Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 convertible and E86 Z4 coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: Z4
Z4 question and Tires

Had a Z3 a few years ago and after running a 96 328i I decided to go back to a Z4. Found a great 2005 with 48K on it and its absolutley great. Has anyone come up with a closer cup holder solution? The dash mounted cup holders are not very good.

Also having trouble pairing my iphone with the blue tooth in the Z4, any solutions out there?

Decide to change up the tires to the original brand and size. I took off brand new Hancook Ventus. I have 2-225/40Z R18 and 2-255/35Z R18's. First buyer at $200.00 plus shipping can have them. If you need pictures just holler....
Ads by Google
Old 10-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR
1. - Cup Holder - http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/index.html

2. Pairing Phone - Do you have Nav? - Do Search here and in Zpost, both topics have been covered.

3. Why did you take off a good set of tires to go back with run flats?

Welcome back into the fold.

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Old 10-16-2012, 03:31 PM

Tires

Thanks for the cup holder info. No nav just phone other tires just didn't seem right. 100% better on new ones
Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 Z4 3.0i
Sync Phone

Did you get your phone sync'd? If not let me know and I'll shot you a pdf of my instructions.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:28 AM

pairing

The instructions don't seenm to work that are in the manual. If you could give me your instructions that would be outstanding:
Old 10-18-2012, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 Z4 3.0i
Bluetooth Security Code

You will need the bluetooth pairing code (Passkey as BMW calls it) that was assigned to your car. I purchased the Z4 used but it came with a complete document set so that security code was in the owners manual package. Here are some directions from Bimmerfest that may help. Thought they were printed but then everything in online so why kill more trees.

If you don't have that number try mine: 5459. It looks like the code number may be assigned to the VIN for the car, I would bet BMW has it. So far BMW has been very helpful with every question I ever asked, these guys have an excellent records.

Let me know,

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ring+bluetooth
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...etooth+pairing

Last edited by Pops Z4; 10-18-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR
I don't think yours will work on his car but don't hurt to try. If you cant find it, you then have two options. You can tear out the back wall behind the seats and find the sending unit, the number is on a small plate on that unit. Or take it to the dealer and have them hook up the car to the computer and they can then tell you. If you already have a working relationship with the dealer you might not get charged, but I would say you might have to pay standard service bay charge.

Regards

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Old 10-19-2012, 05:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 3.0si
The passcode is also located on the TCU. The TCU is located in the trunk right behind the driver's seat. You will have to hold back the carpeting and possibly remove the TCU as I believe the sticker which has the passcode on it is attached to the backside. I actually pealed the sticker off and attached it to the front just in case I needed it in the future.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Luv'in Texas

Mein Auto: '08 Z4 3.0si
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer1989 View Post
The passcode is also located on the TCU. The TCU is located in the trunk right behind the driver's seat. You will have to hold back the carpeting and possibly remove the TCU as I believe the sticker which has the passcode on it is attached to the backside. I actually pealed the sticker off and attached it to the front just in case I needed it in the future.
I agree that this is the best place to look for it
Old 10-19-2012, 05:43 PM

Hey propkicker; how much would it be to ship tires to ups store in Port Huron, MI. (zip 48060). I live in Canada so it would be cheaper for me to pick up there. Not sure if postal service has same service. Would like to see pics if you have.

Lou
Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Drivin' the dream

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X5 & 2007 Z4 si
Propkicker- I saw your post the day after I ordered those exact tires, rats!! Could have saved myself some cash for sure. Anyway, I got them mounted this past Thursday and so far I like them. I have the 3.0si with sport pkg, so those were the correct size for me. I also purchased a slime spair tire kit to carry in the trunk for the hopefully unlikely event of a flat. These Hankooks are quieter than the runflats, but they are also brand new. I don't feel any reduction in steering response and grip seems to be right up there. Hopefully, I will get a chance to do some driving today in the mountains and wring them out.
I hadn't planned on buying new tires until spring, but had the unfortunate luck to pick up a roofing nail last weekend. I then learned that runflats cannot be patched. So if you are buying a new set of runflats, be sure to get the road hazard warranty. I plugged the tire myself just so I could drive the car for the couple of days while waiting for the kooks to arrive. The plug was a bugger to push in and did not seal perfectly. It was holding fairly well until I did some burnouts the night before I got my new treads. Doing burnouts was a blast since the old tires were on their way out. So Thursday I was taking advantage of the run flat feature driving my car to the tire dealer.

2007 3.0si w/Sport Pkg, Navi, Leather, Strut brace, garage door opener and delete airbag warnings on sun visors
Old 10-26-2012, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 3.0si roadster
if the bluetooth is factory installed, there should be a booklet about bluetooth and radio functions with the manual (but as a separate pamphlet) that has a small sticker in it that has the pairing code. If you don't have that, you'll need to pull back the carpet in the trunk behind the rear seats to get to the TCU which also has the same sticker.

If you are having issues actually getting the TCU into pairing mode, and don't have the "pairing" button on the cubby door between the seats you can follow this DIY I did about making your own button: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=650402
Old 10-26-2012, 08:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Z4 2.5i
I just want to second the vote for the Ultimate Cupholders. I've had them in my roadie for several months now and love them.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Meinkugelschmerzen

Mein Auto: 2003 Z4, 2007 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by propkicker View Post
Had a Z3 a few years ago and after running a 96 328i I decided to go back to a Z4. Found a great 2005 with 48K on it and its absolutley great. Has anyone come up with a closer cup holder solution? The dash mounted cup holders are not very good.

Also having trouble pairing my iphone with the blue tooth in the Z4, any solutions out there?

Decide to change up the tires to the original brand and size. I took off brand new Hancook Ventus. I have 2-225/40Z R18 and 2-255/35Z R18's. First buyer at $200.00 plus shipping can have them. If you need pictures just holler....
I don't drink and drive, but; Cup holder: http://www.roadstersolutions.com/page106.html

I don't talk on the phone while I drive my Z4. I can't hear with the top down at 110 mph anyway.

Run flats? Ugh! I put on a set Conti Extremes in place of RF's and it's like driving a different (and much better) car.