Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
trekwars2000 trekwars2000 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Henderson NV
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 159
Mein Auto: '06 750Li and '08 FEH
Help me understand what discounts I can get (740i)

So we are looking at a lot of different options for a newer BMW. We were looking at the 09 7 series coming off of leases but most are still over 50K. We are throwing around the idea of looking at a new 740.

So when I currently go to build a 7 series online it says there is a M-sport package credit (making it free). Is this available if we buy (not lease) the car? We are USAA members so it looks like we get another 5K off for that. In addition, the holiday sales event looks like it gives us 3.5K off and the loyalty cash for $750 also applies. Is this all true?

Do we get all those discounts after we agree with a dealer on the price of a car or are we only going to get those discounts off of full MSRP?

If the Msport package only applies to a lease can we lease the car and then change it to a purchase right away? We have a car we will be trading in that will net about 17-19K for us (applies to lower overall tax burden in NV on a trade).
__________________
My Garage:
2011-Current 2006 750Li
2008-Current 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Retired:
2006-2011 2006 325i
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 AM
petriej's Avatar
petriej petriej is offline
Cruising 280 Top Down
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,088
Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
Discounts apply after dealer negotiated price, as far as I know.
__________________

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 AM
trekwars2000 trekwars2000 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Henderson NV
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 159
Mein Auto: '06 750Li and '08 FEH
petreij, looks like that to me too. I found the answer to my USAA 5k discount question. It cannot be combined with the holiday credit or loyality credit.

However, I still have a question if my 1000 USAA discount can be combined with both the HC and LC.
__________________
My Garage:
2011-Current 2006 750Li
2008-Current 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Retired:
2006-2011 2006 325i
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
petriej's Avatar
petriej petriej is offline
Cruising 280 Top Down
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,088
Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
I *think* the $5k USAA (I'm a member too!) is for financing through USAA, thus ineligible to receive Holiday credit and loyalty credit. If you use BMW FS, and thus eligible to use HC & LC, you can get a different USAA credit of ~$1k.
__________________

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
wassy's Avatar
wassy wassy is offline
BMW Enthusiast!
Location: florida
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 299
Mein Auto: '08 750i
Based on my recent shopping experience, the USAA is stackable with the HC & LC. Car must be new with no more than 1000 miles on it. My guess, depending on your local market, is you can buy or lease the car based on a discount, all in, of $11-12k off MSRP. If you have an iPhone, BMW also has a BMW drive app that you activate while at the dealer, and receive another $700 (I think for the 740i and also the max) toward 1st payment or total cash out of pocket. I already considered that in my guess! That's for a current 2013. Deals are pretty good. Good luck.
__________________
'13 640i Gran Coupe Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown, M-Sport, Driver Assistance, Lux Seating, Premium Sound, Full LED's

'10 Porsche Panamera S
'09 Maserati Quattroporte S
'08 550i Carbon Black/Natural Brown/Anthracite, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort access, Sport transmission, rear shades, NAV, Sirius, L7, Ipod/USB, PDC, Heated Front Seats.
'08 750i Sapphire Black/Natural Brown
'06 750i Sapphire Black/Natural Brown
'07 550i Sapphire Black/Black
'05 545i Silver Grey/Black
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:34 AM
trekwars2000 trekwars2000 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Henderson NV
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 159
Mein Auto: '06 750Li and '08 FEH
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy View Post
Based on my recent shopping experience, the USAA is stackable with the HC & LC. Car must be new with no more than 1000 miles on it. My guess, depending on your local market, is you can buy or lease the car based on a discount, all in, of $11-12k off MSRP. If you have an iPhone, BMW also has a BMW drive app that you activate while at the dealer, and receive another $700 (I think for the 740i and also the max) toward 1st payment or total cash out of pocket. I already considered that in my guess! That's for a current 2013. Deals are pretty good. Good luck.
I thought the BMW drive discount was only for current or recent BMWFS members? We financed our first BMW through USAA and then paid cash for the 2nd.

I see mixed reviews on if the 5K USAA is stackable with the HC/LC but it seems clear that the 1K (financed through BMWFS) USAA is stackabvle with HC/LC.

We are starting to look at the ActiveHybrid5 as well as an alternate if the USAA 5K isn't stackable with the HC/LC. It looks like the AH5 has an EcoCredit of 4.5K (through the end of this month) and HC of 2k. An AH5 optioned out like I want comes out to ~75K MSRP though. We would likely ED the AH5. The invoice for the ED AH5 is 65K (70.7K ED MSRP). Decisions, decisions.

Other than size, does anyone what options/features would I be missing on a loaded AH5 vs 740?
__________________
My Garage:
2011-Current 2006 750Li
2008-Current 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Retired:
2006-2011 2006 325i
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 905
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekwars2000 View Post
I thought the BMW drive discount was only for current or recent BMWFS members? We financed our first BMW through USAA and then paid cash for the 2nd.

I see mixed reviews on if the 5K USAA is stackable with the HC/LC but it seems clear that the 1K (financed through BMWFS) USAA is stackabvle with HC/LC.

We are starting to look at the ActiveHybrid5 as well as an alternate if the USAA 5K isn't stackable with the HC/LC. It looks like the AH5 has an EcoCredit of 4.5K (through the end of this month) and HC of 2k. An AH5 optioned out like I want comes out to ~75K MSRP though. We would likely ED the AH5. The invoice for the ED AH5 is 65K (70.7K ED MSRP). Decisions, decisions.

Other than size, does anyone what options/features would I be missing on a loaded AH5 vs 740?
Non FS funded contracts can use the non FS funded USAA credit - NO HC/LC/BMW APP

FS funded contracts can use the FS funded USAA credit - dollar amount is less - YES HC/LC/BMW APP

I think the confusion is most people do not know there are actually 2 different USAA credits - one intented for FS contracts and one for non FS contracts
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!


BMW i3s in stock
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:48 AM
trekwars2000 trekwars2000 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Henderson NV
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 159
Mein Auto: '06 750Li and '08 FEH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
Non FS funded contracts can use the non FS funded USAA credit - NO HC/LC/BMW APP

FS funded contracts can use the FS funded USAA credit - dollar amount is less - YES HC/LC/BMW APP

I think the confusion is most people do not know there are actually 2 different USAA credits - one intented for FS contracts and one for non FS contracts
Justin thanks for the reply. The one intended for BMWFS contracts is a flat 1k (model doesn't matter) and the other goes up to 6k.
__________________
My Garage:
2011-Current 2006 750Li
2008-Current 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Retired:
2006-2011 2006 325i
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Justin@NCBMW Justin@NCBMW is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 905
Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekwars2000 View Post
Justin thanks for the reply. The one intended for BMWFS contracts is a flat 1k (model doesn't matter) and the other goes up to 6k.
That is correct
__________________
Justin W.
Lease Portfolio/ED Manager
New Century BMW ~ 7 Time Center of Excellence recipient 2013 PIA winner

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675


Click here to email me!


BMW i3s in stock
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms