Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 PM

Mein Auto: F25
I think 6NF and 6NR are part of the technology package and BMW apps options, right? If so, I'm not willing to pay for those (3200 and 250, respectively). My order has 6NL on it, which should give me everything I was missing.

Last edited by jakedor; 10-15-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedor View Post
I think 6NF and 6NR are part of the technology package and BMW apps options, right? If so, I'm not willing to pay for those (3200 and 250, respectively). My order has 6NL on it, which should give me everything I was missing.
I am not sure what package they may be included in, but if they are not available as standalone options, and are only part of a $3k plus package, I would understand not adding them.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 04-21-2013, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
I just took over an F30 lease and it seems i have the 6NH as i am unable to stream audio via BT. From reading some of the posts above i see there is a way to convert it via coding to be able to stream audio via BT. is someone able to assist with this?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswahili View Post
I just took over an F30 lease and it seems i have the 6NH as i am unable to stream audio via BT. From reading some of the posts above i see there is a way to convert it via coding to be able to stream audio via BT. is someone able to assist with this?
As I just responded to your PM, if the car has 609 Navigation Professional, then the car has a Combox, in which case you can change the coding from 6NH to 6NK to get BT Streaming. If not, you will have to look for an aftermarket solution.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto: F30 320d
I'm hijacking this thread for a related question if that is ok.

I just bought my first BMW, a 2012 320d. So far I'm very happy with it, except for one thing. According to the specification I bought the car on it should contain the 6NK. After a couple of days of trying to get music streaming over bluetooth (A2DP) to work I gave up and asked the sales rep about it.

It turns out that my car is fitted with the 6NH and they offered the Y-cable as a solution. I responded that I didn't accept that as a solution and that I wanted them to upgrade the 6NH to 6NK as it said in the specification. They asked if they could get back to me on that.

I suspect that their answer will be that it is not possible and could I just "suck it up" and accept the Y-cable. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit, maybe they'll come through, but all interaction we have had so far give me the feeling that they just want me to go away and stop bothering them.

So, what I want to know what needs to be done to upgrade 6NH to 6NK using BMW original parts?
Old 05-31-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theN View Post
I'm hijacking this thread for a related question if that is ok.

I just bought my first BMW, a 2012 320d. So far I'm very happy with it, except for one thing. According to the specification I bought the car on it should contain the 6NK. After a couple of days of trying to get music streaming over bluetooth (A2DP) to work I gave up and asked the sales rep about it.

It turns out that my car is fitted with the 6NH and they offered the Y-cable as a solution. I responded that I didn't accept that as a solution and that I wanted them to upgrade the 6NH to 6NK as it said in the specification. They asked if they could get back to me on that.

I suspect that their answer will be that it is not possible and could I just "suck it up" and accept the Y-cable. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit, maybe they'll come through, but all interaction we have had so far give me the feeling that they just want me to go away and stop bothering them.

So, what I want to know what needs to be done to upgrade 6NH to 6NK using BMW original parts?
You would need to retrofit Combox Media. That said, your car may actually have it already if you have 609 Nav Pro, in which case you can simply change 6NH to 6NK in the Vehicle Order, and then encode the Combox and Head Unit..

Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: F30 320d
Quote:
You would need to retrofit Combox Media. That said, your car may actually have it already if you have 609 Nav Pro, in which case you can simply change 6NH to 6NK in the Vehicle Order, and then encode the Combox and Head Unit..
Thanks for the quick answer. Things obviously move fast at Bimmerfest.

Sadly, I do not have the Nav Pro. If I had I would have the large screen, right?

So, they would need to install the Combox Media. Is that something that they can just add, or do they need to replace something?

From a quick internet search, it looks like the Combox would be installed in the trunk. Here's a picture of my car. Unfortunately no Combox.

Will they need to run a lot of cables in the car or is everything already prepared for this? Is maybe the two white connectors in the picture where you would plug it in?

Presumably this Combox Media has a number or something to avoid misunderstandings, would you happen to know it?

Edit:
Not sure why my picture turned up side down.

Here's another one:

Last edited by theN; 05-31-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theN View Post
Thanks for the quick answer. Things obviously move fast at Bimmerfest.

Sadly, I do not have the Nav Pro. If I had I would have the large screen, right?

