Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

BJ
I come to this forum to listen to your funny comments and remarks. The picture made me
Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar View Post
I come to this forum to listen to your funny comments and remarks. The picture made me
Cool.

We're here to have fun, never forget that.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 11-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar View Post
As long as you do not disagree with BJ, for example telling him you are not a 100% badge whore, or you want to drive a 3 series for something other than showing people how rich you are, or insist that you only represent 2% of the 3 series drivers out there, then you should be safe with BJ.

Or if you can't for the life of yours understand what I was talking about above, you should be fine with BJ's jokes too.

Just make sure you do end up driving an F30 Luxury trim very soon, no, not just an F30 with some other stupid trims, because if you drive anything else he will stop talking to you.

BTW, what are you driving now, again?

Last edited by dtc100; 11-13-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
As long as you do not disagree with BJ, for example telling him you are not a 100% badge whore, or you want to drive a 3 series for something other than showing people how rich you are, or insist that you only represent 2% of the 3 series drivers out there, then you should be safe with BJ.

Or if you can't for the life of yours understand what I was talking about above, you should be fine with BJ's jokes too.

Just make sure you do end up driving an F30 Luxury trim very soon, no, not just an F30 with some other stupid trims, because if you drive anything else he will stop talking to you.

BTW, what are you driving now, again?
BJ has mellowed, isn't that guy from 2007 anymore. You missed the memo.

BJ doesn't appreciate E90 owners who come into this forum and take a dump on the F30. I don't think I'm alone in that regard. The ATS stuff was relevant back when it was just a rumor; now that it's here and it's not selling and we can see it's garbage, these threads are just a waste of time. Can be fun, but even that's run its course.

You own an E90 and there's a really good E90 subforum. Perhaps it's time to make some noise over there.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
BJ has mellowed, isn't that guy from 2007 anymore. You missed the memo.

BJ doesn't appreciate E90 owners who come into this forum and take a dump on the F30. I don't think I'm alone in that regard. The ATS stuff was relevant back when it was just a rumor; now that it's here and it's not selling and we can see it's garbage, these threads are just a waste of time. Can be fun, but even that's run its course.

You own an E90 and there's a really good E90 subforum. Perhaps it's time to make some noise over there.

BJ
I know you probably don't find the above issues of yours funny anymore, but they didn't go back in 2007, those were said as late as maybe a month or two ago.

The discussions about the ATS and F30 has no place in the E90 forums. In fact the discussions about some Cadillacs of the 80's have little to do with ATS also, but hey if you think it is a good subject, it must be so.

You leased a Luxury trim F30, probably one of the much lesser F30 trims sold by BMW, driven mostly by ladies anyway, and you hate the m-sport trim, yet you act as if you own the F30 discussions.

The point is, you have little credential to try to dictate who can or cannot talk to you

Last edited by dtc100; 11-14-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 AM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i Sport
Quote:
I know you probably don't find the above issues of yours funny anymore, but they didn't go back in 2007, those were said as late as maybe a month or two ago.

The discussions about the ATS and F30 has no place in the E90 forums. In fact the discussions about some Cadillacs of the 80's have little to do with ATS also, but hey if you think it is a good subject, it must be so.

You leased a Luxury trim F30, probably one of the much lesser F30 trims sold by BMW, driven mostly by ladies anyway, and you hate the m-sport trim, yet you act as if you own the F30 discussions.

The point is, you have little credential to try to dictate who can or cannot talk to you

Why can't people just stop saying their issues?
2002 M3
1988 BMW 325is
Never again anything larger than a 3 series sedan.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzzo View Post
Maybe some of us aren't intense about it but just find it funny. Particularly coming from those who don't own an F30. There aren't too many reasons why one would hang out in a forum for a car they neither own nor intend to buy. But have at it, again, it's entertaining.
Quote:
Why can't people just stop saying their issues?
I thought you enjoyed this. Spoke too soon maybe?

How about you start on the right issues, whatever they are, to put us on the right track?

Last edited by dtc100; 11-14-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I thought you enjoyed this. Spoke too soon maybe?

