Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Be sure to check with Adrian Avila,BMW of South Atlanta, a fest sponsor who has received many good reviews here.

Last edited by UncleJ; 11-03-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
My current $600 over invoice trumps that as zero fees involved.
$114.00 saved. Every dollar counts.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 AM

Mein Auto: R1150R+
In a visit to my closest dealer(1.5hrs away) I was given an offer of invoice plus $500 contingent on me doing a Dec PDC delivery/deal. I just did my car specs which I've changed to this: Blue Water Metallic w/Wavewood,Mojave Nevada lthr,Cold weather pkg,premium pkg,Satellite radio= Invoice- 40,910+$500=41,410. MSRP =44,445- the 9% listed above=$40,444. Sounds like the guy above got his car(lets just say it was opted out same as mine) for $465 under invoice using my car specs . Then they gave him a $1,000 college grad credit! I assume BMW pays the grad thing but I am left to wonder if the dealer holdback is enough to allow them a profit? Not that I care about that so much as my savings...
So, when I'm talking to both my sales people that make me the $600 over invoice deal then later the $500 over invoice deal I'm thinking , "this is too easy"? No haggle! My sales guy is a straight up guy, so I ask him and he says"we'll get ours on the holdback anyway". In a quick search I don't see that BMW has payed holdbacks to dealers in the past but obviously they are jumping at the deal. When you think about it, the dealer is filling out some papers & a bit of conversation (same as any deal for that matter on that) & more importantly they have no interest fees or prep costs associated with that car as I get all that from SC delivery. Bottom line on my PCD car-they get $500 + holdback for some paperwork. Part of that paperwork I've filled out myself on my many private deals over the years, so not so difficult. Apparently the car counts either against a certain months car allocation or they want the sale in a certain months sales figures for promotional advantage.
I'm now going to find out if the deal can get sweeter via a dealer(who are you???) that will sell for invoice to get holdback for filling out a few forms.
#1-How much is holdback on a 2013 X3?
#2-How did they ,ake any profit @ the 9% deal mentioned above?
#3- Who will sell me a PCD X3 for straight invoice?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
1. AFAIK holdback is 2% of MSRP.
3. In earlier reply suggested three NJ dealers to try if they have reopened after Sandy. Your comments throughout imply that you did not.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM

Mein Auto: R1150R+
So far I did Columbia,MO because I was there in person,Lex,KY because they are where I did my test drive & closest to home & Lou,KY because they are next closest. NJ will get my call today-one has it posted on their website as of this weekend that they have reopened! Thanks for your attentive help!

Update to above: Spring Valley ,NY is one of 2 places(Columbia,MO is the other) that have my attention at this point. I'm real close to a deal. Holdback is not a fixed amount with BMW, as I'm told, varying with the results dealers get from Customer Satisfaction surveys which lead to happy dealer owners,mgrs & sales force. I do see the reality of a PCD car as they do talk & paperwork for money. Wonder just where we will test drive and gawk at new cars as this sales mode evolves? Good thing some buyers are still impulsive shoppers huh?

Last edited by kantuckid; 11-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.