Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2012, 03:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 M Coupe
2007 M Coupe "Halo" Light - Bulb Replacement

I am feeling dumb asking how to change a lightbulb, but as usual the owner's manual is useless, and I tried a seach here with limited success.

My driver's side "halo" light is out. I am sure there is a better term--the bulb that lights the circumference of the inside light nacel next to the headlight. The biggest downside is that I have to look at an orange bulb out warning on the dash, and I won't be warned if an imprtant bulb goes out.

My understanding is the that inside nacel has no headlight in it--just the halo around it. I learned here how to access the bulbs from inside the fender well (go figure), but the fixture I see that seems to line up with that nacel is a hard plastic piece that seems to need four torx screws pulled out to get it apart, and seems to have an armored wire leading to it. Seems to be way to much for the little halo light.

Am I correct tht there is no real headlight in the inside nacel? If so, how do I replace the halo bulb--and, I guess, what is it really called.

Than ks.

Last edited by Patrick Gent; 10-28-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: trying to explain better
Advertisement