Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto: 04 Duramax 09 BMW X5
Hello

First post, short time lurker. I've joined to take advantage of you X5 owners collective knowledge for the purpose of perhaps purchasing a used X5 to replace our very noisy 08 Honda Accord EX-L. The Honda is nice to drive at a reasonable pace but has so much road noise transmitted to the cabin that long trips are annoying, that and the seats are not that comfortable. I've done a number of searches and googled for answers regarding the various options and have had some luck in figuring out what some of the terms used in ads for used units. We will be in NW Washington for the Thanksgiving week and will look at some of the vehicles I have earmarked, probably will have many more questions after that activity. We did test drive an 07 near our home in NW Montana and for the little I was able to sample it, it did seem much quieter on the road (I beleive it had the 18" wheels). One of the disadvantages we may face is the nearest dealer is some 250 miles away.

I am somewhat surprised at the number of negative posts regarding reliability, I would have thought an expensive auto would have less discussion on this subject. I do realize that a specific forum will raise a lot of these posts, but would have thought there would be an near equal amount of rebuttals to those posts rather than the (it's a performance vehicle so that is the norm).

Just as an aside, my screen name just denotes my interest in Off-road motorcycle riding and racing so no need to throw rotten tomatoes or to steer clear of me
Ads by Google