Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Prost's Avatar
Prost Prost is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 992
Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
Well, today I made the final decision. I was going to purchase a 135is or 335is but the leases on M3 improved so much this month I could not resist.

Here is the deal I agreed upon today. I placed my order this morning and already received my production number.

MSPRP: $66,595
SELLING PRICE: $57,920
REBATE: $1500 (Holiday Cash)
TERM: 36 months
RATE: .00106 due to max MSDs
ACT FEE: $725
DOC FEE: $399

If I coundt the doc fee I am getting the M3 for $750 over invoice before the Holiday Cash. After Holiday cash I am paying around $750 below EU Invoice.

This was a long journey. The funny thing is I started looking at a 328i manual Sedan and worked my way up the BMW lineup because I could not find a car that fit all my needs. The 135is and 335is was close but the M3 is my dreamcar.

Here is what I am getting

2013 BMW M3 w/ 6spd Manual

300 Alpine White
4MY Carbon Leather interior Trim
NCH2 Fox Red Novillo Leather
Z19 Double Spoke (Style 219M) Satin Chrome finish M light alloy wheels
(18 x 8.5 front, 18 x 9.5 rear; 245/40 front and 265/40 rear performance tires)

223 Electronic Damping Control
494 Heated front seats
609 Navigation system
615 Online Information Services
620 Voice Command
639 BMW Assist
6FL iPod and USB adapter
6NN Hands Free Bluetooth
6UH Real Time Traffic Information
7KB Navigation, BMW Assist w/ enhanced BT & USB

Is this the deal of "end of this year" similar to last year's M3 Conv. Lease?
__________________
1992 325i Convertible M-Technic II Appearance Package
2005 X3 3.0i (Lease return in 2008)
2006 330i (Lease return 2009)
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 PM
cchrisv cchrisv is offline
Blue Bimmer!
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 217
Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prost View Post
Is this the deal of "end of this year" similar to last year's M3 Conv. Lease?
What does that mean?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Prost's Avatar
Prost Prost is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 992
Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
What does that mean?
Last Dec someone can lease an M3 Conv loaded for $600 per month, I think it's for 24 months lease...is this one comparable?
__________________
1992 325i Convertible M-Technic II Appearance Package
2005 X3 3.0i (Lease return in 2008)
2006 330i (Lease return 2009)
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 AM
chrischeung chrischeung is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,293
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Comparable. Residual is the same, MF is very slightly lower now (overall market interest rates are lower so basically the same).

Pros Now (subjective)
- This applies to the M3 coupe vs convertible

Cons Now (subjective)
- Your car will be dated as soon as the new M3 is out (or even in style when the new coupe is out)
- You need to find a dealer willing to burn a dealership allocation for you

In summary, I'd do it if you are in the market for a car, the M3 fits your needs, and you can get a reasonable deal. I wouldn't do it if you didn't need a car, or wanted to make some money out of the deal.
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 11-08-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Prost's Avatar
Prost Prost is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 992
Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
...In summary, I'd do it if you are in the market for a car, the M3 fits your needs, and you can get a reasonable deal. I wouldn't do it if you didn't need a car, or wanted to make some money out of the deal.
Chrischeung, good point
__________________
1992 325i Convertible M-Technic II Appearance Package
2005 X3 3.0i (Lease return in 2008)
2006 330i (Lease return 2009)
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Tricky Tricky is offline
Registered User
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
- You need to find a dealer willing to burn a dealership allocation for you
This is the biggest hurdle. I've been really looking (including sponsors here) and so far with no luck. January or February production is no problem, but there goes the promos.
__________________
2006 330i | Sport | Premium | 6 spd | ....
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
This is the biggest hurdle. I've been really looking (including sponsors here) and so far with no luck. January or February production is no problem, but there goes the promos.
Use a CA dealer like Greg or Justin, this will give you 90 days from the day the incentive ends.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Chuck W.'s Avatar
Chuck W. Chuck W. is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Agoura Hills (LA) CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 942
Mein Auto: 12 BMW 535I MS Alpine Wht
I will do an ED on the next generation M3. December of 2013 or January 2014. When I do chrischeung will be one I turn to to make sure I am on the right track. He is locked in on these purchases.
__________________
2012 BMW 535I 24,000 Miles
ED Pick Up on 12/03/2011; US Pick Up on 01/27/1012
Alpine White, M Sport, Blk Nappa, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, Premium, Premium Sound, Tech, Sports Trans, Active Cruise, Heads-Up

