Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2012, 01:20 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
BMW refuses to fix an issue even dealer agrees is their fault.

OK, so I have to rant about something. I have a 2004 530i with 27,000 miles. I took it to the dealer recently for a brake fluid flush, coolant flush and some other basic maintenance. The car also exhibited a very occasional glitch that caused the radio to be muted about 1 out of every 20 times the car was started. If the car was turned off, the problem cleared on restart.
When the dealer looked at my software loaded, they said my car was last upgraded in 2007 and there were 7 software updates. Would I like them installed for $150? I said sure and hoped that the upgrade might clear the occasional muting glitch.
Well, the software upgrade crashed the entire module, so now I have no I-Drive, no radio, and no park assist or anything else associated with I-drive either. The dealer blamed the issue on the software upgrade and assured me that it would most likely be covered by BMW as they caused the issue. Long story short, BMW is refusing to cover anything even though the dealer agreed to eat the entire labor cost in order to take care of the situation.
Now, I am sitting on a $1300 repair bill that I cannot understand how I am responsible for. Has anyone else heard of anything like this? I cannot even get anyone at BMW to explain why it is not being covered. The dealer still stands on their original thought that BMW should have taken care of this.
Any help, thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by PJF; 11-14-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Ads by Google