How about you start on the right issues, whatever they are, to put us on the right track?
I'm absolutely enjoying this.
2002 M3
1988 BMW 325is
Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I'm absolutely enjoying this.
You really need to stop acting like BJ's mistresses, and tell us what you really enjoy, not keep guys guessing
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
You really need to stop acting like BJ's mistresses, and tell us what you really enjoy, not keep guys guessing
I enjoy seeing people making buffoons of themselves. Call it a guilty pleasure.
2002 M3
1988 BMW 325is
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I enjoy seeing people making buffoons of themselves. Call it a guilty pleasure.
That's perfectly fine, I think BJ and I both would be happy to entertain you. Just that we both have mistresses that keep us guessing what issues they want or do not like to talk about, we don't need a guy come in to keep us guessing what issues he wants to talk about.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport
LOL @ this thread...
My take:

I'm still not an owner of the F30, but everytime I see one on the highway I immediately break my neck to look at every curve of it's sexy body and await the day I get mine. I'm no lover or hater of Cadillac, but to the people calling the 328 a woman car, college car, entry level car... Wasn't the ATS designed to steal 3series owners or potential owners. I would think they can be classed one in the same then. Either way, I personally couldn't spend my money on the ATS when I can get an F30. The exterior alone is a turnoff.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:52 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
F30 is so sexy looking, msport is just icing.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i.F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
F30 is so sexy looking, msport is just icing.
So true. I get so many looks while driving that my wife sometimes feel embarrassed. I love it though
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinipirate View Post
LOL @ this thread...
My take:

I'm still not an owner of the F30, but everytime I see one on the highway I immediately break my neck to look at every curve of it's sexy body and await the day I get mine. I'm no lover or hater of Cadillac, but to the people calling the 328 a woman car, college car, entry level car... Wasn't the ATS designed to steal 3series owners or potential owners. I would think they can be classed one in the same then. Either way, I personally couldn't spend my money on the ATS when I can get an F30. The exterior alone is a turnoff.
ATS's more sharp-edge design will likely attract more men than women. From a business standpoint it may not be a good thing. We now have more women licensed to drive than men, and this trend will only intensify. More women are making car purchase decisions too. It is no surprise manufactures try to design their cars cater to women's taste.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
ATS's more sharp-edge design will likely attract more men than women. From a business standpoint it may not be a good thing. We now have more women licensed to drive than men, and this trend will only intensify. More women are making car purchase decisions too. It is no surprise manufactures try to design their cars cater to women's taste.
So it's come to this?

The ATS doesn't sell on the merit of its supposed sports performance so instead it has a chance to sell because its boxy lines are more masculine? We're really going to continue this discussion, really?

No Cadillac will ever sell to a BMW owner until they turn 75 years old. And by then, they don't want a small sports sedan. They want a undewhelming boat. If Cadillac were smart, they'd build a bigger CTS, not a smaller one. Either way, it's not our issue, it's not anything we want to discuss any further.

Savvy?

BJ

Old 11-15-2012, 05:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
saw one last week. ugly as dog crap

I can not, and will not, view the ATS as: Ugly as dog crap.

And it's not a pig, it's a Cadillac.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
So it's come to this?

The ATS doesn't sell on the merit of its supposed sports performance so instead it has a chance to sell because its boxy lines are more masculine? We're really going to continue this discussion, really?

No Cadillac will ever sell to a BMW owner until they turn 75 years old. And by then, they don't want a small sports sedan. They want a undewhelming boat. If Cadillac were smart, they'd build a bigger CTS, not a smaller one. Either way, it's not our issue, it's not anything we want to discuss any further.

Savvy?

BJ
In reality, ATS has softened edges, which is a cause of major complaint among many Cadillac (and mostly CTS) drivers. They view such move, which will happen for the 2014 new and bigger CTS, Cadillac's attempt to cater to the Chinese market.

The early results are far from conclusive, but according to Cadillac, they enjoyed some really nice sales increases last month, and 77% of the ATS takers are new to Cadillac brand. So the fans of the sharp-edged Cadillac design may be unhappy about the softened look, but such new look may be welcomed not just by the Chinese

I find it hard to believe though those 77% of ATS buyers new to Cadillac were all C class or A4 or Buick drivers. There just weren't large enough number of ex-Buick drivers out there to make up for such stats

Last edited by dtc100; 11-15-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswatchco View Post
I really wanted to like the ATS. At least Cadillac is trying. My biggest dissappointment was that all the reviews I've heard say that the shifter is notchy. So bad that it basically ruins the car. Also, with Ford, BMW, and even Scion (FRS) putting amazing looking wheels on their cars, why did Cadillac choose a style that looks like they came off a 1990 Oldsmobile? The optional wheels are the same style just polished! Wow, I had that option on my $17,000 Mazda Protege5 in 2003.
I agree, any Chevrolet or Ford wheels are terrible looking and don't flow well. That chrome look is so 80s also. Cheap is not always better.

