Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
New 335i Owner, European Delivery Wahoo

Hi guys, just took delivery of a 335i, sport, dark blue, all the bells and whistles...love the HUD. European delivery was freakin awesome, minus the photo speeding ticket I just got in the mail! It's all good though. Did 2 days in Munich, 2 in Salzberg, 2 back in Garmisch, 1 day in Switzerland (way overpriced) 1 in Spangdalem, then to Reims France for two days (bullet train to Paris), then to Frankfurt for the drop off and trip home. It was the perfect trip for my wife and I. Now I am going through Auto Bahn withdrawls, waiting on my car to make the trip over....Can't wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Europe Trip 2012 331.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	348721  
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 540i
Yes, it was awsom, took delivery of a 335 iX sedan Oct 20, 2012. Could only spend 2 days in the Munich area, stopped and spent a day at Dachau Concentration Camp, then went to Dachau Castle. The View from the patio behind Dachau Castle was phenominal. Had an expresso & a pastry and returned back to Munich & went to the Opera and saw Tosca, well worth it. Next day drove to the Castles Hogenschagnau & Neuschanstein, about a hour & 45 minute trip each way, made it back to Munich Airport dropoff before 1900 (paid the addiotional 50 euro for late drop-off) stayed at the Kimpinsky Airport. I had a 920 departure next day for Bucharest. Sitting here now waiting for my car to arrive. The shipping agent was kind enough to share the particulars about the transport, got the Vessal Name, departure date, arrival date & port via email one week after drop off. Was able to follow the ships progress at least when it was near any major port for free on MarineTraffic.com. (you have to pay a fee if you want to follow it in international waters). My ship the Don Juan is currently off the coast of Long Island due in to NY today. Wonder how log it will take my deraler to pick it up and deliver it.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Hi guys, just took delivery of a 335i, sport, dark blue, all the bells and whistles...love the HUD. European delivery was freakin awesome, minus the photo speeding ticket I just got in the mail! It's all good though. Did 2 days in Munich, 2 in Salzberg, 2 back in Garmisch, 1 day in Switzerland (way overpriced) 1 in Spangdalem, then to Reims France for two days (bullet train to Paris), then to Frankfurt for the drop off and trip home. It was the perfect trip for my wife and I. Now I am going through Auto Bahn withdrawls, waiting on my car to make the trip over....Can't wait.
Congrats on the new car

(You`re not REALLY gonna pay that ticket, are you ? )

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 PM

yea...the ticket was sent registered mail, but it was all in German, and the postman had no idea what to do. Technically, as much as I can get translated, I have two weeks to pay the ticket upon "physical notification" of the ticket. I don't really give a rats ass, mostly because I don't recognize the place where they said I got it. I figure if they send another one, or hunt me down for their 93 Euros, I'll pay it, but sending me a letter (no photo) with a request to wire money to a 13 digit bank account in Munich?!?!?!? Really? I find it rather amusing. Maybe the joke's on me when I return in a couple of years for a visit and they haul me to jail for a few days. Man the auto bahn was a good time though.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the info on the marinetraffic.com, I was able to see the boat before it went off the radar. Apparently the Rigel Leader was put into service on 15 Nov 2012, so this is it's maiden voyage...Titanic anyone?!?!?! This is the only part that sucks about the Euro delivery. They told me it would take 7-10 days to get it from LA to Boise, Idaho once it reached port. Hate to say it, but my concern for you is what shape is the New York port in, or how backed up are they? Sorry to bring it up.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
99 percent of the time they will waive it for those from the USA if you call and explain. You could post the letter on the f30 forum as there are a couple Germans on the boards that could translate and explain what needs to be done. If you want to do ED again I would handle it.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
sounds like an awesome time

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750i Xdrive M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Thanks for the info on the marinetraffic.com, I was able to see the boat before it went off the radar. Apparently the Rigel Leader was put into service on 15 Nov 2012, so this is it's maiden voyage...Titanic anyone?!?!?! This is the only part that sucks about the Euro delivery. They told me it would take 7-10 days to get it from LA to Boise, Idaho once it reached port. Hate to say it, but my concern for you is what shape is the New York port in, or how backed up are they? Sorry to bring it up.
Nope, the Rigel Leader has made a number of prior voyages. More importantly, she arrived this morning in Port Hueneme and our cars should be being discharged! Mine is a 650i xDrive Coupe that I dropped in Bremerhaven on 5 November, so pretty decent timing (so far). Getting anxious to see her here; any bets on whether that's before Xmas?

Mike