So, they would need to install the Combox Media. Is that something that they can just add, or do they need to replace something?

From a quick internet search, it looks like the Combox would be installed in the trunk. Here's a picture of my car. Unfortunately no Combox.

Will they need to run a lot of cables in the car or is everything already prepared for this? Is maybe the two white connectors in the picture where you would plug it in?

Presumably this Combox Media has a number or something to avoid misunderstandings, would you happen to know it?
It all depends on what equipment the car starts with. On older cars with a dedicated MULF Module, the Combox Media would physically replace it. On newer cars with 6NH, I think the MULF functions are built into the basic Head Unit, so the Combox would not replace any module, rather it would augment the Head Unit. The Combox will have to be connected to Power, Most Bus, Bluetooth Antenna, GSM Antenna, and 6FL USB Port.

You should talk to Bimmer-Tech about what exactly is involved and what your options are, as without 609 Nav, I think you can get some, but not all features of the Combox:

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...a-pnp-retrofit

Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: Rx7 Twin Turbo
Question 6NK Streaming Bluetooth A2DP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
As I wrote above:

"I would change my VO from 6NH to 6NK, and Code HU_CIC, and CMB_MEDIA assuming it too exists in your SVT"

In this case, you VO Code HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA, which is the same process as FDL Coding, except you highlight the ECU itself, not the underlying CAFD entry, right-click on it, and select CODE (NOT FDL Code).

When you do this, it will code the entire ECU to support all options in the VO, so you do not have to manually FDL Code, each and every required parameter needed to support an option.

Has anyone figured out how to get streaming Audio (A2DP) working with 6NF? I have an 2011 550 made July 2010 with 6NF. I have used E-sys to VO code 6NH & 6NK (Separately of course) but I have been unable to get it to work.
I enabled (meaning changed from 0 to 1) in HU_CIC:
CDMM_BLUETOOTH_AUDIO
A2DP_PROFILE

Once I did that, it shows an additional multimedia device for Blue tooth audio, however it says not enabled.

If I code: FUNCTIONALITY_VIEWER
It enables the bluetooth audio menu which wasn't there before. The problem is once I do that, my phone pairing stops working (in 6NF, 6NH, 6HK) - "Unable to connect to a previously paired phone. If phone is not detected, please activate or pair another phone"
Even with this message, the phone functionality via bluetooth continues to work
My phone is an HTC Sensation XE running Ice Cream sandwich and it does support A2DP streaming

***** Is there anywhere else to make changes to get it to work or is it just not possible with my system? *****

The one bit of good news is that previously I could only charge via USB in the center console but once I enabled: AUDIO_PLAYER_ON_OFF I was able to access my phone's internal storage and stream music from there - At least that is pretty cool, even if I cannot get Pandora streaming.

Last edited by jfandl; 06-19-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Made a mistake
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandl View Post
Has anyone figured out how to get streaming Audio (A2DP) working with 6NK? I have an 2011 550 made July 2010 with 6NK. I have used E-sys to VO code 6NH & 6NK (Separately of course) but I have been unable to get it to work.
I enabled (meaning changed from 0 to 1) in HU_CIC:
CDMM_BLUETOOTH_AUDIO
A2DP_PROFILE

Once I did that, it shows an additional multimedia device for Blue tooth audio, however it says not enabled.

If I code: FUNCTIONALITY_VIEWER
It enables the bluetooth audio menu which wasn't there before. The problem is once I do that, my phone pairing stops working (in 6NF, 6NH, 6HK) - "Unable to connect to a previously paired phone. If phone is not detected, please activate or pair another phone"
Even with this message, the phone functionality via bluetooth continues to work
My phone is an HTC Sensation XE running Ice Cream sandwich and it does support A2DP streaming

***** Is there anywhere else to make changes to get it to work or is it just not possible with my system? *****

The one bit of good news is that previously I could only charge via USB in the center console but once I enabled: AUDIO_PLAYER_ON_OFF I was able to access my phone's internal storage and stream music from there - At least that is pretty cool, even if I cannot get Pandora streaming.
If you have factory 6NK as you wrote, there is nothing to code, as that includes A2DP.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Sorry, water on the brain.... I have factory 6NF, not 6NK.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Sorry, water on the brain.... I have factory 6NF, not 6NK.
Ok, so you have factory Base Plate. What is your factory Bluetooth Option though, and do you have 6VC Combox? If you have Combox on your 07/10 build, it would have to have been retrofitted.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 06-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:17 AM

I don't believe I have a combox as I did not see the CMB_Media as one of the ECU's on the car using e-sys.

