Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i
First try at coding, rec'd error - need to restore?

Using E Sys, first attempt to code F30. Was trying to code the FEM_BODY module to unlock when put to park.

Believe the error was a timeout, as I was in the middle of the process and my ignition turned off. My bad, I should have been quicker. Tried again, but didn't work. Now when I try to read the coding data from the CAFD under FEM_BODY, it says cafd_fffffff-255_255_255 Fehler:
File for "cafd_ffffffff-255_255_255" not found.

Most of the HWAP entries under that CAFD also reference the 255_255_255.

I did save off my CAFDs beforehand. Believe the original may be CAFD_00000794_002_018_068.

Is there any easy way to start fresh? Since I believe my original issue to be a timeout, and now that I'm more familiar with the interface, I believe I can try again before ignition times out. Just want to get back to square one. Couldn't find an appropriate reference to restoring files.

Did see one person suggest a procedure to click on the ECU and do CODE, saying that would bring it back to original, but wasn't certain if that was the best way to accomplish?

Any input would be appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 11-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbuffs View Post
Using E Sys, first attempt to code F30. Was trying to code the FEM_BODY module to unlock when put to park.

Believe the error was a timeout, as I was in the middle of the process and my ignition turned off. My bad, I should have been quicker. Tried again, but didn't work. Now when I try to read the coding data from the CAFD under FEM_BODY, it says cafd_fffffff-255_255_255 Fehler:
File for "cafd_ffffffff-255_255_255" not found.

Most of the HWAP entries under that CAFD also reference the 255_255_255.

I did save off my CAFDs beforehand. Believe the original may be CAFD_00000794_002_018_068.

Is there any easy way to start fresh? Since I believe my original issue to be a timeout, and now that I'm more familiar with the interface, I believe I can try again before ignition times out. Just want to get back to square one. Couldn't find an appropriate reference to restoring files.

Did see one person suggest a procedure to click on the ECU and do CODE, saying that would bring it back to original, but wasn't certain if that was the best way to accomplish?

Any input would be appreciated.
Right-Click on FEM_BODY ECU and select Add (or Insert) and nvigate to your backed up CAFD_00000794_002_018_068.ncd and select it, then FDL Code the ECU.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Right-Click on FEM_BODY ECU and select Add (or Insert) and nvigate to your backed up CAFD_00000794_002_018_068.ncd and select it, then FDL Code the ECU.
Great, thanks much. Working now. Doors unlock when ignition turned off.

Now that I understand the process, will have to try some other settings. Really would like to turn off my TPMS malfunction in the instrument panel but understand that may be more intrusive (requiring a fuse be pulled?)

Anyway, thanks again. One quick question..most of the instrux I've read seem to say turn on ignition but don't start the car. That's how I got into trouble the first time..ignition shut off while I was in the middle of the process.

Is it ok to leave car running to avoid timing out in the middle of the coding efforts?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbuffs View Post
Great, thanks much. Working now. Doors unlock when ignition turned off.

Now that I understand the process, will have to try some other settings. Really would like to turn off my TPMS malfunction in the instrument panel but understand that may be more intrusive (requiring a fuse be pulled?)

Anyway, thanks again. One quick question..most of the instrux I've read seem to say turn on ignition but don't start the car. That's how I got into trouble the first time..ignition shut off while I was in the middle of the process.

Is it ok to leave car running to avoid timing out in the middle of the coding efforts?
I always code with the engine running, with the exception of the DME module.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips