Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmybimmer View Post
BTW.. Since mainstream media isn't doing their job, I will... Palestine (Gaza) is under attack, majority of the casualties being young children! You would have to have the heart of a dog, or even less, to kill millions of innocent lives like that. Anyway, before I start raising many red flags up in heree, just thought i'd share to get the word out.. Sickens me to the stomach how not a damn word is being mentioned on the news about this.
What mainstream media are you referring to? NYT and BBC is reporting that fighting has been going on for days, and that 274 missiles have been fired from Gaza into Israel. At this point, I feel pretty indifferent about the whole thing. People need to figure out diplomatic solutions rather than continuing to attack each other for years on end. At what point does one realize that provocation and military exchanges with no real goal are not going to achieve anything? I blame all parties involved.

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Need Some Low

Mein Auto: 1996 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post
Anyway... anyone hear of any good deals for black friday yet?

I need a rad, hoses, water pump, headgasket kit... think thats about it.
I got a teaser email from bimmerworld, but no details.

I'm excitedly waiting as many other 'festers.

The shot heard 'round the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
That presenter is getting waaay too worked up over a tarted up VW Golf.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__
Old 11-15-2012, 12:38 PM
nothing.

Mein Auto: A dream
I was just posting what my status was so people know it is possible. i have had two jobs since i turned 18 years old and maximum hours before that. It is possible people.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 PM
still learnin'

Mein Auto: 1998 328i / 99 540iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnserioJose View Post
I got a teaser email from bimmerworld, but no details.

I'm excitedly waiting as many other 'festers.
so far I have gotten nothing. I fear i'll be in the hospital with my wife having a baby during black friday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight Thirty View Post
I was just posting what my status was so people know it is possible. i have had two jobs since i turned 18 years old and maximum hours before that. It is possible people.
(i'd give you a gold star, but thumbup is best I can do). What are you studying?
Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)
Old 11-15-2012, 01:54 PM
some kid

Mein Auto: whiny 318
Quote:
I can supply this! I have a 2' 3/8" extension... just a matter of me getting it back from my buddy lol.

BTW.. Since mainstream media isn't doing their job, I will... Palestine (Gaza) is under attack, majority of the casualties being young children! You would have to have the heart of a dog, or even less, to kill millions of innocent lives like that. Anyway, before I start raising many red flags up in heree, just thought i'd share to get the word out.. Sickens me to the stomach how not a damn word is being mentioned on the news about this.
I've been hearing it on the news. I've been learning more about it in class, though.

Of course I have pity for the children in Palestine being killed, but it is a fault of Hamas, NOT Israel. Hamas fighters shoot missiles from behind schools, and Israel sends it right back where it came from. If Hamas didn't want children to die, then they wouldn't make an elementary school a front line.

It's a terrible, terrible, thing to do, but it is effective. Now Palestine is able to point blame at Israel for sending missiles at schools. The whole thing really depresses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
What mainstream media are you referring to? NYT and BBC is reporting that fighting has been going on for days, and that 274 missiles have been fired from Gaza into Israel. At this point, I feel pretty indifferent about the whole thing. People need to figure out diplomatic solutions rather than continuing to attack each other for years on end. At what point does one realize that provocation and military exchanges with no real goal are not going to achieve anything? I blame all parties involved.
I have to agree with this. There's really no easy solution to it, though. Senseless fighting over "holy land". As long as they keep believing that they're fighting for their religion, they won't stop.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnserioJose View Post
Damn chad. For that kind of money I could have lived like a king in college. I split a 4 bed, 2 bath apartment and my share was $310. Had to go cheap because out-of-state tuition sucks.

MET is perfect for someone who drops trannies for fun. Perfect fit cj
I'm late to this conversation line but thought I'd throw this in. My last 2 years of college me and 4 of my friends shared an 800 sq ft 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment off campus with rent of $134 per month........................total. $33.50 apiece.
I worked full time at an electronics firm and fortunately due to the cheap rent I was able to pay as I went on tuition and books, etc.

