Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E53 X5 2004 3.0 SPORT
BMW X5 2002 E53 Fault Codes

Hi

I have just bought this X5 and it had the engine management light on. the car drove perfectly with the light on but I was interested to know what the cause was. I did not want to pay 50 at my local dealer to get the fault codes read so I bought a code reader from the internet for 27. I had about 22 error codes on the car and cleared them all apart from two of them. the codes i have left which won't clear are:

ZKE - Central Body Electric - error code 160
A/C - Heater and Automatic Conditioner Control - error code 26

does any one know what these error codes mean and what is likely to be the cause?

I have been driving the car around for a couple of days now and the engine management light has not come back on? I have listed the 22 error codes which I read from the car before they were cleared - does anyone know what may have caused the engine management light to come on in the first instance?
thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by white_lancer; 10-24-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Advertisement