts
new brake lines, hardware and pads
rolled fenders
resprayed dash/panels
euro plastic bumpers
euro front turn signals