Mods - Quad Exhaust Tips, HID Fog Lights, Clear Front Reflectors, M5 Spoiler, Calipers Painted Black, 12.5 mm Rear Wheel Spacers, Tint - 5% Rear, 35% Front & 50% Windshield - BlackVue DR500GW Dash Cam, Blendmount for Valentine One

Coding by tuesday (aka; itschase) (Chase)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Prost's Avatar
Prost Prost is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 992
Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
So tempting to get one...when is the last time you can get a decent M3 for 600 something?
__________________
1992 325i Convertible M-Technic II Appearance Package
2005 X3 3.0i (Lease return in 2008)
2006 330i (Lease return 2009)
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM
chrischeung chrischeung is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,293
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Unless you need a car now, you're better off paying 50% more in 1.5 years time on the new M3 (just throwing out a big number, not saying it will be that great a difference). Every new BMW is better/more desirable than the last. For example - how many folks do you see wanting the E60 V10 M5 over the F10 V8TT M5? Or E46 I6 M3 over the E92 V8 M3? Sure, perhaps the engine may not be as expected being turbo charged (it'll be more powerful), but the rest of the car will be a lot better - suspension, safety, brakes, interior, etc.

Bottom line. Number of months you don't need another car x $600 = money that can be applied to another car (potentially the new M3). Jump on the deal if you need another car within the next 3 months, or can sell your current car cost effectively and would really like the current M3 for 3 years. But to just lease an occasional driver to occupy a spot in the garage and all the other overhead that comes with a car seems generally unintelligent. I floated the idea to my wife about replacing her 2008 Mazda6 with the M3 (she has 20K miles on the clock), but she's negative on it. But if money is not an issue, and you don't have anything better to do with that money, why not?
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 11-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 AM
cchrisv cchrisv is offline
Blue Bimmer!
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 217
Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
Unless you need a car now, you're better off paying 50% more in 1.5 years time on the new M3 (just throwing out a big number, not saying it will be that great a difference). Every new BMW is better/more desirable than the last. For example - how many folks do you see wanting the E60 V10 M5 over the F10 V8TT M5? Or E46 I6 M3 over the E92 V8 M3? Sure, perhaps the engine may not be as expected being turbo charged (it'll be more powerful), but the rest of the car will be a lot better - suspension, safety, brakes, interior, etc.

Bottom line. Number of months you don't need another car x $600 = money that can be applied to another car (potentially the new M3). Jump on the deal if you need another car within the next 3 months, or can sell your current car cost effectively and would really like the current M3 for 3 years. But to just lease an occasional driver to occupy a spot in the garage and all the other overhead that comes with a car seems generally unintelligent. I floated the idea to my wife about replacing her 2008 Mazda6 with the M3 (she has 20K miles on the clock), but she's negative on it. But if money is not an issue, and you don't have anything better to do with that money, why not?
You say this like its a fact.

If every decision you make is based on the idea that something better will be coming down the road then you'll never make a decision. How did you get married? Something better could have come along eventually.

The M3 is the car I want so it is the car I am buying. If the M4 is something I want next year then I will likely pick up one at the end of this lease. At that point it should be in its 2nd year of productions (I dont buy 1st year cars).
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
You say this like its a fact.

If every decision you make is based on the idea that something better will be coming down the road then you'll never make a decision. How did you get married? Something better could have come along eventually.

