Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 PM
bimmerguy

Mein Auto: 2005 325 xi
I have the silver line DUO and the Sirius DC-C1. All was working great until recently the Sirius lost all my satellite station presets
Now when I reprogram the presets, They are forgotten again by the next day. This is verry inconvenient

I have latest firmware in the DUO. And I have replaced DC-C1. But same problem.

Any ideas. ???

Help
Old 12-14-2011, 08:51 AM

Mein Auto: 01' 530i
Well.

Since official dice support team can not be bothered to answer me, I'd like to ask it here:

I want to downgrade firmware, where can I get old 4085 version firmware hex file?

after firmware update 4085->5331, device got almost inoperable:
*constantly(I mean every single time) loses connection to ipod. need to shut down car, and reatach ipod every time. don't find it convenient
*it constantly loses volume gain setting, resulting to distorted sound
*menu output on MID screen is bogus. it displays menu name for fraction of second and then instantly displays CD-01 or something.
*sound got dull

while I don't think that old firmware(4085) was bug free, I definitely find this update more of a downgrade

Last edited by spamboxer; 12-14-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 AM
bimmerguy

I have posted a service ticket on Dice website - about 2 weeks ago, with no response.
I'm ready to rip this DUO thing out of the car.

My Radio won't remember my Satellite Radio presets -- dunno where the fault lies ??
I've noticed too that sound from my iPhone is distorted ... why ??
sometimes the DUO will not even recognize my Sirius DC-C1 module ??? comes up as Aux ??

time for something better !!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
european auto source

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamboxer View Post
Well.

Since official dice support team can not be bothered to answer me, I'd like to ask it here:

I want to downgrade firmware, where can I get old 4085 version firmware hex file?

after firmware update 4085->5331, device got almost inoperable:
*constantly(I mean every single time) loses connection to ipod. need to shut down car, and reatach ipod every time. don't find it convenient
*it constantly loses volume gain setting, resulting to distorted sound
*menu output on MID screen is bogus. it displays menu name for fraction of second and then instantly displays CD-01 or something.
*sound got dull

while I don't think that old firmware(4085) was bug free, I definitely find this update more of a downgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce325xi View Post
I have posted a service ticket on Dice website - about 2 weeks ago, with no response.
I'm ready to rip this DUO thing out of the car.

My Radio won't remember my Satellite Radio presets -- dunno where the fault lies ??
I've noticed too that sound from my iPhone is distorted ... why ??
sometimes the DUO will not even recognize my Sirius DC-C1 module ??? comes up as Aux ??

time for something better !!
Gentlemen,

If you are not getting a timely response via email, you can contact DICE Electronics via phone.

Full contact info can be found here: http://diceelectronics.com/contact

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM

Last edited by tom @ eas; 12-14-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:03 AM
bimmerguy

thanks, Tom - will give that a try.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT
I've just completed installing my Dice Silverline Duo & am having some issues. The vehicle is a 2003 325xiT with BMW Sirius installed. When I connect my iPod & select iPod mode on the head unit, I get "iPod" on my radio display, followed by "ATTACHED" & nothing more. This is with an older iPod, 40gb, purchased in December, 2004. The iPod is getting power, and if i press "Play" on the iPod with the iPod "Unlocked", the sound does come through the speakers, but the radio's display still says "ATTACHED". Also, in this mode, the iPod keeps playing after the radio is turned off. It does not seem to matter if the iPod is "Locked" or "Unlocked". I haven't yet tried my iPhone 3Gs or a newer 80gb iPod (2007 vintage) from my truck, so maybe that's the next step.

Please help.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 AM
european auto source

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbushnell View Post
I've just completed installing my Dice Silverline Duo & am having some issues. The vehicle is a 2003 325xiT with BMW Sirius installed. When I connect my iPod & select iPod mode on the head unit, I get "iPod" on my radio display, followed by "ATTACHED" & nothing more. This is with an older iPod, 40gb, purchased in December, 2004. The iPod is getting power, and if i press "Play" on the iPod with the iPod "Unlocked", the sound does come through the speakers, but the radio's display still says "ATTACHED". Also, in this mode, the iPod keeps playing after the radio is turned off. It does not seem to matter if the iPod is "Locked" or "Unlocked". I haven't yet tried my iPhone 3Gs or a newer 80gb iPod (2007 vintage) from my truck, so maybe that's the next step.

Please help.
Where was the module purchased? I would first attempt making sure the module's firmware is fully updated before proceeding with troubleshooting.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Old 12-23-2011, 09:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT
I purchased the module directly from Dice. After I sent my message last night, I decided to try my iPhone 3Gs, I plugged that in instead of the 40gb iPod & it worked. When I get home, I will try the 80gb iPod from my Ford Ranger & see that goes.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 330xi
So this thread seems a little dead, but I'll try my question here.

I have Silverline Pro in my 330xi and have used it for a couple of years with iPhone 3G, 4 and 4S with no issues. I've recently had my 4S replaced at an Apple Store for a hardware problem. The *new* iPhone 4S doesn't work with Silverline. It charges, but when I switch over to it, there is no music. The display on the radio never switches from DETACHED to ATTACHED, no matter what I try. I've tried resetting the unit by unplugging power for several hours, but no go. Any advice how to make Silverline "see" my new phone?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: E30 325i Touring
First Silverline Malfunction

I've been using a Dice Silverline in my '05 e46 for about six years and it's worked pretty well, once I learned how to deal with its quirks.

The other day I accidentally pressed two buttons at the same time on my stereo and that started the first major trouble I've had with my Silverline. I tried the recommended battery terminal discharge to reset things, but with no luck. Now the stereo is unable to detect my iPod altogether.

Any tips on how to get things back up and running? (Note: I've reviewed the manual but it didn't offer much troubleshooting help. Also, I've never touched the dip switches on the unit since it was first installed in the car.)
Old 02-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Constantly Learning

Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 M5
Hello experts, hope you can help me out with a really basic question.

My DICE iPod functionality stopped working today. When I bought my M5 in 2011, it came with a nicely done DICE adapter integration (install timeline summer 09, don't know model), the dongle comes out the sliding door in the center console. Clean and OE looking. The iPod uses the CD output mode.

Occasionally over the past year when listening the mode would fall out to radio, but would go back. Over the weekend it just stopped working, no sound whatsoever. Controls on steering wheel still work, and track still shows up on my dash cluster. However, there is some kind of connection issue b/c text on dash says "attached" even when I disconnect iPod from dongle. Radio and tape still work fine. My car has DSP.

I've read that simply unplugging and plugging back in might wake system up. However, I don't know where the module is. I don't see anything in the left side trunk where original CD unit still sits. Is the module behind the dash?

I'd like to know probability on that before I go through hassle of glove compartment removal. Thanks in advance.
Fern Green 99 M3, Conforti Shark Software, Conforti CAI, Dinan Exhaust. Stamped LTWs, 235x40 square, OEM Hella heads, ///M Pedal Kit, Clear Corners, OEM Rear Spoiler, CD43 stereo. MRegistry listing here.
Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Euro rotors, iPod integration. MRegistry listing here.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:57 PM
Constantly Learning

Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 M5
Where is the module?

Anyone out there? Tom, are you still with EAS? Nothing in the trunk...
Fern Green 99 M3, Conforti Shark Software, Conforti CAI, Dinan Exhaust. Stamped LTWs, 235x40 square, OEM Hella heads, ///M Pedal Kit, Clear Corners, OEM Rear Spoiler, CD43 stereo. MRegistry listing here.
Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Euro rotors, iPod integration. MRegistry listing here.