Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2012, 12:27 PM

Mein Auto: Ford Mustang GT
'98 E39 Questions

Hello, My name is Nick, I am new to the forum, and am searching for a BMW to purchase. I have found one that interests me, but its not in movable condition. The car has had a head replaced and lot of its essentials, but the owner says the transmission is in safe mode, and that would have to be cleared by a mechanic or BMW shop that knows hot to, in order to run/drive.

The car is in great shape, very well taken care of. No blemishes, inside or out, from what I can tell, and he is asking $2400 for the car.

My question is, should the car still run if the transmission is in safe mode and does his story sound at all Legit?

Here is the verbiage on what was exactly said. I am waiting on an email on milage and such.

Thanks for your responses in advance!

Quote:
I don't have the room to store. Compare with others and you will see how much TLC this car has received.

1998 BMW 528i, automatic, power everything, sunroof, etc.
Items done:
Replaced head ($3k+)
New head gasket kit
New spark plugs
New valve cover gasket
New O2 sensors
New exhaust gaskets
New crankshaft position sensor
New intake gaskets
New water pump
New radiator
New fan clutch
New belts/hoses
New coolant
New coolant expansion tank
New thermostat and housing
New CCV and all associated hoses
New coolant temp switch
New mass airflow sensor (MAF)
New intake boot
New Bosch 140amp alternator
New Interstate premium battery
New Mobil 1 oil/ Mann filter
New transmission fluid/filter and pan bolts
New high performance tires (0 miles on them)
New windshield
New gas cap
Angel eye headlights, Hella tails

This car is almost brand new under the hood and the body is in great shape with no accident damage, rust, etc. The interior is in excellent condition, grey leather with power everything.Power sunroof, tinted windows, power seats, climate control, etc. Clear title in hand. I'll even include two additional mounted tires on BMW rims with the deal.

This BMW will need to have a few lights reset after all the work that was put into it, and the transmission will need to be taken out of safe mode to get it to run/drive. This can be done at any BMW machine equipped mechanic for a reasonable price. This car needs to be finished and will need to be towed, and is being sold as a project. I don't have the time to finish, my loss could be your gain. 2400 firm

Last edited by HuskerNationRR; 10-30-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Ads by Google