MET is a great major CJ! Stick with it and you'll have no regrets.

The situation in the ME is really frustrating. All the factions have taken such entrenched positions for decades that none believe they can compromise without risk of extinction.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
How do 5 people share 1 bed and 1 bath without killing each other?

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
At what point does one realize that provocation and military exchanges with no real goal are not going to achieve anything? I blame all parties involved.
Apparently infinity is somewhere on the timeline. The U.S imposed an embargo on Cuba in 1960 (full embargo in 1962) to depose Fidel Castro. How has that worked out?! There is effectively no time in recorded history where an embargo has toppled a government and yet here we are 50 years later still expecting results.

All of this just confirms Einsteins definition of insanity - Trying the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
How do 5 people share 1 bed and 1 bath without killing each other?
We did have some offsets in work and school schedules, but I can't say there were never any blows struck or blood spilled.....

Fortunately we were all good friends from High School so that helped some.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
IM DA BES

Mein Auto: A rental
Quote:
What mainstream media are you referring to? NYT and BBC is reporting that fighting has been going on for days, and that 274 missiles have been fired from Gaza into Israel. At this point, I feel pretty indifferent about the whole thing.
If its about counting missiles, Israel is off the charts.. How come they don't count how many missiles were fired from Israel over the past decade+? They light up Gaza constantly for so many years, and each time Gaza throws back a jab, Israel makes it rain on them acting as if defending themselves was not an option.

Quote:
People need to figure out diplomatic solutions rather than continuing to attack each other for years on end. At what point does one realize that provocation and military exchanges with no real goal are not going to achieve anything? I blame all parties involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj.surr View Post
Of course I have pity for the children in Palestine being killed, but it is a fault of Hamas, NOT Israel. Hamas fighters shoot missiles from behind schools, and Israel sends it right back where it came from. If Hamas didn't want children to die, then they wouldn't make an elementary school a front line.

It's a terrible, terrible, thing to do, but it is effective. Now Palestine is able to point blame at Israel for sending missiles at schools. The whole thing really depresses me.

I have to agree with this. There's really no easy solution to it, though. Senseless fighting over "holy land". As long as they keep believing that they're fighting for their religion, they won't stop.
Yeah, unfortunately the solution is not simply a matter of sharing the land.. Both, or should I say all three Abrahamic religions, are standing firm on claiming Palestine as their Holy Land, which are all perfectly correct.. But it's much more than that...

And regarding Israel simply firing back wherever the missiles came from, that's just their excuse to kill as many civilians as possible. If a terrorist hid in NYC and the US wanted to detain him/her, they would go out and search for him in a certain radius where he presumably is... they wouldn't drop missiles in Times Square and hope they terminated him.. This stuff does indeed depress me too. Such is life these days.

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
If a terrorist hid in NYC and the US wanted to detain him/her, they would go out and search for him in a certain radius where he presumably is... they wouldn't drop missiles in Times Square and hope they terminated him.. This stuff does indeed depress me too. Such is life these days.
We used to do this because we wanted to avoid civilian casualties and also wanted to try to get some useful intelligence from them. Now we fire a missile from a drone and take them out along with anyone close by.
Our rationale for doing this is that water boarding was bad and we're no longer water boarding people.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Quote:
If its about counting missiles, Israel is off the charts.. How come they don't count how many missiles were fired from Israel over the past decade+?

And regarding Israel simply firing back wherever the missiles came from, that's just their excuse to kill as many civilians as possible. If a terrorist hid in NYC and the US wanted to detain him/her, they would go out and search for him in a certain radius where he presumably is... they wouldn't drop missiles in Times Square and hope they terminated him.. This stuff does indeed depress me too. Such is life these days.
I agree, it's a terrible situation, but to criticize Israel, you must criticize Palestine as well. Palestinian rockets are frequently sent right into centers of people, and school children are killed frequently in Israel ais well.

