Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: was 530d, is X5d 2011
F10 custom order

Hi,

I asked these questions in other sub-forum, but seems nobody was able to answer them. I will be aiming to buy MY2014 LCI (535 or 550 or diesel if available) in September 2013. The questions:

- That will be my wife's car and she wants the car in "liquid blue" color; it is not available right now on the list of colors for F10 (gas version). However, it is available for F10 ActiveHybrid 5. Can I get the color for the gas version?

- I prefer to configure the car based on options available and not packages (as it works in Europe). What kind of freedom does BMWNA give to configure the car based on the options available? I have read in other sub-forum that in some cases it is possible to order individual options based on the BMW codes.

- If I use a board sponsor to buy the car with European Delivery, can I trade in my current car to save on sales tax? I assume it is possible only when the sponsor is from my neighborhood...

Thanks

kanar

WTB: spare tire kit
Ads by Google
Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535iGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanar200 View Post
Hi,

I asked these questions in other sub-forum, but seems nobody was able to answer them. I will be aiming to buy MY2014 LCI (535 or 550 or diesel if available) in September 2013. The questions:

- That will be my wife's car and she wants the car in "liquid blue" color; it is not available right now on the list of colors for F10 (gas version). However, it is available for F10 ActiveHybrid 5. Can I get the color for the gas version?

- I prefer to configure the car based on options available and not packages (as it works in Europe). What kind of freedom does BMWNA give to configure the car based on the options available? I have read in other sub-forum that in some cases it is possible to order individual options based on the BMW codes.

- If I use a board sponsor to buy the car with European Delivery, can I trade in my current car to save on sales tax? I assume it is possible only when the sponsor is from my neighborhood...

Thanks

kanar
1. Unlikely. Even if it is possible it won't be free.
2. No. In some cases you can add some option not normally found, but generally BMW NA is pretty rigid.

Former BMW's:
2010 BMW X5 xDrive 48i / 2005 BMW X5 30i / 2003 BMW 745Li
2001 BMW X5 30i / 1995 BMW 525i
Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanar200 View Post
Hi,

Thanks

kanar
1. There is a special ordering process available for paint, upholstery and trim for the 5 Series. It will take addtional time and will cost more. The regional distribution manager will work with the factory to determine the feasibility of the request. Once confirmed the RDM will let the dealer know price and lead time required for the request.

2. Pkgs offered for the NA market CAN NOT be seperated

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!

BMW i3s in stock
Old 10-24-2012, 01:58 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Who knows what colors will be available with the LCI.... they will likely change the color palette. That color might become a standard color.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i