Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Where do you get this stuff? The S54 isn't close to the S65 on paper, and it certainly isn't in real life (I own both). Even if I concede that both engines are close, do you judge a car solely by its engine?

By the way, a fully loaded E92 M3 6MT is around $74k (and MDCT is $77), not $80k.

Again, I think the F30 335i is a fantastic car, and it's the right car for many folks. I just don't follow your reasoning.
He is responding to my post where I suggest the next F30 based M3 will be in that price range, not the E9X M3.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 335i
you can get a nicely optioned F30 for MUCH less than $60k.
Hell, I got mine for $47-48k OTD (in CT) with Tech/Cold Weather/Premium/M Perf Exhaust. And I get 32mpg on the highway.

The new M3 was WAY out of my cost - $69-80K starting expected starting price?!?!

(I come from an Evo VIII).
Old 11-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Software Engineer

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by suneil View Post
you can get a nicely optioned F30 for MUCH less than $60k.
Hell, I got mine for $47-48k OTD (in CT) with Tech/Cold Weather/Premium/M Perf Exhaust. And I get 32mpg on the highway.

The new M3 was WAY out of my cost - $69-80K starting expected starting price?!?!

(I come from an Evo VIII).
How do you like it compared to the Evo VIII? I came from an Evo IX MR into a 335i Sport (had it for just over 6 years)

2013 335i Sport | Mineral White | Leather Dakota Everest Grey | Cold Weather Package | Driver Assistance Package | Premium Package | Technology Package | Auto high beams | Parking Assistant | 6MT

My 335i Photo Gallery
Old 11-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 335i
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
How do you like it compared to the Evo VIII? I came from an Evo IX MR into a 335i Sport (had it for just over 6 years)
It's a mixed back...my VIII had GSC Cams, a Tune, WORKS FCBE, MBC, etc...Was putting down in the 325whp/345awtq (Sean Ivey dyno).

It'll take a Dinan S2 to get it to that level at the rear wheels...HOWEVER, speed aside, in its current form, the 335i is pretty damn fast, and the amenities are amazing.

Thankfully the N55 takes well to modifications, so I'll get the same power/speed WITH refinement.

You?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
There are a few inconsistencies in your post IMO.

1) You like the F30 style yet dislike the E90. Most people say they are almost the same except the nose.
Most people have no idea what they're looking at.

Sure they look similar in pictures, but that doesn't mean that they look the same. Personally, I never cared for the E9X and love the F30. I find the differences to be significant.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians