Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM

Mein Auto: supercharged 318is
lee's supercharged 318is

hello all!
im lee from the uk and have owned my 318is for near enough 7 years or so heres the story so far!

right where to begin!!
well i'll start with a pic of the how the car looks now and then go back to the start and try not to bore you all too much!

heres a couple of upto date ones

and the story so far........

well i've had the car now for quite a while it was originally intended to be a stop gap untill i was a decent age to be able to get a sensible insurance quote on a e46 m3 however 6 maybe 7 years later its become part of the family and i cant bring myself to part with it!
i dont have any pics of it when i 1st got it but it was pretty standard untill i got the modding bug!

this is the earliest pic i have

as you can hopefully see my tastes in mods have changed over the years :oops:

by that point i'd fitted m3 rep wheels a ss exhaust some m3 rep mirrors with indicators on them! and more M badges than i even care to admit! (more of that to come!)

then the 1st mod i did was to replace the cloth interior

but i'd always wanted vaders so not long after i found a set

then came more rep wheels

(4x4)

then i went through several different induction kits including k&n panel ,powetec s1 cone and a few others but finally settled on the carbon fibre viper induction kit

but as i'm sure as does 99.9% of 318is owners i just needed more power so next up i thought i was vin diesel and got all fast and furious and bought this little lot!

i spent a small fortune and went all out with a direct port sytem with what was then a top of the range race controller,bottle warmer etc but after half hearted research after i bought it i then found out my nearest filling station was roughly 70miles away! X(
so it was sold on with a promise to myself i would go down the FI route!
Advertisement