Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 AM

Mein Auto: Rental
ED Question

I am picking up my MSport a week from Monday in Munich. We got the info pack for the ED and there wasn't much in there about the whole process. What is included during that pick-up morning and was there anything you would add? For arrival that morning, I assume we need to take a cab there and they don't provide transportation?
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2012, 02:43 AM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Dude, you really need to go to the ED forum and start reading. There is a ton of information here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...opean_Delivery

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926
Old 10-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 535i Sports Wagon
You need to get yourself to BMW Welt. You'll be assigned a pickup time; you need to get there before then to sign paperwork. During the wait, you'll be in a very nice lounge with free appetizers, drinks, and WiFi.

When the time comes, your advisor comes by, you walk down the stairs, and he takes you to your car (which is now twirling:

After you've Oohed and Aahed (and he's stopped the twirling), he spends half an hour explaining the car to you and answering questions. You then drive out of the building by taking a parade lap:

You really should visit the ED forum. It explains the process in great detail and people list places to go and hotels to stay at while touring Europe. As you'll see from the forum, people have a great time with ED. You'll be talking about the experience for a long time.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages

Last edited by gcreese; 10-13-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info. Did any of you take the factory tour? If I am interested in doing that can I just tell them when we arrive and pay then or do we have to let them know in advance?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterwm View Post
Thanks for the info. Did any of you take the factory tour? If I am interested in doing that can I just tell them when we arrive and pay then or do we have to let them know in advance?
Dude... go to the ED forum, please.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by technic View Post
dude... Go to the ed forum, please.
+1
Old 10-13-2012, 08:27 PM

Mein Auto: F30335XDRIVE
ButterWM,

No problem.
I can help as much as I can since I just came back.
You only need to bring your passport on the delivery day at the BMW Welt.
By now you should have gotten email from BMW Euro Delivery stating that they're expecting you on so so time/date.

From the email, you need to email them when / where you are going to drop off the car.
An email confirmation from them is necessary.

Also, if you want to do the plant tour and the museum visit, you should have emailed them and reserve a spot.
English tour is at 11:30am lasting approx 2 hours.
Everything is free as you're their special guest for that day.

At the delivery check in, they will give you a package containing all required German documents for your vehicle to drive while in Europe.
The documents are required when you drop off your car.

If you're staying in Munich, you can also ask for free parking passes at the underground parking garage at the BWM Welt.
It's safe and clean.
Dont forget to get your free keychain at the gift shop and have your name engraved on it at the gift shop.
Take your time and enjoy the delivery day as it goes by fast.

Your passport is the most important document so keep it with you at all time and dont lose it.
Your passport is required at the dropoff.

Good luck and have fun. It's first class all the way at the BMW Welt.

Last edited by kqf30; 10-13-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328i
^^ Wish you hadn't done that. This question belongs in the ED forum. By answering it you are now keeping this discussion here and depriving the ED forum of information that belongs there.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
I want to do ED in the spring but I have no plan to spend the day at the Welt, I wanna get outta there as soon as possible and start touring!

To the OP....why do ED if you weren't going to take the time to read up on it and have the entire trip planned out? I figured people who do ED are so excited about the trip that they get all the details hammered out ASAP....
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 PM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
From my Trip Report. I recommend doing the Factor Tour and the BMW Museum the day before. Sign the paperwork at the Welt at the same time and enjoy the premium lounge for breakfast or lunch.

Once the paperwork is signed, you will receive a plastic credit card. If there are two of you, you will each receive a card. On your card, there will be an orange dot. Take the card with the dot to the gift shop. The dot signifies that you are entitled to a special key chain and engraving of up to 7-8 characters. They will also give you a 10 euro credit to use in the gift shop.

On each card is printed your factory tour time, this gains you access to the tour. (They emailed us with our delivery date and time, we emailed them back and asked for the factory tour to be on the day before.) You'll probably meet several other festers on ED as this is the only English tour of the day.

