Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:53 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Dinan Stage 3 being installed Monday...exhaust and software

Product Description

Dinan's Free Flow Exhaust improves exhaust flow by reducing back pressure, resulting in increased power output and a great sporty sound that is civilized when you want it to be and pleasantly aggressive under harder acceleration with zero drone. 100% stainless steel construction and exacting specifications ensure that the system fits correctly using the factory hangers and will resist corrosion for years to come. An vacuum controlled butterfly valve is utilized to improve flow at wide open throttle while keeping things civilized and "drone" free throughout. The design reduces overall weight as well and ships without tips so that it may attach to the stock tips giving a stock look.

Benefits:

Sportier Sound

100% 304 Stainless Steel Construction

Bolt-on Installation

Keep Stock Look

Product Description

Get the most out of your performance exhaust upgrade by receiving an additional 10 horsepower from the combination of the Performance Exhaust Software and the Free Flow Exhaust. This software upgrade was specifically designed and tuned for the Free Flow Exhaust upgrade. Increase power while listening to a great sounding exhaust.

Benefits of the Performance Software - Free Flow Exhaust:

+ Add 10 Horsepower when used in conjunction with the Free Flow Exhaust

+ Downloads through the BMW diagnostic port, the same way BMW loads software

+ Top Speed Governor Removed, you decided how fast you want to go

+ Factory Matching Warranty Coverage (4year/50,000 mi), no sleepless nights or being scared to visit a BMW dealer

+ Full Map Rescaling, for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between

+ Properly Returned Fuel Mixtures, to save you gas and protect your engine

+ Retain All BMW Factory Engine Damage Safeguards

+ No Shipping! Available at ALL +130 Dinan Dealers Around the World
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
I will take video clips of before and after.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Yay cant wait, although my poor mans 7 has no dinan mods available, I can watch with excitement for you!

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 PM
RocknDoc

Mein Auto: 2012 F02 750Lix
Stage 3 installed with exhaust

I have a '12 7 series with Dinan stage 2, which had to be reinstalled after dealer erased during software upgrade recently. After the reinstall, I noticed a definite throttle lag, almost a two-step process during light acceleration that wasn't there before. Dinan said that this was due to the vehicle adapting after the complete software reinstall. I never noticed that the first time around however. Now that I installed the stage 3 with exhaust, there is no lag on the 7 whatsoever so I'm not sure that I'm buying the compatibility of stage 2 with the new BMW software. Unfortunately, I couldn't dyno the 7 as it's a long wheelbase X-Drive, and would not fit on their four-wheel-drive dyno. The car drives even better with stage 3 and the exhaust note is nice but not over bearing!

On a side note, and since nobody has posted actual dyno numbers yet... I also just had Stage 3 installed on my '12 650iC. Had car dyno'd before and after and assuming same engine in both here are the results;

Stock: 328 WHP on dyno, 18% loss to wheels equates to 400 hp stock at the flywheel
Stage 3: 457 WHP on dyno. Calculates to 539 hp at flywheel, with Dinan exhaust

I will post the pull sheets w torque once I get them next week.

I can tell you the results are very impressive on the lighter 650i and traction control kicks in between all gear shifts at WOT to stop wheel spin.