Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Mein Auto: Corvette
BMW Reality !!!

What can I say other than to hope none of you experience the worst kind of Euro delivery and unnecessary VDC delays that I have encountered. When picking our car up at the Welt the car was presented to us with wax swirl marks and streaks. All the other cars looked well detailed but ours. I kid you not. Then our car arrives at the VDC on the 27th and clears customs on the 1st and guess what? All that talk about sold cars and euro delivery cars taking a priority for trucking to the dealers is just that......TALK......the car is still at the VDC on the 12th......they have our money and are sending several trucks a week of stock cars to the dealer I bought the car from.......that's what I call real customer service! I am glad everyone else is happy with their experience but I am not impressed......ultimate driving machine or not! I can only blame North American BMW for this as it is very obvious they do not have a handle on the VDC, when in fact they should.....my dealer has no clue where the car is. Other than to say it has not been released yet, but wait, 2 days ago they told me it would be here on Thursday? What was that all about? Honestly I am sorry at this point for buying the Ultimate Driving Machine....because it is certainly not the Ultimate car company from a customer service point of view......!!!!!!!
Ads by Google
Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i GT
Wow, that's a first I've read on here and even in the ED forum that a car was not properly detailed during delivery at the Welt.

As far as your timeline, the process is Port arrival, customs release, release to VDC, VDC release to trucking company, and then delivery to your dealer. So VDC didn't really get your car until after customs release. My car took 3 days in customs, 4 in VDC, and the trucking company took 7 days to deliver my car to the dealer. The only point of time when my CA was NOT aware where my car was when it was with the trucking company. I agree and know for a fact that ED cars having priority through this process is untrue. That's why I believe it's sitting somewhere queued up to be on a truck. I know this doesn't help your frustration, just wanted to add my own experience.

Sounds like your CA dropped the ball on being informed and informing you of your car's whereabouts and delivery status. Unacceptable and another

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: Corvette
Thanks

Hello Mycabrandz thank you for your thoughts......just very frustrating and not what a company like this should be doing to their customers.........it is just not that hard to organize a better system to accomodate pre sold vehicles
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Hate to hear of your experience BUT most BMW owners will tell you, Ultimate Driving Machine - Yes / Ultimate Customer Service - Meh hit or miss! Until this purchase, mostly miss.

Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
M Sport Package
Premium Sound Package
Value Package
Sport Package
Side and Top View Cameras
Smartphone Integration

Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
a. It sucks that your car wasn't properly detailed. I would've complained right there to whoever is in charge. (Just came back from my 2nd ED and car looked great, just like the 1st time).

2. How do you know that the car cleared customs? If I were you I'd call BMW ED (or your ca) to find out why is the car being delayed. Mine was delayed because I scracthed the car while in Europe and the VPC was fixing it. They will return the car to factory condition before they release it from the VPC so if you even scratched a rim, they'll replace that and that may take some extra time.

3. If your dealer has no clue, then call the BMW ED number (it is somewhere in the paperwork, or on the ED forum) they will explain what's oging on...

Trust me I feel your pain, I had to wait 12 weeks for redelivery (and I'm on the east coast) but you'll forget all about that and start enjoying the car as soon as you get it.

Btw, pay a visit to the ED forum, lost of info on what you can do/expect...I found it very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beevee View Post
What can I say other than to hope none of you experience the worst kind of Euro delivery and unnecessary VDC delays that I have encountered. When picking our car up at the Welt the car was presented to us with wax swirl marks and streaks. All the other cars looked well detailed but ours. I kid you not. Then our car arrives at the VDC on the 27th and clears customs on the 1st and guess what? All that talk about sold cars and euro delivery cars taking a priority for trucking to the dealers is just that......TALK......the car is still at the VDC on the 12th......they have our money and are sending several trucks a week of stock cars to the dealer I bought the car from.......that's what I call real customer service! I am glad everyone else is happy with their experience but I am not impressed......ultimate driving machine or not! I can only blame North American BMW for this as it is very obvious they do not have a handle on the VDC, when in fact they should.....my dealer has no clue where the car is. Other than to say it has not been released yet, but wait, 2 days ago they told me it would be here on Thursday? What was that all about? Honestly I am sorry at this point for buying the Ultimate Driving Machine....because it is certainly not the Ultimate car company from a customer service point of view......!!!!!!!