Note sure about how to tell what bluetooth options were installed but here is the options that the car came with, does that explain it?

Code ***128;Description (interface) ***128;Description (EPC)
S223A ***128;ELEKTRONISCHE DAEMPFER CONTROL(EDC) ***128;Electronic Damper Control (EDC)
S229A ***128;DYNAMIC DRIVE ***128;Dynamic Drive
S255A ***128;SPORT-LEDERLENKRAD ***128;Sports leather steering wheel
S258A ***128;BEREIFUNG MIT NOTLAUFEIGENSCHAFTEN ***128;Tire with run-flat functionality
S2TBA ***128;SPORT-AUTOMATIK GETRIEBE ***128;Sport automatic transmission
S2VAA ***128;ADAPTIVE DRIVE ***128;Chassis & suspens. setup"Adaptive Drive"
S2VBA ***128;REIFENDRUCKANZEIGE ***128;Tire pressure display
S2WCA ***128;LM RAEDER W-SPEICHE 332/MB ***128;BMW LA wheel, W Spoke 332
S316A ***128;AUTOMATISCHE HECKKLAPPENBETAETIGUNG ***128;automatic trunk lid mechanism
S319A ***128;INTEGRIERTE UNIVERSAL-FERNBEDIENUNG ***128;Integrated universal remote control
S322A ***128;KOMFORTZUGANG ***128;Comfort access
S323A ***128;SOFT-CLOSE-AUTOMATIK FUER TUEREN ***128;Soft-Close-Automatic doors
S3AGA ***128;RUECKFAHRKAMERA ***128;Reversing camera
S415A ***128;SONNENSCHUTZROLLO FUER HECKSCHEIBE ***128;Sun-blind, rear
S416A ***128;SONNENSCHUTZROLLOS ***128;Roller sun vizor, rear lateral
S423A ***128;FUSSMATTEN IN VELOURS ***128;Floor mats, velours
S430A ***128;INNEN-/AUSSENSPIEGEL AUT.ABBLENDEND ***128;Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
S431A ***128;INNENSPIEGEL,AUTOMATISCH ABBLENDEND ***128;Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S456A ***128;KOMFORTSITZE ELEKTRISCH VERSTELLBAR ***128;Comfort seat with memory
S488A ***128;LORDOSENSTUETZE FAHRER/BEIFAHRER ***128;Lumbar support, driver and passenger
S494A ***128;SITZHEIZUNG FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER ***128;Seat heating driver/passenger
S4CEA ***128;EDELHOLZAUSF.FINELINE ANTHRAZIT ***128;Fine woodgrain vers., Fineline anthrac.
S508A ***128;PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) ***128;Park Distance Control (PDC)
S522A ***128;XENON-LICHT ***128;Xenon Light
S524A ***128;ADAPTIVES KURVENLICHT ***128;Adaptive Headlights
S609A ***128;NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL ***128;Navigation system Professional
S610A ***128;HEAD-UP DISPLAY ***128;Head-up display
S615A ***128;ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION ***128;Expanded BMW Online Information
S620A ***128;SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM ***128;Voice control
S639A ***128;KOMPLETTVORB. HANDY USA/CDN ***128;Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN
S655A ***128;SATELLITENTUNER ***128;Satellite tuner
S677A ***128;HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL ***128;HiFi System Professional DSP
S697A ***128;AREA-CODE 1 ***128;Area-Code 1 for DVD
S6AAA ***128;BMW TELESERVICES ***128;BMW TeleServices
S6ABA ***128;STEUERUNG TELESERVICES ***128;Control for Teleservices
S6FLA ***128;USB-AUDIO-SCHNITTSTELLE ***128;USB/Audio interface
S6NFA ***128;MUSIC-SCHNITTSTELLE FUER SMARTPHONE ***128;Music interface for Smartphone
S6UHA ***128;TRAFFIC INFORMATION ***128;Traffic Information
S760A ***128;INDIVIDUAL HOCHGLANZ SHADOW LINE ***128;High gloss shadow line
S775A ***128;INDIVIDUAL DACHHIMMEL ANTHRAZIT ***128;Headlining anthracite
S840A ***128;HOCHGESCHWINDIGKEITSABSTIMMUNG ***128;High speed synchronisation
S880A ***128;ENGLISCH / BORDLITERATUR ***128;On-board vehicle literature English
S8KCA ***128;OELWARTUNGSINT. 24.000KM/24MONATE ***128;Dummy-SALAPA
S8S4A ***128;DECODIERUNG VARIABLE LICHTVERTEILUN ***128;Decoding variable light distribution
S8SCA ***128;LAENDERSPEZ. TELESERVICEFREISCH. ***128;Telematics access request,country-spec.
S925A ***128;VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET ***128;Transport protection package
Old 06-19-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I don't believe I have a combox as I did not see the CMB_Media as one of the ECU's on the car using e-sys.