The M3 is the car I want so it is the car I am buying. If the M4 is something I want next year then I will likely pick up one at the end of this lease. At that point it should be in its 2nd year of productions (I dont buy 1st year cars).
Not sticking up for ChrisCheung as he can take care of himself, but did I miss a post?

He makes a valid points, and in the end mentions that if money is not an issue and you just want it then go for it... Not sure why you got your panties in a bunch or did I misread it?
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM
cchrisv cchrisv is offline
Blue Bimmer!
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 217
Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Not sticking up for ChrisCheung as he can take care of himself, but did I miss a post?

He makes a valid points, and in the end mentions that if money is not an issue and you just want it then go for it... Not sure why you got your panties in a bunch or did I misread it?
My panties is far from being in a bunch. You are reading things into the post that simply dont exist. Go find drama somewhere else.

The post I was responding too was quoted in my response. His post brought up two points 1.) New BMW are better and more desirable. 2.) You shouldn't buy something when something better might come up down the road.

My post said I do not agree. Not every new BMW is more desireable than the last, or better and if you always wait on the next best thing you'll never commit to something because something better could always come down the road.

I am positive ChrisCheung can handle a back and worth conversation.

Last edited by cchrisv; 11-09-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM
chrischeung chrischeung is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,293
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
You say this like its a fact.

The M3 is the car I want so it is the car I am buying.
No - I say it like it is my opinion. Why didn't you get the M3 2 years ago? Or 4 years ago? If you can answer that, then that will go a long way as to answering why you are getting it now.

The answer is probably something like, I couldn't afford it at the time, or I wasn't in the market for a car at the time. I'm not saying this is not a good deal - it's a SCREAMING DEAL. I'm just saying that it is only a good deal if the circumstances are right. Otherwise it is not something that people should jump on. And I'm 99% sure a better deal on the future M3 or a different car will come along in future. So it's not the deal of a lifetime - something to really go out of your way to get. You're proably better off paying more for this car in 6 months time, if you don't need a car in the next 6 months, than paying a lease for 6 months for something unused.

Haven't you ever bought something for the deal, only to find out later that it wasn't a good fit, or something that you didn't really need, so overall wasn't really a good deal?
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 11-09-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
My panties is far from being in a bunch. You are reading things into the post that simply dont exist. Go find drama somewhere else.


I am positive ChrisCheung can handle a back and worth conversation.
No drama, must have misread.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM
cchrisv cchrisv is offline
Blue Bimmer!
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 217
Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
No - I say it like it is my opinion. Why didn't you get the M3 2 years ago? Or 4 years ago? If you can answer that, then that will go a long way as to answering why you are getting it now.

The answer is probably something like, I couldn't afford it at the time, or I wasn't in the market for a car at the time. I'm not saying this is not a good deal - it's a SCREAMING DEAL. I'm just saying that it is only a good deal if the circumstances are right. Otherwise it is not something that people should jump on. And I'm 99% sure a better deal on the future M3 or a different car will come along in future. So it's not the deal of a lifetime - something to really go out of your way to get. You're proably better off paying more for this car in 6 months time, if you don't need a car in the next 6 months, than paying a lease for 6 months for something unused.

Haven't you ever bought something for the deal, only to find out later that it wasn't a good fit, or something that you didn't really need, so overall wasn't really a good deal?
4 years ago the M3 was not in my price range
2 years ago I was still in the middle of my CTS lease

Am I buying a car right now because of this deal? No. I need a new car because my lease is ending. However, am I picking the M3 over the 335is I was going to pick up originally because of the deal? Yes.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM
chrischeung chrischeung is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,293
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
I think we're in agreement .

For those who are wondering if the E92 or F30 M3 is better for them, no one will obviously know until the F30 M3 is out. But you can draw some conclusion by looking at the differences between the E92 and regular F30. Only a real concern if you're realistically debating one vs the other right now.