Go sit in any non-base Cadillac along side a BMW (any model) and you will definitely appreciate how solid, well-engineered and refined the BMW is. I test drove a Cadillac Escalade a few years back and it was the worst. There were rattles, cheap plastics on the interior, etc. The center armrest had a weak tiny metal hinge that wobbled. It was piss-poor as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going on a rant here..Ford has kind of stepped it up over the past few years and created some fuel-efficient cars with better design and seemingly better build quality, but Chevrolet keeps going in the same circle..."re-inventing" themselves with different looking crap that was no better than their previous crap. They should not have been bailed out. Maybe the government should have just bailed their workers out and trained them for new jobs instead of letting this company continue to produce garbage.

Ooooh, I can't wait to read the follow-up posts...

2008 BMW 335i Retired
2009 BMW 535i Retired

2012 F30 335i sportline (Black Sapphire/Black Leatherette/Black High gloss trim, Technology, Sport Auto, Premium Sound, BMW Apps.)

Last edited by jzcrna; 11-15-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 AM

As a follow-up, I agree they need to offer non-chrome options and better wheels.

What I disagree is a Chevrolet is cheap for the segment it is in. Maybe you are still thinking about a decade ago. I had the opportunity to own a Cruze Eco 6 speed for 6 months for long distance driving, not only did it get around 45 mpg in 70% highway miles, it was very rich in details, fun to drive for the segment, miles ahead of a new Nissan Sentra my company offered. As an example, the 6 spd shifter in the Cruze Eco was better looking than those I saw in the BMWs.

The most shocking to me was how cheap that Nissan Sentra looked and drove. Although I understand they have a new version now.

As far as cutting edge design, the Cadillac CUE is way out there, so much so it could backfire, at least with their old driver base.

Last edited by dtc100; 11-15-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
I can't believe that this ATS subject is still alive. It's obvious that nobody cares about Cadillacs here.

For me, I got stung with a major engine problem (under warranty) in my ZO6 that now many others are having the same problem (with still no legitimate answers from GM as to why, or if their repairs are long term fixes), and I won't be back to a GM product anytime soon. My '08 Tahoe was one of the last to be built in their Milwaukee plant before they closed it and moved their assembly to Mexico and Texas, and it was also the last of the Tahoes to be trouble free. I will not buy a Japanese (bad experience in the past), Korean or Chinese car because they are souless to drive, and IMO, most are just cheap clones of European cars. So, that leaves me with European cars which includes BMWs.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
In reality, ATS has softened edges, which is a cause of major complaint among many Cadillac (and mostly CTS) drivers. They view such move, which will happen for the 2014 new and bigger CTS, Cadillac's attempt to cater to the Chinese market.

The early results are far from conclusive, but according to Cadillac, they enjoyed some really nice sales increases last month, and 77% of the ATS takers are new to Cadillac brand. So the fans of the sharp-edged Cadillac design may be unhappy about the softened look, but such new look may be welcomed not just by the Chinese

I find it hard to believe though those 77% of ATS buyers new to Cadillac were all C class or A4 or Buick drivers. There just weren't large enough number of ex-Buick drivers out there to make up for such stats

Yes! Clearly a design change to attract Oriental, female, and non-gender-specific buyers, Cadillac has thrust its toe in dangerous waters!

Early in the game, manufacturer - Obama handlers? - claims astounding sales stats. What other brand philosophy attracts that level of cash inflow from other brands? How does a new model create such a commanding lead?

Let's put in it perspective. I don't see actual sales figures. What if....GM sold 77 units to buyers formerly or currently owning other brands, but sold just 100 units in total? And what if....77% of ATS buyers are mostly corporate leases, not really BMW defectors at all?

You get the idea. Like a Philadelphia ward where Romney gets not one vote, some things can be massaged. Personally, I feel relaxed and ready for a nap after reading about ATS.

Name:  sleep-039.gif
Views: 307
Size:  8.1 KB

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 11-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 PM

Can't say I understand the above post, but here are two tricked out versions of each, ATS by D3 Group, F30 by 3D Design:

Last edited by dtc100; 11-16-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:
Can't say I understand the above post, but here are two tricked out versions of each, ATS by D3 Group, F30 by 3D Design:

I like it; really bad azz....

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink