Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2012, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Gran Turismo
I'm no longer a Gran Turismo owner

I loved the car for all the reasons most GT owner do. It was my first BMW and was buying instead of leasing because it was the car I planned on keeping longer than 24 or 36 months. During my research before buying I missed one issue. And the issue led to last Friday being, my last day of ownership.

Reason? Started with cracked wheels, continued with BMW's response to the issue and ended after a comment by the sales manager (which I'm sure he meant as encouragement to keep the car but had the opposite effect after dealing with BMW on the issue).

I thought about it for a while, decided when you spend a lot of money to buy a luxury car, you do so to enjoy it, not worry about its safety. And you hope the company wishes the same for owners of its vehicles. Decided I want to focus on other things than this situation, so I decided to take the loss and move on to another Luxury car brand, and did so on 10/12/2012.

To all BMW owners, especially GT owners, I want you to know I still think its a great car. Thats why we bought them. Enjoy yours, but if you have 19" alloy wheels, have them checked regularly for cracks, otherwise you won't know till a problem arises while you're driving with a crack wheel.

Good Luck

Last edited by Tonomeis; 10-14-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Ads by Google