Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 AM
mlevack mlevack is offline
First ED 9/17 650i vert
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 650i vert ED
With the car still a few weeks away from delivery doesn't it seem like an eternity since you picked it up? I just found this video of our delivery at The Welt on 9/17. I completely forgot that I took the time to take this video :-). You can watch it at: http://levack.co/welt/
__________________

2013 650i Individual Convertible (ED)
2011 328i Convertible (retired)
2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 AM
dmurray14 dmurray14 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerWil View Post
I emailed BMW ED yesterday and received this reply today:
"Your vehicle has cleared U.S. Customs and Department of Agriculture in Baltimore. It is currently being moved to New Jersey for repair at our BMW facility.
Please feel free to check back with our office 1 week from now. By then, hopefully, we will have an estimated ready date."
My car needs a new driver mirror glass (theft) & possibly wheel replacement
Man, that's really weird. With the Jersey VDC closed, I can't understand why they're bringing it up there to process. Hopefully the cars that don't need to be "fixed" will go directly to the dealers.

Does your car show Status Quantity 1 next to Customs Release on the WW site?
__________________

Last edited by dmurray14; 11-06-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 PM
GerWil GerWil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 320
Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Man, that's really weird. With the Jersey VDC closed, I can't understand why they're bringing it up there to process. Hopefully the cars that don't need to be "fixed" will go directly to the dealers.
It does seem strange that not all cars will be processed in the same place, since all are inspected and need software updates. If it is only certain cars that are going to NJ perhaps my car will sail through (wishfull thinking), or it could be trapped for a long time.
__________________
2007 335xi (ED 5/10/07, Redelivery 7/12/07)
2010 335i-xdrive (ED 10/19/09, Redelivery 12/30/09)
2013 335i xDrive (ED 9/15/12), Redelivery 11/23/12) mineral grey
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 PM
TheDeliverator TheDeliverator is offline
Registered User
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 33
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerWil View Post
I emailed BMW ED yesterday and received this reply today:
"Your vehicle has cleared U.S. Customs and Department of Agriculture in Baltimore. It is currently being moved to New Jersey for repair at our BMW facility.
I received the same email. Not sure why my car would go to NJ when I live in Balto. Can the car not be repaired in Balto?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM
mlevack mlevack is offline
First ED 9/17 650i vert
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 650i vert ED
What is the BMW ED email address? I seemed to have misplaced it.
__________________

2013 650i Individual Convertible (ED)
2011 328i Convertible (retired)
2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM
jmh's Avatar
jmh jmh is offline
Crash Test Dummy
Location: Boston/MA & Melbourne/AUS
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 276
Mein Auto: F10 M5
BMWEuropeanDelivery@bmwna.com
__________________
13 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown | 03 X5 4.6is Dinan S2 / 11 E90 335xi / 14 F32 435xi (ED 10/10)
///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / Color matched side and front grills (lightly tinted LEDs) / Hartge Suspension / Akrapovic Exhaust / HRE S107 / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / a few Euro Add-Ons
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM
GerWil GerWil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 320
Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator View Post
I received the same email. Not sure why my car would go to NJ when I live in Balto. Can the car not be repaired in Balto?
Someone may know if ships that carry ED cars usually make a drop off in Baltimore. If not, the VDC there may only process new cars. Just a guess on my part.
__________________
2007 335xi (ED 5/10/07, Redelivery 7/12/07)
2010 335i-xdrive (ED 10/19/09, Redelivery 12/30/09)
2013 335i xDrive (ED 9/15/12), Redelivery 11/23/12) mineral grey
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-06-2012, 01:19 PM
dmurray14 dmurray14 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
I just called, and they told me the same thing. On a truck up to NJ to process. I don't get it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-06-2012, 01:40 PM
mlevack mlevack is offline
First ED 9/17 650i vert
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 650i vert ED
WW shows Vehicle drop off in Brunswick, GA at 11:47 today so the cars are off the boat. Let's get through customs and on to VDC!
__________________

2013 650i Individual Convertible (ED)
2011 328i Convertible (retired)
2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-06-2012, 02:09 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
I would be more concerned about the "for repair" part - any idea the level of damage?
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-06-2012, 02:21 PM
dmurray14 dmurray14 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
I would be more concerned about the "for repair" part - any idea the level of damage?
The woman who I talked to today made no mention of damage for mine, just said it was going to NJ for processing. Maybe they're all being sent there (and hopefully mine doesn't have any damage).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
The woman who I talked to today made no mention of damage for mine, just said it was going to NJ for processing. Maybe they're all being sent there (and hopefully mine doesn't have any damage).
Look up a few posts... :-)
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
irianjim irianjim is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oklahoma City
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Vert
I see my car was feet dry at 11:42 am this morning, so she is officially on American soil. Now if we can get it here to Oklahoma by Thanksgiving.....progress, anyway. I am getting more excited. We have been having great weather and I am hoping to get it here and the top down a day or two before winter......
__________________


2013 335i - ED September 2012
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Meg180 Meg180 is offline
Registered User
Location: Staten Island, NY
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: Jet Black 135is
Hello all, I was also on the Turandot but was not an ED delivery. I just checked the W&W website and this is what I saw:

