Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Your Next BMW Could be built in the Netherlands?

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW is in talks with Japanese auto manufacture Mitsubishi to build cars at their Dutch based factory. The factory is currently producing the Mitsubishi Colt and Outlander SUV but production is scheduled to end at the end of the year.

BMW has been tight lipped on the details but with the growing number of cars in the pipe line BMW production capacity must be limited. It is also possible BMW could use the factory to build the growing line of MINI cars and SUVs.

Would a BMW built in the Neatherlands bother you? Would it be more or less appealing then a BMW's currently built in South Africa?

Source autonews.com
This article has been viewed 6326 times.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
I can't see how it would be any different than building them at the Magna Steyr plant in Austria, so, no I don't think it would be an issue for many consumers.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 135i 6MT
At least these cars will have the air intakes mounted a bit higher.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:55 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Where exactly would this be? If anything is better than Germany, it's the Netherlands.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:46 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
NedCar
Op de Baan 8
6121 SG Born
The Netherlands

News reports here say BMW is talking with Nedcar about a short term contract to assemble MINIs.
Nedcar is due to stop building cars for Mitsubishi at the end of 2012. BMW needs additional capacity but only until the expansion of their UK plants is complete.

Nedcar could be ideal. They are a complete all-in-one plant with a press shop, body shop, paint shop and final assembly all at one site. Nedcar is the old DAF plant. It became a Volvo plant when Volvo took over DAF. At some point the plant became a joint venture with Mitsubishi. We owned a US spec Volvo V40 that was built there.

http://www.nedcar.nl/content/view/164/77/lang,en/
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 07-16-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:22 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew*Debbie View Post
NedCar
Op de Baan 8
6121 SG Born
The Netherlands

News reports here say BMW is talking with Nedcar about a short term contract to assemble MINIs.
Nedcar is due to stop building cars for Mitsubishi at the end of 2012. BMW needs additional capacity but only until the expansion of their UK plants is complete.

Nedcar could be ideal. They are a complete all-in-one plant with a press shop, body shop, paint shop and final assembly all at one site. Nedcar is the old DAF plant. It became a Volvo plant when Volvo took over DAF. At some point the plant became a joint venture with Mitsubishi. We owned a US spec Volvo V40 that was built there.

http://www.nedcar.nl/content/view/164/77/lang,en/
Aside from being the capital of smelly cheese, can someone please tell me where Limburg is? I could look it up on Mapquest, but I feel that people who bring it up should provide information.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 soon
Limburg is the southern most province of Netherlands. At the center is the narrowest part of Netherlands, only about 5. km wide. The southern most large city and airport is Maastricht.

I spent a week in the Maastricht area during late Sept. It's a lovely area, not at all as crowded as many other areas, all above sea level and also the sunniest area of Netherlands.

Mandeville