Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Just got smoked by a LEXUS SC430...

...but I didn't know we were racing!

Tonight I was driving around down town minding my own business. I had the radio off and I was enjoyoing the sound of my exhaust bouncing off the various buildings.

About 100 yards ahead the light is red. This is a one way road with three lanes. In the right lane is a minivan, and in the middle lane is a "lovely" Lexus cabriolet. The top is down and an older, well dressed gentleman is alone behind the wheel. I switch from the center lane to the left most lane.

As I coasted up behind the SC in first gear around 5mph the light turned green. I had briefly considered having a bit of fun with the guy, but he didn't look like he fit in that "fast and furious" demographic. Ahead was an area I love to drive through with the windows down. It is surrounded by tall buildings on both sides and there are multiple pedways overhead; simply put the exhaust sounds godly.

Well, apparently Mr. Lexus had spotted me in his rearview mirror. He immediately gunned it and blew past me as I made my way through first gear. Going through second gear at maybe half throttle he was able to put about a car length on me in his peppy little thingy. As I shifted into third I hit the gas a bit more and pulled up nearly along side him. I was about to smile and give him a thumbs up (out of pity), but before I could he smirked, looked over his shoulder over the boot of his uber-dated cabriolet and said, "almost"!

I'm usually quick to come back, but my jaw literally dropped. As he darted over to the right lane and put on his turn signal I was barely able to mutter the word "really" which I doubt he heard. He really thought he killed an M6!

He slowed to a near stop as he was turning right. I blew past him, downshifting from third to second at about 50 mph. The exhaust barked at him, but I don't think it mattered. He still had that smug look on his face as he turned out of view.

Somewhere out there is a happy Lexus owner. If you are reading this; I will find you. Mark my words, asshole.

Anyone else had this happen?

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614

Last edited by Db750; 10-24-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisement