Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 AM

Mein Auto: X5
In Transit to Port of Exit

I dropped my European Delivery 328 M-Sport off in Frankfurt on September 27th. At the time the lady at the drop off center said it would be trucked the next day to Bremerhaven. Great, it should make the ship on the 2nd or 9th of October, I thought.

16 days later the status on the automated line is still "In Transit to Port of Exit". I can't find any evidence on Wallenius Wilhelmsen's website that it is in transit.

Should I be concerned? 16 days on I didn't expect it to still be in a status of "on it's way to the port". Has anyone ever experienced this or is currently in the same boat? Does is normally stay into this status until it is actually loaded on a ship? Is it possible that it has shipped and the status update is just slow?

Thanks for any advise.
Ads by Google
Old 10-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Same exact thing with me in Frankfurt. Was told was being picked up the next day. Dropped the 10th, didn't leave port until 16 days later. Missed 6 boats before getting on mine. (Athens Hwy, Toronto, Topeka, Florida Hwy, Courage, & Carmen)

It unloads in Brunswick on Monday finally, but in all reality it was only 5 weeks from drop off to US soil. In a perfect world, it could be 3.

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926
Old 10-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Series View Post
I dropped my European Delivery 328 M-Sport off in Frankfurt on September 27th. At the time the lady at the drop off center said it would be trucked the next day to Bremerhaven. Great, it should make the ship on the 2nd or 9th of October, I thought.

16 days later the status on the automated line is still "In Transit to Port of Exit". I can't find any evidence on Wallenius Wilhelmsen's website that it is in transit.

Should I be concerned? 16 days on I didn't expect it to still be in a status of "on it's way to the port". Has anyone ever experienced this or is currently in the same boat? Does is normally stay into this status until it is actually loaded on a ship? Is it possible that it has shipped and the status update is just slow?

Thanks for any advise.
Call the ED department and have them tell you what vessel the car is on/scheduled on. WW isn't the only shipper BMW uses. The automated line is notorious for inaccurate or untimely information. Lots of variables once you drop your car off

dk

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles
Old 10-13-2012, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
We dropped ours off late PM 19 Sep in Vienna. Sailed from Bremerhaven 30 Sep in M/V Figaro, ETA Port Hueneme 31 Oct. This is about what we experienced last time.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Dropped off in Paris on the 1st...Lady said that I'd be trucked next Monday...Emailed them on Monday and got an email back that car would leave 'this week' (so Monday may be tuesday or Friday...it's France oh la la)...Emailed BLG and they didn't provide much more info either. There are two ships next week... Turandot on the 17th and Courage on the 19th. Hope my car makes it into one of those...Sounds like your 328 will be in one of those too.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer View Post
Dropped off in Paris on the 1st...Lady said that I'd be trucked next Monday...Emailed them on Monday and got an email back that car would leave 'this week' (so Monday may be tuesday or Friday...it's France oh la la)...Emailed BLG and they didn't provide much more info either. There are two ships next week... Turandot on the 17th and Courage on the 19th. Hope my car makes it into one of those...Sounds like your 328 will be in one of those too.
I dropped off two days after you and asked specifically about when a truck was going to be there and got the runaround of No car ever stays here longer than 7 days. Well all I know is there is a boat leaving the 21st for California and that gives them 18 days to get it to Germany. It sure as heck better be on it. lol.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Vert
I am in the same boat, no pun intended. I dropped off in Munich on September 27th, thinking that the car would get loaded sometime in the next week or two. Instead, my car is STILL in Germany, scheduled to leave on the 17th on the Turindot. If it is almost three weeks just to leave the country, I shudder to think how long it is going to take to get here to the dealer. To add insult to injury, it doesn't get to Georgia until the 5th, almost three weeks from leaving Germany. That is pretty slow steaming time across the Atlantic. So, that's almost six weeks until the car gets to the States from dropoff. Then there is the customs, VPC and trucking to OKC. Hopefully I will see my car before Thanksgiving. Lots of time to study the owners manual.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:41 AM

Mein Auto: 03 M5; 97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
I am in the same boat, no pun intended. I dropped off in Munich on September 27th, thinking that the car would get loaded sometime in the next week or two. Instead, my car is STILL in Germany, scheduled to leave on the 17th on the Turindot. If it is almost three weeks just to leave the country, I shudder to think how long it is going to take to get here to the dealer. To add insult to injury, it doesn't get to Georgia until the 5th, almost three weeks from leaving Germany. That is pretty slow steaming time across the Atlantic. So, that's almost six weeks until the car gets to the States from dropoff. Then there is the customs, VPC and trucking to OKC. Hopefully I will see my car before Thanksgiving. Lots of time to study the owners manual.
If the ship does like mine did, the three weeks to cross the Atlantic is because it is making three stops in Europe and UK before crossing, then stops in Canada and NY before hitting Georgia. It's not a straight trip.
Good luck with the wait, that seems to be the hard part now.

"Control, Vision, Determination" These are the three fundamental components of the new generation race car driver!! SPEED is a by-product! -Memphis Raines
Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 AM

Mein Auto: '13 328i
My guess is that, in order to ensure the quickest transport from drop-off to ship, one needs to drop off the car in Bremerhaven. Otherwise, from what I've read, there is a 2-3 week transit period between drop-off and ship regardless of where that drop-off took place. I don't recall reading about any ED with a Bremerhaven drop-off. I wonder how much quicker the car would get on the ship if dropped off in Bremerhaven.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Aviator

Mein Auto: BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukja View Post
My guess is that, in order to ensure the quickest transport from drop-off to ship, one needs to drop off the car in Bremerhaven. Otherwise, from what I've read, there is a 2-3 week transit period between drop-off and ship regardless of where that drop-off took place. I don't recall reading about any ED with a Bremerhaven drop-off. I wonder how much quicker the car would get on the ship if dropped off in Bremerhaven.
In general, Munich and Bremerhaven are the quickest. I've been loaded 4 days from Munich drop off but that was unusually quick

dk

...and a bunch of old English motorcycles
Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 325i
Mine was loaded 9 days after drop off in Munich.

8/31/2012 ED - 2013 BMW 335i Sedan Estoril Blue II M Sport 6MT ZDH ZTP
2003 BMW 325i Mystic Blue Premium Cold Weather 5MT
BMWCCA# 461546