Note sure about how to tell what bluetooth options were installed but here is the options that the car came with, does that explain it?
S639A ***128;KOMPLETTVORB. HANDY USA/CDN ***128;Preparation f mobile phone cpl.
So, your Bluetooth Option is 639, which is fine.

Your problem though is you do not have 6VC Combox, rather you have the older MULF Module, and the MULF does not support A2DP Bluetooth Transport Protocol, so it will not stream audio.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 AM

Mein Auto: F34
Hi Shawn, I have just ordered a F34 that will be delivered with 6NH and 663 (prof Radio) [and 6FL].

My plan is to code 6NH into 6NS and retrofit with 609 NBT.

Reading this thread makes me understand the F34 may not have a combox in the trunk but 6NH is integrated in the 663.

Does it imply 663 has a built-in combox as well? In any case, retrofitted 609 NBT will have a built-in combox.

Do I have to remove the combox in the trunk in case it is there, when I retrofit 609?

I think there is no more TCU / MULF on 2014 F34 but all already replaced by combox. Is this the case?

Is this 6NH->6NS coding possible with a retrofitted 609? any hardware difference between 6NH and 6NS?

will the coding unlock functions such as audio streaming, album art, office, Internet etc...?

thanks for your help in advance.

p.s. why didn't I order 6NS and 609 at first place to save all the hassles? because our ridiculous tax systems makes options 6NS USD1,400 and 609 USD8,000 .... :-(
Old 07-23-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izen View Post
Hi Shawn, I have just ordered a F34 that will be delivered with 6NH and 663 (prof Radio) [and 6FL].

My plan is to code 6NH into 6NS and retrofit with 609 NBT.

Reading this thread makes me understand the F34 may not have a combox in the trunk but 6NH is integrated in the 663.

Does it imply 663 has a built-in combox as well? In any case, retrofitted 609 NBT will have a built-in combox.

Do I have to remove the combox in the trunk in case it is there, when I retrofit 609?

I think there is no more TCU / MULF on 2014 F34 but all already replaced by combox. Is this the case?

Is this 6NH->6NS coding possible with a retrofitted 609? any hardware difference between 6NH and 6NS?

will the coding unlock functions such as audio streaming, album art, office, Internet etc...?

thanks for your help in advance.

p.s. why didn't I order 6NS and 609 at first place to save all the hassles? because our ridiculous tax systems makes options 6NS USD1,400 and 609 USD8,000 .... :-(
I do not think 663 has integrated Combox, only that it has integrated Bluetooth.

If you retrofit 609 with NBT (not CIC), you would have to remove standalone Combox in the trunk if it exists.

There is no TCU/MULF on F34.

If you retrofit 609 with NBT (not CIC), you should be able to change 6NH to 6NS, since the Combox is integrated, and that would also include the capability of BT Audio Streaming, Album Art, and Office functionality.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:54 AM

Mein Auto: F34
Question

Quote:
I do not think 663 has integrated Combox, only that it has integrated Bluetooth.

If you retrofit 609 with NBT (not CIC), you would have to remove standalone Combox in the trunk if it exists.

There is no TCU/MULF on F34.