Alternatively, if you're a buyer, wait for the F30 M3, then make a decision. You should be able to pick up a really nice used E92 if you really wanted it over the F30, and likely with a great discount.
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 11-09-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
SD Z4MR's Avatar
SD Z4MR SD Z4MR is offline
(formerly SD 335is)
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,252
Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
I think we're in agreement .

For those who are wondering if the E92 or F30 M3 is better for them, no one will obviously know until the F30 M3 is out. But you can draw some conclusion by looking at the differences between the E92 and regular F30. Only a real concern if you're realistically debating one vs the other right now.

Alternatively, if you're a buyer, wait for the F30 M3, then make a decision. You should be able to pick up a really nice used E92 if you really wanted it over the F30, and likely with a great discount.
Just a point of clarification. The new M3/M4 models will be using a new chassis designation so they won't be F3x chassis designations, they will be F8x chassis designations.

The new M3 will be the F80, the M4 will be either the F82 (Coupe) or the F83 (Cabriolet).

I'm holding out for an F82 M4 European Delivery, probably in 2015 or 2016!
__________________
- Tom
-------
Mine: 2006 Z4 Roadster (E85) | Interlagos Blue Metallic | Black Extended Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Purchased 7/19/12
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!


Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 PM
fq fq is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: IL
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 334
Mein Auto: 745Li
I can replicate your payment by not including the 6% MD tax, however, including that tax raises the payment by about $50. Do you think the dealer is giving you a tax credit (which they sometimes do in states that tax the entire sales price of the car), or maybe the $590 does not include the tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
That includes tax. MD we pay tax on entire car not just on the payment.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM
vm vm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 150
Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
The new M3 will be the F80, the M4 will be either the F82 (Coupe) or the F83 (Cabriolet).
And you are probably missing the F8x M4 Grand Coupe, if it comes to pass.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Raz5219 Raz5219 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 443
Mein Auto: BMW M3 Convertible
You guys should also keep in mind that because his payment is so low, he could easily find someone to assume his lease whenever he wants. You can then pickup whichever newer BMW your heart desires.
__________________


Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Carb Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat - ED 2/21/11

Gone - Space Gray/Black 335i - Sport/Premium/Cold/Nav/Step W/Paddles/Comfort Access/IPOD/PDC - ED 5/31/07
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
cchrisv cchrisv is offline
Blue Bimmer!
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 217
Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by fq View Post
I can replicate your payment by not including the 6% MD tax, however, including that tax raises the payment by about $50. Do you think the dealer is giving you a tax credit (which they sometimes do in states that tax the entire sales price of the car), or maybe the $590 does not include the tax?
I have tax credit because I'm turning in my CTS to the dealership.
__________________
-----
Proud Owner of 2013 335 6spd EBII.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM
mclaren's Avatar
mclaren mclaren is offline
Chairman of the Bored
Location: Central Florida
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,066
Mein Auto: 2013 650i Coupe
My thinking was lease a '13 M3 for 3 years then decide if I want an M4. I wouldn't want the 1st one out of the box so the timing might be just right.
__________________

2012 328i Coupe
2013 650i Coupe ( retired for Porsche 911 )
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM
chrischeung chrischeung is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,293
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz5219 View Post
You guys should also keep in mind that because his payment is so low, he could easily find someone to assume his lease whenever he wants.
I wouldn't count on that. I would recommend expecting to be making every lease payment until maturity. Folks who can afford to lease an expensive car tend to care more about the car they get than the deal - they'll generally want the new M3 if it's out. And those that are looking for a deal, won't like the huge up front deposit in addition to transfer fees. I sold the lease on my E93 M3, and it took quite a while - that for a current model year car, and a monthly payment of $605.

4 potential big turn offs: big deposit up front; new model out; payment, location of the car. The market demand for that type of car, at that exact time, may be limiting.
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 11-13-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 AM
twobrain twobrain is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: Mini S
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrisv View Post
RATE: .00106 due to max MSDs
0.00125-0.00049=0.00076

saw in the other thread you said the current rate was 0.00125. shouldnt the rate after msd be 0.00076 not 0.00106?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms