Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335Is
1st and last Color thread..Promise

On the brink of submitting my 335is order but color choice has not been decided & since the selection is some what limited how about a suggestion?? In the past have worn the Space and Titanium Silver along with Jet Black now currently in AW..Thanks people.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: '08 335xi (E90)
A stunning car deserves a stunning color, therefore I vote Le Mans Blue or Crimson Red. g/l
At port: March 19, 2008
Shipped on Graceful Leader: March 21, 2008
Arrived Port Hueneme: April 11, 2008
At dealer's: April 19, 2008
Delivered: April 21, 2008
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
Alpinweiss is elegant, yet sporty. It is also a very practical color in hotter climates (may not apply to CT). Finally, it is one of the few free colors.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Did you ever narrow down your choice for the interior? That is sometimes the decision maker.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
I didn't realize that you could still order a 335is. It's a great car and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

We test drove a LeMans Blue with a Saddle Brown Dakota Leather interior and it was really spectacular. I have the silver with black interior (silver is easy to maintain), but if I had to do it over again, I'd get this combination.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I didn't realize that you could still order a 335is. It's a great car and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

We test drove a LeMans Blue with a Saddle Brown Dakota Leather interior and it was really spectacular. I have the silver with black interior (silver is easy to maintain), but if I had to do it over again, I'd get this combination.
I was just as surprised as yourself and as soon as I found out this great info. and really really good deals going it was an easy choice since i will not purchase an F30(Bad looks not so good drive) Beden often admired yours in titanium and love the easy upkeep and interior options much more flexible.Thanks for the reply
Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Did you ever narrow down your choice for the interior? That is sometimes the decision maker.
Hey Kat..If I choose a color such as Crimson or Lemans I will return to the gloom of black interior but if it's Sapphire Black/Titanium/Mineral I could go off my nut and take the Coral Red! Sound crazy??
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop362 View Post
I was just as surprised as yourself and as soon as I found out this great info. and really really good deals going it was an easy choice since i will not purchase an F30(Bad looks not so good drive) Beden often admired yours in titanium and love the easy upkeep and interior options much more flexible.Thanks for the reply
The silver is tough to pass up because it usually looks good without much effort. The blue will need more attention in the form of regular detailing and periodic polishing, but damn, that car did look real good at the dealer. I saw it about a year after I got my car.

Did they change the brown interior color since 2012? The interior brown in the car we drove looked more like a baseball glove brown. The color I just saw on the BMW site looks darker and muddier. It may be just my computer monitor?

Are you going with the 19" wheel option or the standard 18" wheels?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Hey Kat..If I choose a color such as Crimson or Lemans I will return to the gloom of black interior but if it's Sapphire Black/Titanium/Mineral I could go off my nut and take the Coral Red! Sound crazy??
The coral red, IMO, is too bright. I love the red interior in our M3 (space grey exterior) but it's more of a brick color. But hey, it's your car and yours to enjoy.

I polished my 335is yesterday and took it for an extended ride. This car is definitely a keeper!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
The coral red, IMO, is too bright. I love the red interior in our M3 (space grey exterior) but it's more of a brick color. But hey, it's your car and yours to enjoy.

I polished my 335is yesterday and took it for an extended ride. This car is definitely a keeper!
Believe me I fear the CR interior as well!! Kind of an alternative but doubtful I'll pull the trigger(Too Bright) The Saddle Brown does look pretty sweet but that's the one I have never seen in the flesh but admired in photo's so we'll see. Honestly I see more M3's up here by a landslide over the "IS" which is appealing..Why?? Going with the 19' 313 style and really like the look better than the standard 18 inchers plus heard the 19's are forged but my C/A is clueless but researching,Any issues with the 19's for you i'm assuming you're driving on the run flats?? Thanks again Beden input really helpful!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Beden's sugggestion of Lemans Blue/Saddle Brown is really stunning. Had I known in 2009 how beautiful that combination played out, there is a really good chance my current E93 wouldn't be Space Gray.

DSXMachina's E92 is TiAg/Saddle Brown. I've seen it in person and it's a very sharp combination.

If I were leasing (i.e. short term exposure) vs owning (long term exposure) I might jump for the Coral Red interior in a heart beat. As you probably know, Coral Red in person is a very rich pure red. With Black/TiAG/MW it would be truly stunning.

(Let me know if I'm helping here!)

Based on your previous cars, you seem to gravitate to the grayscale for exterior colors i.e. Black - Gray - Silver - White.

Based on your leanings here are the combo's I'd do in no favorite order:

Crimson/Black (Classic - My dad's 1957 356 Porsche in this livery inspired my 1994 Honda Civic Coupe - I drove it for 15 years and never tired of the combination)

Lemans/Saddle Brown Very eye-catching and not very common.

Sapphire Black/Saddle Brown or Sapphire Black/Red Can't go wrong with either, it's just a matter of how much love and attention you want to give that black exterior.

TiAg/Space Gray/MW or AW are a bit more low key and work very well if you like to fly just under the RADAR. Go wild with your interior choice. It's a coupe!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Believe me I fear the CR interior as well!! Kind of an alternative but doubtful I'll pull the trigger(Too Bright) The Saddle Brown does look pretty sweet but that's the one I have never seen in the flesh but admired in photo's so we'll see. Honestly I see more M3's up here by a landslide over the "IS" which is appealing..Why?? Going with the 19' 313 style and really like the look better than the standard 18 inchers plus heard the 19's are forged but my C/A is clueless but researching,Any issues with the 19's for you i'm assuming you're driving on the run flats?? Thanks again Beden input really helpful!
Exterior car colors are a real personal choice and usually you're best selecting a color that you know you are going to be comfortable with everyday. Like Kat offered, you may be most comfortable with the silver and black interior like mine for the long run, especially if you are going to buy the car.

I have not had a problem with my 19" wheels and run flats but this is not my daily driver. As long as I keep the tires inflated to what's on the door sticker, the ride is very good and pliable and not what I would call harsh. You will get a bit jarred if you hit a sunken man hole cover or pot hole, and that's when I cringe and hope I didn't crack a wheel (which I have not). It's a tough decision, but my gut would probably feel better with the 18" wheels if it was my daily driver.

I have been noticing several 1 Series BMWs with finished and BMW painted brake calipers. I wish I had these, and I think you can now order these to be installed at the US port of entry facility. These caliper covers would really finish off the look of the wheels that are open on the dedicated 335is wheels.

* If the 19" wheels are forged, then I would go with them for the look.

Last edited by beden1; 11-15-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Beden's sugggestion of Lemans Blue/Saddle Brown is really stunning. Had I known in 2009 how beautiful that combination played out, there is a really good chance my current E93 wouldn't be Space Gray.

DSXMachina's E92 is TiAg/Saddle Brown. I've seen it in person and it's a very sharp combination.

If I were leasing (i.e. short term exposure) vs owning (long term exposure) I might jump for the Coral Red interior in a heart beat. As you probably know, Coral Red in person is a very rich pure red. With Black/TiAG/MW it would be truly stunning.

(Let me know if I'm helping here!)

Based on your previous cars, you seem to gravitate to the grayscale for exterior colors i.e. Black - Gray - Silver - White.

Based on your leanings here are the combo's I'd do in no favorite order:

Crimson/Black (Classic - My dad's 1957 356 Porsche in this livery inspired my 1994 Honda Civic Coupe - I drove it for 15 years and never tired of the combination)

Lemans/Saddle Brown Very eye-catching and not very common.

Sapphire Black/Saddle Brown or Sapphire Black/Red Can't go wrong with either, it's just a matter of how much love and attention you want to give that black exterior.

TiAg/Space Gray/MW or AW are a bit more low key and work very well if you like to fly just under the RADAR. Go wild with your interior choice. It's a coupe!
Kat it's now official...My mind is mush! So you noticed I gravitate to the easily maintained but my late teens and early 20's were consumed with black cars and it really wore me out I mean who the heck has that much spare time??Witnessed a Black 335is unsure of interior but have to admit it floored me (That good) So i have till mid December to place the order and want to get it right with no regrets.Thanks for all the suggestions and adding to my confusion LOL...Take care!

Last edited by Chop362; 11-16-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
Quote:
+1 on the LeMans Blue/Saddle. Gotten a lot of compliments on my color combo.

2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Fluggaenkdechioebolsen!

Mein Auto: MH-60S
One thing I don't get about many E9X interiors is that you can select an interior and then BMW will slap in some headliner and trim for the pillars that in no way matches the leather/carpeting. I know there's a lot of folks out there with this combination and I mean no offense. Hey, nobody put a gun to anyone's head when purchasing/leasing. Right?

For instance, independent of exterior color, I think Saddle Brown looks great. But all the examples I've seen have a grey headliner and pillars. To me, it all starts to get cluttered with say... Saddle Brown, Grey Headliner and Pillars, Titanium Inserts, Black Dash.

That's one of the reasons we went with Beige/Walnut. Everything in the car matches. Very organic looking.

But let's complicate the matter... What about door, dash and console inserts?

My vote, FWIW, Red/Coral/Carbon Fiber. You only live once!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBMW View Post
+1 on the LeMans Blue/Saddle. Gotten a lot of compliments on my color combo.
That's a sharp combination. The interior color from your picture looks like what I remembered in person. It looks more like brown baseball glove leather, doesn't it?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i Sports Wagon
In pothole heaven (New England and New York) I'd go with 18" wheels. You run too much risk of tire and wheel damage with19" wheels. The greater the sidewall, the less risk. If you still prefer the look of 19" wheels, buy the tire insurance.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages
Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 AM
Drive it like u stole it!

Mein Auto: 2013 M3
I, too< have the lemans and saddle, everybody loves the combo.......the saddle pops off the blue.......

1997 328i- retired
2007 328i- retired- lease
2006 330xi- retired
2011 335xi-PCD-12/13/10 - DINAN3-----retired
2013 M3-Laguna Seca-6 speed-EDC

2006 X5- retired
2011 X5- retired- buy back

bmw cca#443379
Old 11-16-2012, 07:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
You can't go wrong with any of these suggestions. If it were me I'd go AW/Saddle. I've never had a white car and it looks sharp on the E92. Plus after have a dark car for sevelal years, easier upkeep woul be nice Since you currently have AW you probably want something different for a change. My choice 2 would be LeMans. Another sharp color! I really like the saddle interior though, and would get that again without a second thought. After 5 years I still love the color.

Good luck with the new car!!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335i Cabrio
LeMans + Saddle would be sharp, but I'm very happy with my LeMans/CoralRed.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-SD View Post
You can't go wrong with any of these suggestions. If it were me I'd go AW/Saddle. I've never had a white car and it looks sharp on the E92. Plus after have a dark car for sevelal years, easier upkeep woul be nice Since you currently have AW you probably want something different for a change. My choice 2 would be LeMans. Another sharp color! I really like the saddle interior though, and would get that again without a second thought. After 5 years I still love the color.

Good luck with the new car!!
Trust me i'm spoiled by the lighter colors and the minimum upkeep which was the reason for my previous choices and current ride...I admire some of the darker colors such as the Lemans/Sapphire but do I really need to slave again??Maybe when all is said and done I'll return to my practical side,LOL.Maybe Mineral White?? Thanks for the response
Old 11-16-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcreese View Post
In pothole heaven (New England and New York) I'd go with 18" wheels. You run too much risk of tire and wheel damage with19" wheels. The greater the sidewall, the less risk. If you still prefer the look of 19" wheels, buy the tire insurance.
This is what i fear..A bent/cracked rim!! Hear ya on the roads up here but the 19's look that much better and regretted passing them up last time around but believe the 313's are forged which kind of encourages me but nothing bullet proof on the N.East roads as you well know...Thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
lemans /oyster if u are 1337