Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE34M20 View Post
Yes strted driving it finally worked happy about that....gauge is straight in the middle and im strting to get really happy!! Cuz i have put a lot of money into this tough little bimmer!! Had it ever since it was new!
Have you ever had this problem with your car before ? Are you the person who usually flushes or changes the radiator on your car ?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1989 525i M20B25
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
Have you ever had this problem with your car before ? Are you the person who usually flushes or changes the radiator on your car ?
More than likely his first time. Probably needs a serious cooling system flush for the most efficient operation.
Oh well, so long as it works right???
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplane94 View Post
More than likely his first time. Probably needs a serious cooling system flush for the most efficient operation.
Oh well, so long as it works right???
Might not be his first time paperplane. Still wondering why this proved necessary....to clarify, your method works, and is the preferred method to evacuate stuff from the radiator when draining it during the flush, but it should not have been needed for basic bleeding and the OP clearly had tried a few times according to the bentley method, which though different from mine, should not have left sufficient air in there for the car to run hot.

I'm concerned that there may be another problem in there that has been overlooked. When I recently fixed my old radiator after a flush, I failed to clamp the rad hose tightly, even though I thought I did and had flushed it many times before. Carelessness can sometimes cause issues. I'm just being anal I know. But the cooling system, when it self destructs, does so quickly and our car does not come with an overheat alarm siren.

rgds,
Roberto
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM

Mein Auto: 1990 BMW 525i M20B25
The car runs great!!! Drove it more than 10 miles no problems whatsoever. And it is my first time, its my first time doing everything!! Timing Belt Thermostat Vbelts HeadGasket Hoses.....first time repairing my car since i dont wanna spend alot of money on Labor for the mechanics. This is why i dont know. But my car is original and has 250,600 miles. Also i had to flush every amount of coolant out since i did the headgasket replacement. Thanks for your help Guys it was a life saver!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Banned

This is your first time repairing your car......and you did the headgasket ?

*gulp*

You certain deserve this sir

btw, did your old timing belt last for 250k miles ?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:44 PM

Mein Auto: 1990 BMW 525i M20B25
OH no haha it has been replaced before LOL....and yeah had too mechanic would've charged me $1000!!!! and i have the Bently Manual so that came in handy
Old 11-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE34M20 View Post
OH no haha it has been replaced before LOL....and yeah had too mechanic would've charged me $1000!!!! and i have the Bently Manual so that came in handy