Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)

F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current)
BMW's entrance into the 4 door coupe segment to go head to head with the Audi A7 and MB CLS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM

Mein Auto: '14 458 Coupe
BMW Voice Commands

Hi Everyone...new member here. I am very close to pulling the trigger on a nicely equipped black sapphire/black full leather 650GC. I am coming out of a '12 Audi A8 and had a question/concern about the voice command (VC) in the BMW.

The Audi has an amazing infotainment system including a VC system that is great. For example, I could hit the VC steering wheel button and say "Dial John Smith mobile", the system displays the info on the screen and asks "Would you like to dial the number?". While the system is responding, I would hit the VC button again (which interrupts the system's feedback) and say "yes". That's it. It's now dialing this contact's mobile number.

The contact directory form my iPhone is loaded into the system each time I start the car so I never had to make any sort of entries.

When I test drove the 650GC on Friday, I paired my iPhone and attempted the same type of scenario. It wouldn't work. It would bring up my redial list.

Is the BMW system not capable? Am I doing something wrong? The salesman wasn't sure so I am turning to the forum for help. Thanks in advance.

Jon
Advertisement