Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
Vehicle Shipping Company

Just won an auction of a used car on eBay and would Like to know anyone have a good vehicle Shipping company that can recommend to me?
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Kaos

Mein Auto: 2014 550i M Sport
Try uship
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Understand car shipping. There is the broker whom you deal with. Then there are haulers that actually pick up and deliver your car. You negotiate payment with the broker. Base on how much he thinks he will make, he will post a fee for a hauler to pick up your car. If that fee is too low, no hauler will take the job. If it is high, then your car will get picked up right away. It is all about money and incentive. You will get a tremendous range of cost from brokers. Some will lowball you to get you to call them, and then tell you you have to come up with more money to get your car shipped immediately. First thing you should do is to ask the broker what is the breakdown, ie his commission, and what he will post to the "shipping list" the amount the hauler gets. You know he is not lying if you give the broker his commission, and then give cash or cashier check (depending on what he wants) to the driver when the car is delivered. When the car arrives, check it out for damages before making the payment. How do I know this? I had Porsche 997 Turbo shipped from CA to TX this last summer. Shipping a car from CA to TX is around $700-$1000. You picked a good time to ship a car, during fall and winter when business is slow. Haulers are willing to fill their trucks before leaving their origin, so they are willing to accept less money than during high season. They want their trucks filled!

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 11-07-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: MB E350 Cabriolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prost View Post
Just won an auction of a used car on eBay and would Like to know anyone have a good vehicle Shipping company that can recommend to me?

Theres no detail given where car is located/being dispatched.

Typically if you can find a good broker he can beat the USHIP prices.

Honestly I think USHIP is a ripoff, prices are so high.