DELIVERED FROM BALTIMORE, MD 06-11-2012 08:37:40 1
LINER RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 05-11-2012 09:46:10
CUSTOMS RELEASE WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ 05-11-2012 00:00:00
DISCHARGED BALTIMORE, MD 03-11-2012 23:59:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 18-10-2012 09:52:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 17-10-2012 22:00:00 1
BOOKED BREMEN 11-10-2012 15:50:08 1

Does the "delivered from" line mean that the car was dropped off at the NJ VPC?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-06-2012, 07:23 PM
itsmeAnuj itsmeAnuj is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Mein Auto: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg180 View Post
Hello all, I was also on the Turandot but was not an ED delivery. I just checked the W&W website and this is what I saw:

DELIVERED FROM BALTIMORE, MD 06-11-2012 08:37:40 1
LINER RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 05-11-2012 09:46:10
CUSTOMS RELEASE WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ 05-11-2012 00:00:00
DISCHARGED BALTIMORE, MD 03-11-2012 23:59:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 18-10-2012 09:52:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 17-10-2012 22:00:00 1
BOOKED BREMEN 11-10-2012 15:50:08 1

Does the "delivered from" line mean that the car was dropped off at the NJ VPC?
I do not have the answer to your question but your car is ahead of mine. I wonder if your car is on route to your dealer and bypassing the VDC since it's not an ED car?

I have an ED car and still no updates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-06 at 10.23.12 PM.png
Views:	40
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	348637  
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 AM
dmurray14 dmurray14 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
The NJ VDC has reopened as of this morning, hopefully they will process our cars quickly (and this incoming nor'easter won't interfere).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 AM
GerWil GerWil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 320
Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Man, that's really weird. With the Jersey VDC closed, I can't understand why they're bringing it up there to process. Hopefully the cars that don't need to be "fixed" will go directly to the dealers.

Does your car show Status Quantity 1 next to Customs Release on the WW site?
I checked this morning and "1" does not appear in the status area, but my car has cleared, according to BMW NA
__________________
2007 335xi (ED 5/10/07, Redelivery 7/12/07)
2010 335i-xdrive (ED 10/19/09, Redelivery 12/30/09)
2013 335i xDrive (ED 9/15/12), Redelivery 11/23/12) mineral grey
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 AM
dmurray14 dmurray14 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerWil View Post
I checked this morning and "1" does not appear in the status area, but my car has cleared, according to BMW NA
Same here. We were thinking about it, and I think all the ED cars probably go to NJ because they need work done - most of them will need maps reloaded and some other stuff taken care of, which MB probably can't do for them. Likely only brand new, non-ED cars can make it through MD.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Same here. We were thinking about it, and I think all the ED cars probably go to NJ because they need work done - most of them will need maps reloaded and some other stuff taken care of, which MB probably can't do for them. Likely only brand new, non-ED cars can make it through MD.
They no longer reload maps, they just have to put in an activation code. At least in the case of the new NAV.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 AM
dmurray14 dmurray14 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
They no longer reload maps, they just have to put in an activation code. At least in the case of the new NAV.
Still, that may be something that only BMW can do (not MB).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:28 PM
GerWil GerWil is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vermont
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 320
Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
They no longer reload maps, they just have to put in an activation code. At least in the case of the new NAV.
Just curious. Does that mean the Europe map software remains on the hard drive?
__________________
2007 335xi (ED 5/10/07, Redelivery 7/12/07)
2010 335i-xdrive (ED 10/19/09, Redelivery 12/30/09)
2013 335i xDrive (ED 9/15/12), Redelivery 11/23/12) mineral grey
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerWil View Post
Just curious. Does that mean the Europe map software remains on the hard drive?
USB stick that they plug into the USB port in the center console.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:48 PM
mlevack mlevack is offline
First ED 9/17 650i vert
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 650i vert ED
BMW is still in transition with the navigation systems. The newer systems are installed with US maps, then they use a USB thumb drive for the European Maps while you are in Europe. This does not require map reprogramming. The current / previous navigation is programmed with European Maps and has to be re-programmed. The advantage with the new system is that they do not need to re-program the system, the down side is that the USB drive uses the USB port, so you can't use it for your ipod or phone.
__________________

2013 650i Individual Convertible (ED)
2011 328i Convertible (retired)
2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevack View Post
BMW is still in transition with the navigation systems. The newer systems are installed with US maps, then they use a USB thumb drive for the European Maps while you are in Europe. This does not require map reprogramming. The current / previous navigation is programmed with European Maps and has to be re-programmed. The advantage with the new system is that they do not need to re-program the system, the down side is that the USB drive uses the USB port, so you can't use it for your ipod or phone.
I can't speak for other models but on the 5 that was not an issue as there is more than 1 USB port.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
dmurray14 dmurray14 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevack View Post
BMW is still in transition with the navigation systems. The newer systems are installed with US maps, then they use a USB thumb drive for the European Maps while you are in Europe. This does not require map reprogramming. The current / previous navigation is programmed with European Maps and has to be re-programmed. The advantage with the new system is that they do not need to re-program the system, the down side is that the USB drive uses the USB port, so you can't use it for your ipod or phone.
Exactly...CIC systems still have the maps loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
I can't speak for other models but on the 5 that was not an issue as there is more than 1 USB port.
Yes, but only the center console port takes the maps, and only the center console port can accept an iphone/ipod. You can't use both.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms