Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:52 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius04 View Post
Last week I contacted BMWUSA twice and sent an email with link to youtube video and this thread. On the phone I was told, some one will contact within 1-3 business days and email says "Our records indicate your case has been escalated. A representative will be in touch with you shortly to further assist you."
Perfect!

PLease let them know your car is not drivable.
You feel your families safety is at risk and
Maybe someone from the corp level can meet you at the dealership
or your home to see this matter in person.

My brother is having an issue w his lexus and they just did this for him.

Good luck
Rob

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 10-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Perfect!

PLease let them know your car is not drivable.
You feel your families safety is at risk and
Maybe someone from the corp level can meet you at the dealership
or your home to see this matter in person.

My brother is having an issue w his lexus and they just did this for him.

Good luck
Rob
I'll disagree.

If you start acting silly and stupid, they will treat you as silly and stupid. The "family safety at risk" is just dumb. You play that card it gets you nowhere.

In this SINGLE case, the OP **MUST** get some BMW dealership somewhere (or the regional guy) to say "thats not right"...AFTER you get that admission, on a work order, THEN you can leverage it. Until then, he has a very hard time escalating this 'non-issue'.

IMO

A
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: 1994 525
Sick and tired

I am going to instal an LS7 out of a rolled z06, into my 1994 525. Thank You, have a nice day.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
I'll disagree.

If you start acting silly and stupid, they will treat you as silly and stupid. The "family safety at risk" is just dumb. You play that card it gets you nowhere.

In this SINGLE case, the OP **MUST** get some BMW dealership somewhere (or the regional guy) to say "thats not right"...AFTER you get that admission, on a work order, THEN you can leverage it. Until then, he has a very hard time escalating this 'non-issue'.

IMO

A
I personally would not put my family in that car with the black smoke billowing out the exhaust.(who knows what it is, it could be burning plastic) probably not good for there health!
I highly doubt that anyone at BMW or a dealership would think any less of you for thinking that as well.

This is not a common issue i would assume peoples compassion and understanding would kick in at this juncture.

OP: go with your heart

Lets hope ur case is being reviewed by some sensible folks.

GL
ROB

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994E34 View Post
I am going to instal an LS7 out of a rolled z06, into my 1994 525. Thank You, have a nice day.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
I think both of you are correct in your own way and your own personal lemon situations. The Best thing is to see what the ops up against in terms of service staff and others. The only way he's gonna get the ball rolling is to Get someone to actually concur what the op is saying is actually a problem. Without that you can tell the world that your car is unsafe, but typical dealership response is this guys is pita, how do we handle pita, we say Its normal and send them on their way. No dealership wants to have be caught in the process of a buy back, it's hassle. What ARD said, is he first thing step. Get someone to substitute your claim, without that BMWNA isn't going to send anyone on their dime(trust me they probably have hundred people call in to complain bout their vehicle, you don't see BMW sending field agents to every single complaint). Once they open an investigation, BMW will send in their arsenal of problem solvers (more like risk managers who diagnose the situation, and minimize the repair bill). This intern gets the ball rolling. That's when you begin to express you qualms to the customer relations guy, engineers whoever you wants to hear your concerns on the safety of the car.

Hope this helps

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
I think both of you are correct in your own way and your own personal lemon situations. The Best thing is to see what the ops up against in terms of service staff and others. The only way he's gonna get the ball rolling is to Get someone to actually concur what the op is saying is actually a problem. Without that you can tell the world that your car is unsafe, but typical dealership response is this guys is pita, how do we handle pita, we say Its normal and send them on their way. No dealership wants to have be caught in the process of a buy back, it's hassle. What ARD said, is he first thing step. Get someone to substitute your claim, without that BMWNA isn't going to send anyone on their dime(trust me they probably have hundred people call in to complain bout their vehicle, you don't see BMW sending field agents to every single complaint). Once they open an investigation, BMW will send in their arsenal of problem solvers (more like risk managers who diagnose the situation, and minimize the repair bill). This intern gets the ball rolling. That's when you begin to express you qualms to the customer relations guy, engineers whoever you wants to hear your concerns on the safety of the car.

Hope this helps
We are all in a hurry and I know typos can happen easily on this forum (I've contributed enough of these myself) but it does make these difficult to read so...

OP is up against
substantiate
in turn

As for the thread... Has the OP tried taking the vehicle to a emissions test facility to see if it (perhaps) fails emissions standards? That right there would give him additional foundation upon which to build a case.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)

Last edited by ndabunka; 10-15-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
We are all in a hurry and I know typos can happen easily on this forum (I've contributed enough of these myself) but it does make these difficult to read so...

OP is up against
substantiate
in turn

As for the thread... Has the OP tried taking the vehicle to a emissions test facility to see if it (perhaps) fails emissions standards? That right there would give him additional foundation upon which to build a case.

It seems I may have to retake 1st grade.

Thanks for the edits, never using the iphone again lol

BTW OP, have you gotten any updates on this issue?

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Just a quick update.

I have been contacted by BMWUSA and working on this issue resolution.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius04 View Post
Just a quick update.

I have been contacted by BMWUSA and working on this issue resolution.
Great news

Lets see if they try to say black smoke is normal from the ultimate driving machine