Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i Msport AW
Glad to hear you liked the PA2...I was feeling in a bit of unknown territory with the PA4 with basically zero reviews out there.

Wheels were $720 shipped with OEM center caps and the little M stickers. Tires and TPMS were $1440 shipped from TireRack. I installed the TPMS myself and the cost of having the tires mounted and balanced locally was ~$90, so ~$2250 all in.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:47 AM
Jen4BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i M Sport
Hey Tipsy, thought I'd check in to see how your liking your new winter wheels and tires so far. I know temps in Minneapolis are still pretty mild but what are your initial observations so far with the PA4's. Would love a picture of your Msport to see how the wheels look if you wouldn't mind the trouble!

Also, I am new to wheel buying. What was the exact make and model number of those sweet wheels you sourced and do they come with the trick little M sport insignia or is this a sticker?

Let it snow!!
Jennifer
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen4BMW View Post
Hey Tipsy, thought I'd check in to see how your liking your new winter wheels and tires so far. I know temps in Minneapolis are still pretty mild but what are your initial observations so far with the PA4's. Would love a picture of your Msport to see how the wheels look if you wouldn't mind the trouble!

Also, I am new to wheel buying. What was the exact make and model number of those sweet wheels you sourced and do they come with the trick little M sport insignia or is this a sticker?

Let it snow!!
Jennifer
Well they look nice off the car anyway, haven't put them on yet (waiting until Wednesday judging by the forecast). Washed them, put on a preventative wax coat, put on the tire tote dealies and they are in a pile in the basement for now. I'll gladly post up a couple photos midweek...sorry if I'm a little slow to respond as we just adopted a second dog from a shelter so I have my hands full lol.

Here is a link to the wheelset:
http://www.modbargains.com/Rotary-Fo...yle-Wheels.htm

The little M sport insignia on the wheels is just a little sticker but the wheel has an indentation for it so it's not like you just slap it on somewhere. The wheels would look fine without the stickers, too. I don't like the factory Sportline center caps that come with the wheels - cheap and ugly imho but again, winter wheels...purely cosmetic.

I'll probably hold off on any real review of the PA4s until they have a few hundred miles on them and we get some of the white stuff. Hopefully not anytime soon.

Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 10-21-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: Boxster S; '13 X3 AW/CHT
More support for Michelin alpine winter tires..... See this video of alpines compared with pirellis on a RWD 911.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/s...nter-tyre-test

2010 Porsche Boxster S (Mine)
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Ok, finally got around to mounting the wheels and installing a Canvasback cargo liner. Have only put a few dozen miles on the PA4s in weather on the warm side (it hit 51F yesterday) but so far they have a smooth ride, don't appear "squirmy" at speed, are quiet and soak up the bumps much better than the stock LS2s. I haven't weighed the stock wheel/tire yet but there appears to be around a 30lb difference in unsprung weight at each corner, and it's noticeable when driving.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:50 PM

welp, now the car is at the dealership fur two weeks waiting on a radiator from Germany. It's also in for a sunroof rattle and software update. the loaner is an e92 like our last car...crazy how small it feels now.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Mein Auto: Soon to be 2013 X3 28i
2013 X3 (E25) - Has anyone installed winter packages without TPMS (in US)

I'm considering a winter tire package of 17x8 Rial Salerno with the 245/55R17 Pirelli Sottozero II.

I really don't think TPMS is necessary as I will be ordering non-run flats (will use slime and compressor in case of flats).

Does anyone have experience with running the E25 without TPMS? I expecting that I'll have a warning light lit all the time (not worried about that), but I'm not clear is DSC will deactivate (as it does when it detects low pressure)?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbmwvirgin View Post
I'm considering a winter tire package of 17x8 Rial Salerno with the 245/55R17 Pirelli Sottozero II.

I really don't think TPMS is necessary as I will be ordering non-run flats (will use slime and compressor in case of flats).

Does anyone have experience with running the E25 without TPMS? I expecting that I'll have a warning light lit all the time (not worried about that), but I'm not clear is DSC will deactivate (as it does when it detects low pressure)?
Good point, you will get the warning for sure and I now the last time my tire pressure got a little low with the change in weather, the warning came on and some stuff like using sport or sport+ mode won't engage with the warning on. I would just spend the $200 for the sensors.