Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i M-sport
Smile WeatherTech Cargo Liner

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the WeatherTech cargo liner for their F25?

From what I've seen posted here I don't like the fit of the BMW one. It covers up the passenger side cargo bin which just doesn't seem right.

On the WeatherTech website an installation note is listed which says:

"Cargo Liner will need to be trimmed in the marked locations if customers wish to use the tiedowns for vehicles with Cargo Management rail system. Also includes marked trim line for driver side cargo net and passenger side cargo tray."

If anyone has one of these and has trimmed it as suggested I'd love to know if you are satisfied with the fit.

Thanks all!
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
I do not have the cargo liner trimmed nor in the f25 -- but in my e83 I found the weathertech cargo liner to be absolutely indispensable for hauling "stuff" in the back hatch area. I cannot count the number of times the lipped edge has saved me from cleaning up potting soil, steer manure, spilled plant soil, and water from leaking pots! I haul a lot of gardening junk for my wife (so she will not have her pristine A4 sullied by manure smells). I would not cut it or trim mine in any way. Good luck!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4grrl View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the WeatherTech cargo liner for their F25?

From what I've seen posted here I don't like the fit of the BMW one. It covers up the passenger side cargo bin which just doesn't seem right.

On the WeatherTech website an installation note is listed which says:

"Cargo Liner will need to be trimmed in the marked locations if customers wish to use the tiedowns for vehicles with Cargo Management rail system. Also includes marked trim line for driver side cargo net and passenger side cargo tray."

If anyone has one of these and has trimmed it as suggested I'd love to know if you are satisfied with the fit.

Thanks all!
I have the liner and I trimmed it so it didn't block the driver's side cargo net. I am very satisfied. When I first go the liner, I had to lay it out in the sun so it would warm up in order to lay flat (they roll it up to ship it). Once it was laying flat, I put it in the X3 so I could see exactly how and where it needed to be trimmed. Piece of cake.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the info. Was it easy to trim? Any chance of posting a pic?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: X3 35i, E90 335i, Tundra
I have the WeatherTech cargo liner in my 2013 F25 and I only trimmed the left side to make it fit with the cargo net storage area on the left side. I just used box cutters to trim along the edge. I was concerned at first because the edges were net sitting flat, but after about 20 minutes it flattened out on its own (just as the instructions suggested).

BTW, I also have the DigitalFit floor liners in the front and rear passenger areas and they work just as well as the cargo mat.

If I have one complaint, its that the front passenger mat tends to slide as there are no anchor holes in the mat like the driver side. I'm thinking about using some velcro and double sided tape to help fix this.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
I bought three for three 2012 35is, each with the premium package that include the storage package with, among other features, the rails in the cargo floor. The cuts are easy if you are careful. I used both a box cutter and a strong scissor. The scissor was difficult to maneuver for the small cuts. Be careful not to cut away the water retention ridge at the edge of each cut area. The biggesst drawback is that there are only two locations, extreme front and extreme rear, to cut openings for the D rings that slide within the cargo floor rails for the full length of the cargo area.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 xDrive35i
Here is a pic of where I trimmed the left side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1352850720.922258.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	349461  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: R1150R+
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
I do not have the cargo liner trimmed nor in the f25 -- but in my e83 I found the weathertech cargo liner to be absolutely indispensable for hauling "stuff" in the back hatch area. I cannot count the number of times the lipped edge has saved me from cleaning up potting soil, steer manure, spilled plant soil, and water from leaking pots! I haul a lot of gardening junk for my wife (so she will not have her pristine A4 sullied by manure smells). I would not cut it or trim mine in any way. Good luck!
BMW's to haul manure? Only in the Silicon Valley!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Hey, the BMW folks call the X3 a "Sport Activity Vehicle" -- Gardening is certainly an "activity"....... BTW, I also keep a spray can of lemon scented air freshner in the back just to keep the smell in check.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the info guys and posting the pic.

I've ordered the cargo liner and the DigitalFit front and rear mats. I'll probably cut out the left and right side of the liner so that I can access the storage bins. I think I'll leave the cargo rail cut-outs alone.

I'll let you know how I like everything once I get them.

Thanks again!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Hey btw guys, If you are active duty military and call weathertech and place the order online, they provide a 5% discount and free shipping! Saved myself 40 bucks today when I ordered my front row and rear row digital fit mats and my rear cargo mat. love when companies provide discounts to us troops

Last edited by boogysbmw; 11-20-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention free shipping :)
Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 AM

That for the help everyone.

I installed the WeatherTech cargo liner and the DigitalFit floor mats (front and back) a couple of weeks ago.

I cut out the opening for the cargo rails and only the driver's side cargo net. I left the passenger side storage bin in tack as it is easy to access the bin and I can now also have stuff on top of it.

I'm really happy with the cargo liner. It is super easy to remove and shake out debris and was very easy to cut.

The floor mats are made from a thinner rubber than the OEM all weather mats I have . But I like how they cover the sides too and the rear mat is perfect for kids with muddy shoes and slushy boots. I think the cut out for the gas pedal could have been more precise. There is a big opening around the gas pedal which is a pet peeve area for me. All the debris and snow on your shoe or boot can still rub off and get under the mat.

We need some snow here to really put them to the test, though!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4grrl View Post
That for the help everyone.

I installed the WeatherTech cargo liner and the DigitalFit floor mats (front and back) a couple of weeks ago.

I cut out the opening for the cargo rails and only the driver's side cargo net. I left the passenger side storage bin in tack as it is easy to access the bin and I can now also have stuff on top of it.

I'm really happy with the cargo liner. It is super easy to remove and shake out debris and was very easy to cut.

The floor mats are made from a thinner rubber than the OEM all weather mats I have . But I like how they cover the sides too and the rear mat is perfect for kids with muddy shoes and slushy boots. I think the cut out for the gas pedal could have been more precise. There is a big opening around the gas pedal which is a pet peeve area for me. All the debris and snow on your shoe or boot can still rub off and get under the mat.

We need some snow here to really put them to the test, though!
Sounds great! If you get some time would you mind posting some pictures of them?