Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Discuss everything about wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your BMW.

Sponsored by The Tirerack. Moderated by Gary@Tirerack.com

Old 10-20-2012, 10:46 PM

Mein Auto: matchbox
F10 550i Square or staggered LM 60 tires.

I have a set of staggered OEM style 351 wheels (8.5 x 19 and 9 x 19) that I want to use as a winter set up with LM60 tires. The winter set up will not be for deep snow as I have a SUV and AWD van for that purpose. I will be using the winter setup mainly for black ice, slush and very light snow. Performance wise (traction and cornering on dry and light snow conditions) which would be better, stagger or square? Or is the difference between staggered and square in such scenario negligible and life is too short to worry about or debate this issue. I live in the Pacific Northwest.
Ads by Google
Old 10-22-2012, 05:40 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 BMW M3
Although there would not be a very large difference in the real world, I would lean towards the non staggered setup for better slush, light snow traction and a bit more hydroplaning resistance. Since the car is set up to understeer a bit from the factory, a non staggered setup also tends to make the car have better handling (more neutral handling).

Winter http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AB2&...nter/index.jsp