Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: a car
Sport vs m sport front grill

To my knowledge, 328 sport line front grill is bent outward to give it a more aggressive look while 328 m sport just has the normal looking grill. On 335 however, both the sport and m sport have the bent grills. Is my understanding correct? Ive recently seen some pictires of 328 m sport with bent front grills on a dealership website. I was wondering if that was modified, is some different version somehow, or if they used the wrong pictire on the vehicle (335 pictire for a 328).

Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2010 E90 M3
Mostly the difference is the M loses the fog lights in exchange for more airflow underneath. Sport line has those silver fins and the fog lights. Not sure if M has the black kidney grilles either.

I think both look great, I have a sport so I probably am a little biased to lean towards that but in reality both look the best among the different lines.

BMWCCA #471315
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfox335i View Post
Mostly the difference is the M loses the fog lights in exchange for more airflow underneath. Sport line has those silver fins and the fog lights. Not sure if M has the black kidney grilles either.

I think both look great, I have a sport so I probably am a little biased to lean towards that but in reality both look the best among the different lines.

Thanks for the reply. I should have clarified myself however.

The picture I uploaded below shows the grill of a 328 sport line. It pops out at an angle. All the other lines in 328 to my knowledge do not have such angle on their grills even the M sport line. I've seen maybe 4 M sport 328i at different dealerships and their grills are all just plain as the no line 328.

However, I know the 335i M sport has the same looking grill as that of the sport line which pops out.

Yesterday, at a dealership website, I've seen a picture of a 328i (allegedly) whose grill looked like the one below and was wondering if something has changed recently that BMW decided to go with the popping grill for 328 M Sport, or if the dealership was mistakenly using the picture of their 335i instead, or etc.

Does anyone know? Anyone who owns a 328 M sport, do your grills pop out like the picture?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	328i sport front grill.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	349518  

Last edited by kkapdolee; 11-14-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
any sportline car has the grills like that^ chrome surrounding, 8 black slats that stick out...

the msport cars have chrome surrounding, with 11 black slars that do not have an angle on them.

the m performance grill is like the sportline grill with black surrounding(like my avy)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
any sportline car has the grills like that^ chrome surrounding, 8 black slats that stick out...

the msport cars have chrome surrounding, with 11 black slars that do not have an angle on them.

the m performance grill is like the sportline grill with black surrounding(like my avy)
Thanks for the reply. That was actually my understanding as well from what I've seen at the dealerships. 328 M sport has 11 black slats with no angle.

However, I found the picture below from a dealership website. Do you have any idea as to why this one has 8 or 9 black slats that stick out with chrome surroundings from what I can tell?

Also, do 335 M sport come with the M Performance girlls?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	328i m sport grill.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	349525  

Last edited by kkapdolee; 11-14-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapdolee View Post
Thanks for the reply. That was actually my understanding as well from what I've seen at the dealerships. 328 M sport has 11 black slats with no angle.

However, I found the picture below from a dealership website. Do you have any idea as to why this one has 8 or 9 black slats that stick out with chrome surroundings from what I can tell?

That grill looks like it has "carbon fiber" on the edges of the slats.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:

thats a sportline grill as far as i can tell...what does the sticker on the car say? are they trying to charge extra for that grill?

335msport does not come with performance grill...performance grill is all black
Old 11-14-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
thats a sportline grill as far as i can tell...what does the sticker on the car say? are they trying to charge extra for that grill?

335msport does not come with performance grill...performance grill is all black
I don't know if they're charging extra for the grill. I just saw that picture on the website and they don't have a breakdown of the price.

I've actually seen a 335 with either the sport line grill or the performance grill at a local dealership (can't remember if they were all black or not, just that the slats were sticking out). I just thought 335s come with such grills but I guess not?

Did you have to buy your performance grills separately and install them? If so, how much were they? I can't find either grills on shopbmwusa.com.

Last edited by kkapdolee; 11-14-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I don't know if they're charging extra for the grill. I just saw that picture on the website and they don't have a breakdown of the price.

I've actually seen a 335 with either the sport line grill or the performance grill at a local dealership (can't remember if they were all black or not, just that the slats were sticking out). I just thought 335s come with such grills but I guess not?

Did you have to buy your performance grills separately and install them? If so, how much were they? I can't find either grills on shopbmwusa.com.
outside the US, msport cars get the sportline grill.

you can either buy them separate and install them or have them port insalled which i did. they were like 170 installed, a rip off but considering the deal on the car i got i was willing to let the dealer make a little on the grills
Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:

I'd love me some M Performance Girls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 PM
I saw the light!

Mein Auto: 13 F30
Quote:
I wish mine did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
+1

2013 335i F30 M Sport (ZMM, EBII, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB, 688) My ED Trip
2002 E36/7 Topaz Blue Roadster
BMWCCA Member ID: 456926

Last edited by JustinTJ; 11-14-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
haha funny

Sorry for the typo..
Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 PM

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfox335i View Post
Mostly the difference is the M loses the fog lights in exchange for more airflow underneath.
More airflow underneath? For what? I recall reading somewhere that the Euro version of the M-sport has the fogs. I would have liked the fogs.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:26 PM
'12 6MT ZCP e92 M3

Mein Auto: '12 6MT ZCP e92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
More airflow underneath? For what? I recall reading somewhere that the Euro version of the M-sport has the fogs. I would have liked the fogs.

Front brakes/rotors.