Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 ML500
Newbie Introduction - Looking for GT

Hello all - just posting to briefly introduce myself. While I'm new to Bimmerfest, I'm not new to BMW, as I purchased a 335i Coupe via the ED plan in May of 2007. I no longer own the 335, but honestly the experience was amazing and I've always felt that the 335 was the best car I'd ever owned up until that point. In fact, two of my good friends now own 335s because they liked my car so much.

However, I'm not here to discuss the 335i. As you may have guessed, I'm here because I'm interested in an F07. Although the appearance of the GT is somewhat controversial, I've liked the car ever since I saw one on our local BMW lot a couple years ago. In addition to the styling, which I personally think is great, I'm drawn the the comfort, performance and practicality of this vehicle. Further, because I live in CO, I'm glad to have AWD as an option.

I've recently decided to move forward with a purchase of a GT and am in the process of finding the right car. Unless I can find an unbelievable deal on a new GT (which given my budget is an impossibility), I'd prefer to buy used, because there seem to be a reasonable number of cars available and the cost savings can be significant. Further, if I'm patient, I think that I'll eventually find a car that's perfect for me.

Since I'm posting here anyway, I might as well list my criteria just in case anyone on the board has seen a GT that might suit my needs. While there are a number of options I would like to have, the following are requirements:

- White exterior
- Black or ivory/black interior
- xDrive
- Sports Package
- 20" wheels
- Heated seats
- Low mileage

My budget is $51K and I am willing to wait as long as necessary to find the right car. I've only been looking for a short period of time, and I've already seen a number of vehicles that come close. I'm sure that my patience will be rewarded.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to owning a GT in the future.
Ads by Google