Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
www.yelp.com
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:51 PM
CABimmerNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenaron View Post
no doubt....but there are 3-4 dealers within 60 miles...so i do have a choice.
www.yelp.com
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:28 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by car-fan View Post
There are many takers of the N63 DINAN tune across 6 platforms X6/X5 (Including M/// Variants); F01/F02; F07/F10; that have had their cars flashed. Do you really think all of these folks are too naive to tell the difference?

The difference stock vs. tuned - is in no way subtle.

From first hand experience, it can be done, and has been done - multiple times for numerous owners at this point. Perhaps Singh Auto Sport is referring to their own inability to do so?
This is a reply to an old post, but since this thread has been revived:

With Dinan Stage 2 my 550xi consistently puts down 12.5-12.6 sec quarter miles times, with runs as little as 3 minutes apart.

0-60 mph... in under 4 secs!

Hopefully, when I test my Stage 3, I'll hit 12.4 secs.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750I X M sport
Just reading all this made me nervous and although I was thrilled to get my stage 3 upgrade on my 2011 750I X M Sport it did take my NY dealer 8 days with the car and a whole bunch of problems with Dinan having to send them a different cable (3 days) and software updates had to be rewritten by Dinan because for some reason my car wasn't reading the program. After all that time I was prepared for the worst and to boot I called them at 4 PM on a Friday with no hope that it would be ready again but surprisingly got the we were just about to call you BS. Never the less I made it there with my Enterprise loaner, They had no BMW's when I dropped off and they had me sporting a Chrysler 200 for the week, I got there about 6P.M. and my service manager was waiting for me and was not in a rush and said lets go for a ride before asking for a dime. From the second that I hit the gas it was love at first full gas pedal press. The car preformed like it never did before. I was in love with the extra power although I was driving very aggressive and the service manager was digging it but looked a little nervous at times. I did overshoot a few driveways, I may have to look into a brake upgrade to handle the heavy speedster, a Brembo picture flashed through my mind where all I could see where Red Calipers against my black car and I have to admit it looked good in my mind. Anyway after almost a half hour of driving like a complete speed demon I said the car was worth the wait and passed with flying colors and gave a sincere thank you, I paid my bill complete with 15% off and heard a low rumble from the new exhaust and plenty of power was waiting for me ready to go home in the service area now deserted by almost everyone that night and those remaining few were all going out of their way saying how great the car sounded and I could tell I was the talk of that department at least for that day. I have to admit it felt nice being he guy with the loaded 7 series who was nuts enough to go for it. When I arrived home after the 30 minute drive that took a good hour with all the shortcuts I avoided on purpose I downloaded a stopwatch on my I phone and was off for the test. The first few 0-60 tries I have to admit I hit the buttons on the phone wrong because i wasn't looking and got some bad times but they were all under 5 seconds but once i got the hang of the new app I hit 4.3 and 4.2 seconds respectively and was now sure everything was worth the wait. I went through a half a tank in 70 miles that night but it was nothing but a breath taking blast. I don't regret it for a second and have no buyers remorse. With 27000 miles left on my 4/50k warranty and another 2 years/ unlimited miles bumper to bumper coverage on the new Cornerstone program I took I felt great and again drove off with a loud throaty rumble into the darkness and I must say I felt even better with the first Vette I took down but that had a lot to do because of my ability to take a few more chances on a busy parkway then him and then again when I outright beat the new Camaro leaving him with a look of "what was that" on his face was all I needed to make the whole experience worth every penny. Dinan has no way for me to make 10 points unless I buy new rims which isn't happening so I'll never sport a Dinan badge but I'm good with keeping them wondering.

Last edited by ngraz617; 10-23-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 50i M Sport
Cool, which dealer did you get it done with. I got the intercoolers with stage 4, and its a beast. I didn't do the exhaust though, as to me its not worth the money.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger74 View Post
Cool, which dealer did you get it done with. I got the intercoolers with stage 4, and its a beast. I didn't do the exhaust though, as to me its not worth the money.
BMW in Bayshore NY. I can only speak for myself and the Stage 3 with the exhaust was what really made me do it I love the sound of a nice exhaust. I didn't get the tips I just have the chrome oval cut outs showing like stock but the sound is so amazing and deep and without any drone in the cabin it's amazing and just blows me away. I'm at 511 HP I think all together and it moves for a big car, I think I can get it down around 4 seconds because the gas was over half full and 4.2 came easy on sandy moist pavement once I got the hang of it and started with a good amount of gas and the brake down at go.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 PM
CABimmerNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngraz617 View Post
BMW in Bayshore NY. I can only speak for myself and the Stage 3 with the exhaust was what really made me do it I love the sound of a nice exhaust. I didn't get the tips I just have the chrome oval cut outs showing like stock but the sound is so amazing and deep and without any drone in the cabin it's amazing and just blows me away. I'm at 511 HP I think all together and it moves for a big car, I think I can get it down around 4 seconds because the gas was over half full and 4.2 came easy on sandy moist pavement once I got the hang of it and started with a good amount of gas and the brake down at go.
I would love to do the stage 3 exhaust, but I'm so scared of what it will sound like and the dreaded drone...
I know it's a lot to ask, but any chance you could video the exhaust note at start up and video while driving. Maybe nail it a few times while driving with the windows up.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
CABimmerNation

