Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 530i
Question Long time reader first time posting-E39

Hello to All , I'll post the pix later I'm 60 and still learning! I have purchased a 2001 (late nov '00 production 530i with the GM sportmatic auto (which is probably one of the problems)I replaced the "black cherry" colored tranny fluid in the summer of '11 with redline ATF) So many reccomendations ,but, it seemed ,that ,most of you highly favored redline and the AMSoil tranny fluids. My BMr wasn't having any problems , tranny wise, at the time ,but, by the fall would occasionally throw the default code and go into "limp mode" The previous owner said the car was in G8T conditon ( didn't believe him ,but,.. the price was right $5,000.00) I would pull-over put it into park, shut -of the engine wait till the system sat for a couple of min then restart it no problem after a while it took longer ,then, it always defaulted ,. it is a Beautiful dark blue semimetalic ,Oriental Blue? with the gray interior. The car shifted very well in both auto and autosick modes. since then I have replaced the oilpan;had a JB welded crack which I didn't catch, upper and lower worn steering /suspension rods, both cam sensors, passenger window motor able use OEM parts at a very reasonable prices. I found on youtube how to replace the broken adjusters xenon headlights and the felt on the windshield posts Ay way the e39 in auto mode defaults in the auto mode in 3rd and goes into limp so I put it in auto stick it always latently shifts into 3rd ,.read in the forums that it might be a worn valvebody and or springs / solenoids ( it has 155k miles on it) So, I sent it to "sunbelt valve bodies/ transmission ,who found all the springs,solenoids were broken and or bad or on the way they rebuilt and tested it... it runs much,much better ,but, still hangs -up on the third gear They have a bmw trained mech on staff and I was asked to get the tranny diagnosed by the dealer or have AMCO do a free check on it to find the problem,=,. I went to the Dealer - BMW of Riverside,CA and had it put on the machine and was shown that the Turbochager was not responding ( What the****) I know what a tubo looks like and the car does not have one! ( lucky it was only $75.00 ; crooks) anyone out their have any simular problems/solutions advice? sorry for the BOOK! Best: Fletch51

Last edited by fletch51; 10-16-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: grammer/spelling
Ads by Google