Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 11-10-2012, 06:07 PM

Mein Auto: Jeep
New to BMW...Advice on 528xi purchase please.

Hello Folks,

I must confess that I am new to BMW (actually not an owner yet but have been working a deal for 2 days) and wanted to ask for some advice on my possible purchase on Monday.

For the last two weeks I have driven 7 different BMW's............... 1-535, 3-535xi, 1-528 and 2- 528xi. The power of the 535's was great but in the end I prefered the 528xi, it just seemed to ride the smoothest and most of my driving will be in and around town.....unfortuantly with lots of traffic lights.

So here's my situation and observations and concerns.

1. The car needs window tinting, it just doesn't look sporty with the clear glass. I know thats an easy fix but I wonder why on such an expensive car they didn't tint the glass darker.

2. The 17 inch wheels don't really excite me, can the AWD 528 be upgraded to 18 inch wheels and if so where would you get them and at what cost.

3. How does this deal sound? Again I have never bought a BMW so I'm hoping the board can lend some buying expertise.

The car is a 2010 528xi, black on black with Premium pkg. It has 43k miles, one owner, and comes with a CPO warranty. I noticed a few (maybe 6) small front hood paint specs from the road, but otherwise paint is nice. The inside still smells new, and the car rides GREAT. The dealer is asking $32,499 and states no room due to CPO. Also wants $399 dealer fee and taxes, tags, etc.

They will throw in window tint and new floor mats of my choice. Will not do any deals on upgrading wheels and tires. (it was a long shot but I had to ask).

Anyway, how does this deal sound? Fair.....Great......Good.......Bad.

We are going to talk again on Monday to try and firm up the purchase.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. Also, is there anything else I need to look into regarding the car?

Regards,

Mally.
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 528XI
This is not a great deal. I bought my car (a 2008 528xi) in 2010. Like yours, it was two years old at the time. I paid exactly $32,000. The mileage was also 32K. It was CPO and came with Premium, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation, Sat. radio, USB and fold down seats in the rear. Are there any other options on the car you are looking at besides Premium Pkg? If not, I think the price is a bit high considering the mileage is already at 43K.
I suggest looking at some others on Cars.com and Autotrader.com for comparitive pricing.

PP, CWP, NAV, satelite radio, USB, Folding Rear Seats.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:56 AM

Thanks for the reply,

I went back over the paper work, it says....."Premium pkg, Value Pkg?, Heated seats, Navagation,Sat radio and more"

I checked some other line sources and found identical cars with CPO from a low of $28,900 all the way to high 30's. There were 2 that were very similiar to the one I'm looking at and the most expensive is $31,900 and the least is $29,000. They only have 34k and 36k miles but are 2 1/2 hours away. May be worth the drive to save 3 grand if my local dealer wont budge.

Do those prices sound more in line? Not really sure what the market is on a 2010 528xi.

Thanks,
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi M, Range Rover, 911
Add Msport pkg

2013 550 xi Msport
2005 Range Rover HSE Grey/Grey
2009 MB C 300 4Matic
1997 Porsche 993 C4S Black/Black
2005 Jeep TJ
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 AM

Apparently the value package is:

Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
ipod connection
leather
Nav
ski bag
headlight washer

Stated it was a free option on all 2010 528xi so should the dealer really try and mark-up this car because of a "free option"
Old 11-12-2012, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 528XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMally View Post
Thanks for the reply,

I went back over the paper work, it says....."Premium pkg, Value Pkg?, Heated seats, Navagation,Sat radio and more"

I checked some other line sources and found identical cars with CPO from a low of $28,900 all the way to high 30's. There were 2 that were very similiar to the one I'm looking at and the most expensive is $31,900 and the least is $29,000. They only have 34k and 36k miles but are 2 1/2 hours away. May be worth the drive to save 3 grand if my local dealer wont budge.

Do those prices sound more in line? Not really sure what the market is on a 2010 528xi.

Thanks,
A free option to me means "standard equipment". I don't know much about the 2010's but I would definitely drive the 2.5 hours to save a few grand plus tax. Keep in mind you will get them to drop the price a bit also when you drive over there, so you should save over 3 grand. You can show the ads to the dealer of the present car and tell him you will take a hike if he doesn't want to come down some more. But I would still rather go with a car in the 30k range for mileage as you are getting an obvious longer base warranty up to 50K miles.

PP, CWP, NAV, satelite radio, USB, Folding Rear Seats.