If you retrofit 609 with NBT (not CIC), you should be able to change 6NH to 6NS, since the Combox is integrated, and that would also include the capability of BT Audio Streaming, Album Art, and Office functionality.
Thanks Shawn. I could only get hold on the info of professional CD for E9x, but made in 2013. The photo shows it comes equipped with an integrated combox.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...&_u=omd3s6f3ba

That makes me believe 663 in the 2013 made to-be-delivered F34 would also come equipped with an integrated combox. BTW, I do not think CIC but NBT can be retrofitted on F34.

That probably would also leave nothing more than, maybe fuse box, in the trunk of F34. Everything is integrated in the HU, given it 663, 606 or 609.

Just read that 6NR would support Android from July 2013, http://wot.motortrend.com/idrive-tou...#axzz2Zx5ljCEW can 6NR be coded or does it still require a FSC? [I was not not thinking on 6NR at all as it used NOT to support Android]

Maybe a bit side track from this thread, 609 retrofit would require a GPS antenna. It can certainly just be laid inside A pillar for convenience. For better reception, roof shark fin antenna should be used.

Is F3x shark fin equipped as a standard with GPS antenna and with wire already laid towards rear window, regardless the there is an navigation option or not upon ordering?

The shark fin is an universal antenna which may have more than 1 connector, i.e. more than 1 source of signal. [I have seen a model with 2 connectors and another with 4 connectors] Any idea what the standard is for F3x shark fin? Which signals does it take? Mobile GSM/3G/LTE, FM, Sat Radio, GPS, DAB, TV, Bluetooth and / or maybe Wifi? any forum to ask this question?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izen View Post
Thanks Shawn. I could only get hold on the info of professional CD for E9x, but made in 2013. The photo shows it comes equipped with an integrated combox.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...&_u=omd3s6f3ba

That makes me believe 663 in the 2013 made to-be-delivered F34 would also come equipped with an integrated combox. BTW, I do not think CIC but NBT can be retrofitted on F34.

That probably would also leave nothing more than, maybe fuse box, in the trunk of F34. Everything is integrated in the HU, given it 663, 606 or 609.

Just read that 6NR would support Android from July 2013, http://wot.motortrend.com/idrive-tou...#axzz2Zx5ljCEW can 6NR be coded or does it still require a FSC? [I was not not thinking on 6NR at all as it used NOT to support Android]

Maybe a bit side track from this thread, 609 retrofit would require a GPS antenna. It can certainly just be laid inside A pillar for convenience. For better reception, roof shark fin antenna should be used.

Is F3x shark fin equipped as a standard with GPS antenna and with wire already laid towards rear window, regardless the there is an navigation option or not upon ordering?

The shark fin is an universal antenna which may have more than 1 connector, i.e. more than 1 source of signal. [I have seen a model with 2 connectors and another with 4 connectors] Any idea what the standard is for F3x shark fin? Which signals does it take? Mobile GSM/3G/LTE, FM, Sat Radio, GPS, DAB, TV, Bluetooth and / or maybe Wifi? any forum to ask this question?
For 6NR BMW Apps, you will need to buy, import, and activate a 9C FSC Code.

I don't know about the Shark Fin and GPS Antenna.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 550i M 2011
Quote:
You have 6NH, which as sold, does not support Bluetooth Profile A2DP - Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (Bluetooth Streaming Audio). By the book, you need 6NK or 6NL:

Option Code: 6NH - Handsfree with USB interface

This Bluetooth option is standard in some regions like North-America, UK and the Netherlands.

Support for Bluetooth HSP (Headset Profile)
Support for Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Network) (or is it DUN?)
Support for Bluetooth PBA for addressbook sharing with supported devices
Up to 4 devices can be paired, but only one device can be active.
Includes a USB port in the center armrest

Option Code: 6NK - GSM preperation with USB and Bluetooth connectivity

Features in addition to Basic Handsfree;

Support for Bluetooth A2DP Profile support for Audio streaming over Bluetooth
Support for Bluetooth MAP Profile support for SMS support for supported devices
2 active bluetooth devices simultaneous
Support for Apple Album Flow (USB connected)
Support for a optional device cradle in the armrest
Voice Control
This Bluetooth option supports two active devices similtanious. If both devices are phones, incomming calls from either active device will come through, but outgoing calls will be on the primary device. Primary and Secondary can be switched around to make outgoing calls on the secondary device. Alternatively one device could be a phone and the other a dedicated audio player, streaming music.

