Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i
aFe Throttle Body Spacer on a 650i

I just had mine delivered just to try it (got it cheap off ebay for $120). I am running an aFe CAI and 3x Res delete + x-pipe with magnaflows.

There are no posts here in the 6-Series forum so i figured I would start one.

The manufacturer claims:

"This Silver Bullet throttle body spacer produced 10 hp and 14 lbs. x ft. of torque by creating turbulence in the air flow at the point just prior entry into the engine. Silver Bullet throttle body spacers are constructed out of durable T-6061 billet aluminum and using a unique serrated/helix entry to create turbulence at the manifold while eliminating the annoying whistle found in other helix only throttle spacers"

Based on the limited info I can find on the aFe and smiler spacers from research... It seems there are mixed review on this. Many people feel they are a total waste on turbo cars, but since we are running a NA v8 i figured i would give it a shot... Even if the only gain I see is a few MPG im ok with that...

It also seems crazy/bold that the manufacturer claims 10 hp and 14 lbs. x ft Tq... with a dyno chart attached... lol That would be a huge gain for such a cheap part. How could they get away with such bold false advertising if untrue?

Anyhow, Im going to install it tomorrow and post my feedback.. Thoughts? Snake oil? Has anyone tried one on a 6?
Ads by Google