Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
My friend asking me for this deal? Should I consider it?

He asking me to trade my 09 650i fully loaded convertible, darkwood trim CPO with 62,000 miles with his 07 M6 coupe 56,000 miles (ugly wood trim, no sun roof). He said he gonna compensate me extra $3,000 cash. So far I don't think it's a good deal since the M6 isn't CPO and it's impossible to get an aftermarket warranty for M6. Should I pass the deal? However, owning a M6 is pretty fun for modification and track day isn't it?

P.S: He said it's fine if I wanna refund my ext warranty, he can just get from Auto Pom or smth.

Hope will learn some good advise about the comparison between 650 and M6. Thank guys.

Peace!
Ads by Google
Old 11-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
I wouldn't do it b/c I wouldn't want to give up my convertible, and since you live in sunny SoCal, it would seem like a convertible would be a must.

You can do a search to find all the usual performance comparison points between M6 and six series, but since you mention CPO and extended warranty in your OP, it would seem to me that you're better off sticking with your 650 due to increased repairs, maintenance and operating costs (gas and insurance) of the M6. Others on this forum have owned both and can chime in.

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
The M6 as a track car is not really a good fit. Very heavy, expensive tires and parts, etc. Most of the guys on the M6 board don't, there are a very few though.

If you track your 6 then moving to an M6 would be an upgrade for you. But if your intention is to become a track guy because of the M6...not so sure that is the best move.

Last edited by tampamark; 11-07-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
I second what Mark says. The M6 is not much better on the track than the 650i. They are both way too heavy. You will rapidly burn through tires, brakes and suspension bushings due to the weight.

The 6er is a very fast and capable car on the track; my 650i is only a few seconds a lap slower than my heavily modded M3, but I can only do about 5 or 6 laps before tires and brakes are overheated where the M3 can run all day long without a break on the track.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Last edited by Yorgi; 11-07-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo - though vs through
Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
Thanks for all your advise. I was just thinking about if I do all the exhaust system and M6 conversion will cost me the same with selling my 650i and get some M6 similar to mine. But I think it's better to just stay with my 650i. There is none M6 aftermarket warranty so far as I do a search for the last couple of days. I know it's costly for M6 parts too.

I just told my friend a no and joke him that "I will trade my car with your if you can get me extended warranty + maintenance till 100,000 miles as mine 650".