Option Code: 6NL - BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB

This is the same a Option 6NK, but adds support for BMW Assist.

That said, I believe you can enable A2DP on your 6NH. I would change my VO from 6NH to 6NK, and Code HU_CIC, and CMB_MEDIA assuming it too exists in your SVT.
HI Shawn,

my friends car is a F30 328i 2013 and has 6VA, 6NH and 609. Looking at BMW explanations, it does not seem that 6NK is a supported option anymore, do you think I can code 6NL instead using the same procedure? Or should I try 6NK anyway? Any othert member had tried that?

We are interested in:
1- using the apple iPhone cable and not the BMW Y-cable
2- enable A2DP
3- view album info and picture

BMW litterature:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=660946

Thanks,

Guy
223,229,248,258,2ND,2TB,2VA,316,319,322,337,3AG,41 5,416,430,431,453,455,456,465,488,494,496,4CE,4NB, 502,508,522,524,5AD,5AG,5DL,5DP,609,610,620,639,65 5,677,6AA,6AB,6FL,6NF,6NR,6UK,6VC,6WA,710,715,754, 760,775,838,840,8KC,823

Extras: Escort 9500ci & Meistershaft GTC Exhaust

Other:
BMW R1150RT 2005 LE, night black

Retired:
BMW e60 545i 2005 m-sport 6mt
BMW e39 540i 2000 6mt
BMW R1100RT 2000

Last edited by tim330i; 09-12-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgcyr View Post
HI Shawn,

my friends car is a F30 328i 2013 and has 6VA, 6NH and 609. Looking at BMW explanations, it does not seem that 6NK is a supported option anymore, do you think I can code 6NL instead using the same procedure? Or should I try 6NK anyway? Any othert member had tried that?

We are interested in:
1- using the apple iPhone cable and not the BMW Y-cable
2- enable A2DP
3- view album info and picture

BMW litterature:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=660946

Thanks,

Guy
6NL is identical to 6NK, except it includes Telematics (BMW Assist). In his case, coming from 6NH, which means he has no BMW Assist, use 6NK instead of 6NL.

Last edited by tim330i; 09-12-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM

Mein Auto: 550
Quote:
So, your Bluetooth Option is 639, which is fine.

Your problem though is you do not have 6VC Combox, rather you have the older MULF Module, and the MULF does not support A2DP Bluetooth Transport Protocol, so it will not stream audio.
Shawn: How can you tell that it does not have Combox? I thought that I kept reading that if you have 609 Professional Nav that Combox is included? (I have a 2/10 F07 build that is almost identical to jfandl's except that I do not have 6NF, just 639, 6FL and 615 )

thx
Sean
Old 10-09-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueshot View Post
Shawn: How can you tell that it does not have Combox? I thought that I kept reading that if you have 609 Professional Nav that Combox is included? (I have a 2/10 F07 build that is almost identical to jfandl's except that I do not have 6NF, just 639, 6FL and 615 )

thx
Sean
For F10, they switched over to Combox in 09/2010 production. For F07, I am not sure when exactly they switched over.

Anyway, check your VIN at bmwvin.com, and if you have Option Code 6VC, then you have a Combox.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto: F11 530d xDrive -12
I have been trying to find some information but haven't found anything so here is my problem: One dude called me and asked for help. He had retrofitted CIC to his F25 which had originally professional radio. He did not install combox. Now he does not have bluetooth anymore. Does the CIC have any kind of build in bluetooth capabilities or is the combox needed? He does not need A2DP, handsfree is enough for him. And one off topic question: CIC has can-filter/emulator for FSC-codes, can I FDL- or VO-code the unit with original vo which has car's VIN? Or should I use donor's vin in VO?
Old 02-11-2014, 08:33 PM

As far as I know, CIC requires either MULF or the newer Combox for Bluetooth.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: F11 530d xDrive -12
Quote:
As far as I know, CIC requires either MULF or the newer Combox for Bluetooth.
Thanks, that's what I thought. There were no mentions about bluetooth in ista cic-documents.

Ps. How about coding the hu?