I don't think civilians should be a part of any of this, but if you rightly complain that Israelis are killing Palestinian children, should you not also complained the Palestinians are killing Israeli children? Genuinely curious if there's something about this I am not aware of.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM
IM DA BES

Mein Auto: A rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
I agree, it's a terrible situation, but to criticize Israel, you must criticize Palestine as well. Palestinian rockets are frequently sent right into centers of people, and school children are killed frequently in Israel ais well.

I don't think civilians should be a part of any of this, but if you rightly complain that Israelis are killing Palestinian children, should you not also complained the Palestinians are killing Israeli children? Genuinely curious if there's something about this I am not aware of.

YES! This should be the first thing practiced from both parties!! Instead of the people shooting the missiles/bullets (and rocks for most of the Palestinians) paying the price, innocent people/children are getting killed for it! Its worse than war out there, its a freakin genocide.

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Old 11-15-2012, 02:48 PM
some kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
We used to do this because we wanted to avoid civilian casualties and also wanted to try to get some useful intelligence from them. Now we fire a missile from a drone and take them out along with anyone close by.
Our rationale for doing this is that water boarding was bad and we're no longer water boarding people.
Waterboarding was the biggest joke ever. It was used on hundreds of US citizens who volunteered to test it out, but only 3 people that were actually detainees. If so many people volunteered to do it, then how bad could it be? There was one volunteer who even went back for seconds because he couldn't decide if it was cruel torture or not.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
One of my ex-girlfriends' father said he would waterboard me if anything bad happened to her. Ex-Army guy.

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Lulz...

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Engine: Acquired!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1353026880023.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	349687Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1353026916739.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	349688Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1353026933682.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	349689

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: 05 M3 ZCP,04 z4,01 325iT
Loan and insurance secured for the CookieMobile. I pick it up Saturday.

I think I'm going to have to get something Cookie Monster (who is my favorite of any childhood animals) for the car. No wonder I love ILB...it's the same color of Cookie Monster!

"Don't be fooled, she drives with the aggression of a scorned 17 year old"

Last edited by TechieTechie; 11-15-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 PM
some kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieTechie View Post
Loan and insurance secured for the CookieMobile. I pick it up Saturday.

I think I'm going to have to get something Cookie Monster (who is my favorite of any childhood animals) for the car. No wonder I love ILB...it's the same color of Cookie Monster!
Did you say it's from Hartford? Maybe you can swing by my house so I can do a... ya know... uh... PPI? (post-purchase inspection )

Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM

You wouldn't want to do a little test driving, would you? I could use a ride from Acela to Hartford :-)

Stupid dealership has transportation during the week, but not on Saturday. If you're spending thirty-freaking-thousand (on the really low end) on a car, ya think they could offer you transportation. My friend Steph bought a car at an Audi dealership in Westchester county...they delivered the dang thing to her front door. Now THAT is service.

(If not, I totally understand....it is your weekend home from school to spend with your family and girlfriend).

Last edited by TechieTechie; 11-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 PM
some kid

I'm home for 8 days, so it's not a big deal. Depending on what time, I may be busy though. Are you taking the train to New Haven?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bad Luck 46
Quote:
You wouldn't want to do a little test driving, would you? I could use a ride from Acela to Hartford :-)

Stupid dealership has transportation during the week, but not on Saturday. If you're spending thirty-freaking-thousand (on the really low end) on a car, ya think they could offer you transportation. My friend Steph bought a car at an Audi dealership in Westchester county...they delivered the dang thing to her front door. Now THAT is service.

(If not, I totally understand....it is your weekend home from school to spend with your family and girlfriend).
My mom bought her e39 from CT and it was delivered to home

-Dino
Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
jen, would so be all over a test drive if you were a little closer...but alas, i fear i would be tempted to do one of these...

df
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfaster View Post
jen, would so be all over a test drive if you were a little closer...but alas, i fear i would be tempted to do one of these...

df
Is it really sad that I've bought a race ready sports car and I don't know how to do one of those?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 PM
some kid

Quote:
Is it really sad that I've bought a race ready sports car and I don't know how to do one of those?
I can teach you

Closed Thread