You also use the card to swipe the entry turnstile at the Museum to gain you free access to the Museum tour. The entry turnstile is not at the entry door, it's to the left of the main lobby where tickets are sold.

On delivery day, go enjoy the premium lounge for breakfast, meet more festers, take delivery and then head on out.

FYI: To get to the Welt on delivery day, we took the the Greyline Hop-on/Hop-off tour bus which departed at the Department store across from the train station at 9:00 am. It arrived at the Welt, a little before 11:00 am and we saw the sites with a guided tour at the same time. (The day before, we took the subway to the Welt. When you exit the subway and go to the surface, the Welt is right in front of you.)

Enjoy the experience, it's a blast.

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals

Last edited by 640GC; 10-14-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
OP should read WIKI and at list few trip reports.
I'm not try to bush anyone who ask question, but in this age of information he should done at list his home work.

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT

Last edited by MB330; 10-15-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the info. As far as the planning, my situation is a little different as I am already living in Germany. I ordered a BMW and the delivery date happen to align with a week off work I had. Everyone said picking it up from the factory is a once in a lifetime experience so I thought I would give it a shot. The other posts and details are from folks picking up and then taking it to a port, I will not be doing that. I will show up with permanent tags the vehicle already insured so hopefully it will make things easier.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterwm View Post
Thanks for the info. As far as the planning, my situation is a little different as I am already living in Germany. I ordered a BMW and the delivery date happen to align with a week off work I had. Everyone said picking it up from the factory is a once in a lifetime experience so I thought I would give it a shot. The other posts and details are from folks picking up and then taking it to a port, I will not be doing that. I will show up with permanent tags the vehicle already insured so hopefully it will make things easier.
Ah, this changes almost everything! No real trip planning required, just show up, pick up the car, maybe do the factory tour and tour the Museum, and then drive home!

You should still thoroughly enjoy the BMW Welt experience though! If you haven't been there before, plan on spending most of the day, especially if you're going to do the factory tour and see the BMW Museum. Depending on your level of interest, it could take a couple of hours to tour the Welt alone.

Are you US military stationed there?
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 AM

Yeah, I am military. We are in the northern part of Germany. We are taking the train down to Munich this weekend and spending the weekend there with the car pickup on Monday. The pickup is in the morning and the factory tour after that. Once we're done there for the day, we're driving down to Garmisch for a couple days and heading back. Looking forward to the trip!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 128i Convertible
I expect you'll be making a stop at the rec center in Garmisch? Then dinner at Werdenfelser Hof (http://www.werdenfelser-hof.de/)? Brings back Cold War memories for many of us. Wish I could've sprung for a Bimmer back in my misguided youth. With what they paid us back then we couldn't afford a used VW beetle.
2012 BMW 128i Convertible (red)
2013 MINI Cooper Coupe (red)
2014 Ford Fusion (grey)
Old 10-15-2012, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640GC View Post
From my Trip Report. I recommend doing the Factor Tour and the BMW Museum the day before. Sign the paperwork at the Welt at the same time and enjoy the premium lounge for breakfast or lunch.

Once the paperwork is signed, you will receive a plastic credit card... On each card is printed your factory tour time, this gains you access to the tour.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the paperwork and the cards. I guess we will not make the 11:30 tour, as we are landing at 9:30... but delivery is at 17:40.
ED 2002 325ci still going - 5,914 miles to Portugal and back to Nice
ED 2001 325ci, gone - 6,163 miles meandering through Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Italy, France, Monaco, Andorra & Spain
Old 10-16-2012, 11:24 PM
(aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012

Mein Auto: BMW GC & MB SL500
butterwm, thank you for serving.

2013 F06 640i Gran Coupe Carbon Black | M Sport Package | Amaro Brown Merino Leather | Fine Line Oak Wood Trim | Driver Assistance Package | Luxury Seating Package | Bang & Olufsen | Ceramic Controls | BMW Apps | Full LED Lighting
ED Trip Report - September 2012
Post your Neuschwanstein Castle photo here
Hawaii Vacation Rentals
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 AM

You're welcome--I enjoy doing what I do!