And you are right about smoking corvettes. Destroyed a guy off the line and then slowly walked away from him until I lifted. Next light he asked me in a condescending tone, "How much you got sunk into that thing?" Told him the engines stock and I thought those kind of cars were supposed to be quick.
Your car looks gay and it's slow, good combo.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
I would love to do the stage 3 exhaust, but I'm so scared of what it will sound like and the dreaded drone...
I know it's a lot to ask, but any chance you could video the exhaust note at start up and video while driving. Maybe nail it a few times while driving with the windows up.
Thanks
I actually was thinking of doing that anyway and I will in the next few days or so. I will say there is no drone and it's one of the main items on Dinan's website that they advertise as a plus. I know there are no F01's on Youtube with the exhaust running so I wanted to put it up there anyway. The car sounds really good and you won't be disappointed. When you're driving at highway speed you don't hear the exhaust and you hear more of it from outside the cabin under all conditions than inside. That's just the way the car is it's a quiet cabin. There's no other exhaust out there that will be quieter than this and a lot of people may want more than the Dinan offers. I was going to go with a Meisterschaft but at the last minute decided it might be too much for the car being that it is a luxury sedan and it's over 3x the price and I figured while Dinan was doing the stage 2 they might as well do the stage 3 and I would just get their exhaust with 15% off and not worry about any warranty items that could arise in the future. Remember Cornerstone now has a bumper to bumper extended warranty that covers the car and Dinan parts for a total of 6 years and unlimited miles. If I didn't have the Dinan exhaust I didn't want anyone to have any excuses that the back pressure or anything else from a different exhaust caused the problem. I own the car so since it's transferable and I plan on keeping the car, this is what influenced my decisions. I keep my cars, I still have my 01 E38 sport because I like it so much I gave it to my son and it has 115k on it and is running like new after I put some work into it and I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Be warned, on my F10 the Dinan exhaust had a small amount of drone between 1,500-2,000rpm when new, but it faded away over time. I probably have 10kmi on my exhaust now and I still love the more aggressive sound. It now sounds like there's 500hp under the hood.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 750i MSport
Just had mine flashed (stage 2) yesterday- no tickets yet!!! Love it!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 PM

Good luck on the stage 2, I have to say I have never driven as fast as I am all the time before this upgrade. It definitely is killing my gas milage not to mention I risk a ticket every time I drive. I still have to get the video up on the stage 3 exhaust, I just haven't had the time and want the car clean when I do it. Hopefully I'll get a chance next week, I only have light till 4:30 these days so to have a clean car and take a video by that time with my schedule will be hard. I want to shoot some take offs and drive by's too so I'll need another person, I'll get it up soon for those who are interested.

2011 750I X M-SPORT, DINAN STAGE 3 PERFORMANCE UPGRADE WITH DINAN FREE FLOW EXHAUST, 511 H.P. DARK GRAPHITE METALLIC, M SPORT PACKAGE, HUD, CAMERA PACKAGE, LUXURY SEATING PACKAGE, PREMIUM SOUND PACKAGE, INSTRUMENT PANEL WITH LEATHER.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngraz617 View Post
Good luck on the stage 2, I have to say I have never driven as fast as I am all the time before this upgrade. It definitely is killing my gas milage not to mention I risk a ticket every time I drive. I still have to get the video up on the stage 3 exhaust, I just haven't had the time and want the car clean when I do it. Hopefully I'll get a chance next week, I only have light till 4:30 these days so to have a clean car and take a video by that time with my schedule will be hard. I want to shoot some take offs and drive by's too so I'll need another person, I'll get it up soon for those who are interested.
I totally agree!! I haven't had the chance to open it up. I live 3 miles from my office and traffic each way. I punched it every chance i get. I'll open it up this weekend. Love to hear sound clips of the Stage 3 exhaust!!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
CABimmerNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
Be warned, on my F10 the Dinan exhaust had a small amount of drone between 1,500-2,000rpm when new, but it faded away over time. I probably have 10kmi on my exhaust now and I still love the more aggressive sound. It now sounds like there's 500hp under the hood.
The first 100 miles or so there definitely is quite a bit of drone, but it calms down to a nice deep throaty sound. I love it.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:41 AM
CABimmerNation

I took "before" sound clip videos with a spl meter. Just have to get so time to do the "after".
Maybe this weekend.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
I took "before" sound clip videos with a spl meter. Just have to get so time to do the "after".
Maybe this weekend.
You're Killing us!!!! Nothing like the feeling of anticipation!! Thanks CA