Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
I was thinking about this post this week. Think people would be interested in a guide to what carseats fit in what cars? Maybe an extension also of what strollers fit into the trunks of what cars? Seems like a website/guide like this doesn't exist.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by link01 View Post
I was thinking about this post this week. Think people would be interested in a guide to what carseats fit in what cars? Maybe an extension also of what strollers fit into the trunks of what cars? Seems like a website/guide like this doesn't exist.
Lol! So true. Reminds of years ago when my wife bought a double stroller to take to Disneyland and it took up her whole trunk. Before the trip I ended up buying a new car....lmfao...the double stroller with car payments
Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Not really car related, but an extension to this idea would be which carseats fit on which planes. Although, the info is hard to find in this case because even the airlines don't know... We called American airlines five different times and got five different answers.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManGray View Post
Not really car related, but an extension to this idea would be which carseats fit on which planes. Although, the info is hard to find in this case because even the airlines don't know... We called American airlines five different times and got five different answers.
If approved they have a label that says "This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft" in red text. Typically they have a base less than 16 inches.

My take has always been it isn't worth the hassle as they are not easy to find ...but that's my 2 cents...
Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3brian View Post
If approved they have a label that says "This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft" in red text. Typically they have a base less than 16 inches.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I know my carseat is approved, the trouble was trying to figure out if it would actually fit in the row on the plane. Eventually, we found the seat back to seat back measurement, but it didn't indicate how thick the seat back was, so we weren't able to calculate if the seat would actually fit... if the seat back was two inches thick, it would work, but if it was three inches, it wouldn't. If there was a database of which seats fit on which planes (by airlines, since configurations vary), that would be amazing.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManGray View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I know my carseat is approved, the trouble was trying to figure out if it would actually fit in the row on the plane. Eventually, we found the seat back to seat back measurement, but it didn't indicate how thick the seat back was, so we weren't able to calculate if the seat would actually fit... if the seat back was two inches thick, it would work, but if it was three inches, it wouldn't. If there was a database of which seats fit on which planes (by airlines, since configurations vary), that would be amazing.
Wow, learn something every day. I've got a significant amount of freq flyer miles and I've never seen a carseat on an airplane. I didn't even use one when I flew to italy and my son was 1.5 yr old. We just put him on our lap.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
Yup, could not be happier with our Recaros.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

Went from a maxi-cosi rear facing Infant -Seat to a Recaro Pro-ride. Rear facing maxi-cosi was in my former QX56 and 550GT. Current Recaro (Proride) fits in my E92 as well as F25 and MINI without problem using latch system. The only problem with the F25 is the latch connector has a tendency to wrinkle the leather - unlike certain other BMW's with dedicated housings for car-seat latch affix points.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Recaro 1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	349488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Recaro 2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	349489  
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)
Old 11-19-2012, 10:47 AM

Mein Auto: Porsche Boxster S
We have a 2013 X3 35 M-Sport and a 14 month old. We have had the car for 4 months and have not had any trouble with the car seat. We recently transitioned from our infant seat ( Cybex Aton Infant Seat ) to a toddler seat ( Peg Perigo Primo ) and both seats fit perfectly behind the driver. I am 6ft and have plenty of room ( even a little to move back if needed ) and the seat was professionally installed ( safety first ). On top of that, our daughter loves the seat. We have noticed many of the Graco ( and similar price point products ) are very chunky - you might want to look at the Recaro's and Peg Perigo type seat which compliments our vehicles perfectly.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 AM

Mein Auto: A Gamma Goat
Reminds me of this commercial.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaret View Post
Reminds me of this commercial.

Lmao! I can relate to that one. I inherited the x3 from my wife when baby number 3 came. I had to sell my bright red and awesome 08 e88 vert to get her a brand new minivan. Painful at the time but I have to admit the minivan is pretty cool in its own way.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 PM

I was inspired by this thread to create a website to hold information on what carseats fit and don't fit in cars. I just finished it so there aren't any entries in it (besides mine). But I would love the community's help. If you can take some time and enter in your car and car seat, review on the fit of it... other people will be able to search and make a purchase decision on it.
And please, pass it on to other parents so they can put in their carseat and car. If there's enough interest, I might expand it to strollers in trunks.

Goto: cafeconpollo.com/kidcarsafe
Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Quote:
I was inspired by this thread to create a website to hold information on what carseats fit and don't fit in cars. I just finished it so there aren't any entries in it (besides mine). But I would love the community's help. If you can take some time and enter in your car and car seat, review on the fit of it... other people will be able to search and make a purchase decision on it.
And please, pass it on to other parents so they can put in their carseat and car. If there's enough interest, I might expand it to strollers in trunks.

Goto: cafeconpollo.com/kidcarsafe
Engage the folks at http://www.car-seat.org/ and you will get a ton of responses.