Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 528i
I don't think i hear anything when I pull the handle,.. do you think BMW warranty will cover this ? just asking for opinions. thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 08:22 AM
1oz perception-1# obscure

Mein Auto: 2013 535i XDrive M-Sport
I think your pump is not working, or the power lead is disconnected, or something. If you aren't keen to diagnose and fix it yourself, I'd take it in for service on the pump, and not mention the fluid you put in. It's coincidental; nothing seems wrong with your fluid choice.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0lt3c View Post
I use the same bug wash in my e60 and it works fine. Check your pump or for blockages.
how can I check the blockages ?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM

Ok, so I went to tht stealership today.
My car is under CPO warranty plus 2 year extended maintenance plan, and here is what I was told

-> This issue will come under CPO warranty plan with $50.00 deductible, if the issue is due to something got damaged then they will not cover under warranty , and will charge me $69.00 diagnostic fee.

When I was buying this car, I was told that the 2 year Maintenance plan will override the CPO warranty plan and their won't be any deductible.. they lied to me, i am really upset, I took car my back without fixing this isssue.

Please suggest what shall I do ?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 330i
OMG it is washer fluid! unless you put it in the gas tank, oil, or radiator you are fine. **** windex would work!!! Lol
Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: 535xit
On my 2008 535xi, my washer stopped spraying, but I did hear the pump making noise. I removed the front right wheel and wheel well cover to access the washer reservoir and pump (stupid design, BTW). What I found was that there are little mesh filters that are attached to the top of the pump, and the reservoir was filled with a gooey algae, which had blocked those filters. I flushed out the reservoir, removed an cleaned the pumps and filters, and all is now well..

Last time I was at the dealer, my service advisor confirmed that they are seeing this situation quite a bit, likely doe to BMW's new low-VOC, plant-based, green washer fluid, which does not inhibit microbial growth like the old stuff did.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkumararora5 View Post
My car is under CPO warranty plus 2 year extended maintenance plan, and here is what I was told

-> This issue will come under CPO warranty plan with $50.00 deductible, if the issue is due to something got damaged then they will not cover under warranty , and will charge me $69.00 diagnostic fee.

When I was buying this car, I was told that the 2 year Maintenance plan will override the CPO warranty plan and their won't be any deductible.. they lied to me, i am really upset, I took car my back without fixing this isssue.

Sorry, but you must have misunderstood because there's no linkage between a CPO warranty and a maintenance plan. The warranty covers defective components and the maintenance plan covers things like scheduled fluid changes, wiper blade replacements, brakes, etc for a period of two years. It should all be spelled out in the paperwork you received.
Premium, Value, Cold Weather, Sport Auto, Navigation, Satellite, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Fold Down Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side Airbags, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 LED angel eyes
Old 11-15-2012, 03:53 PM

Mein Auto: A car
sounds like taking the "free" washer fluid is going to cause problems - I'm about to get another big bottle of super-concentrate - and make up our own - all you need a couple of bottles - gallon milk jugs will do...

http://www.gunk.com/products/cat_det.asp

16 oz - makes 8 gallons - cost $3.02 (wholesale) - you can find it on Amazon for $7.05 - when the gallon of fluid at the store is $2 on special - you're going to be ahead by about 50% savings - and if you want to make it a little stronger - say 2.25 fl oz per gallon - you can do so.

Want a generic formula? Look up "Cyclo C-207" or "Cyclo C-206" on Amazon.

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkumararora5 View Post

We can suggest, but its your investment.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel like your not really a DIY kinda person. Hence here are the so-called options.

A) If you find ANOTHER dealer, then try your luck there. Explain that the washer function doesnt work when your press the stalk. If they come up with the same diagnostic fee, and you dont really want to find an independent mechanic, than honestly Just go with that route, and be over with it.

B) or you can just find an independent BMW shop, get the parts, and have them do an install.

BTW it sucks to tell you this, but you cant double CPO and PRE-PAID maintenance. CPO (covers what a warranty would cover, but not wear and tear) and PRE-PAID (is similar to oil changes, coolant tops, and other stuff the NEW BMW maintenance pre-paid service plan covers).

Your bought essentially a used car, hence the USED CAR dealer, isnt gonna be out to help u out, they're just usin a bit more sophisticated language then the guy at say your local SUPER USED CAR LOT.

But anyways good luck.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 AM
OBDI Junkie

Mein Auto: E36 M3
I swear if I still lived in Phx I'd check the car out N/C myself to just end the mystery!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoods50 View Post
I swear if I still lived in Phx I'd check the car out N/C myself to just end the mystery!
I didn't understand what you meant?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM
OBDI Junkie

Mein Auto: E36 M3
I used to live in Litchfield Park AZ.

I meant that if I still did- I'd offer to check it out free, to end the mystery of what is wrong.

Sorry- I know that doesn't help a bit though.